Padawan787's progress log

Padawan787

Moderator Reserve, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Hi!

So I have decided to start a log In order to track my progress and hopefully get some input from more experienced users. This log will be getting weekly updates as opposed to daily updates and will outline my PE routine, Kegel routine, supplements taken and any (hopeful) gains.

Stats:

Starting BPEL: 16.5 cm (6.5 inches)
Starting MSEG: 12 cm (4.7 inches)

3 month goal

BPEL: 17 cm (6.75 inches) ----- ACHIEVED!
MSEG: 12.7 cm (5 inches)

1 year goal

BPEL: 19 cm (7.5 inches)
MSEG: 14 cm (5.5 inches)

EDIT:
Manual routine from November 2011 until June or July 2012 - Gains = 1cm
Hanging routine started November 29th 2012, log starts here: Hanging

Last edited:

Padawan787

Reaction score
So, first update to the log.

I started PE at the end of November but had to stop for about 3 weeks in January due to exams and an ingrown hair on my penis which stopped me from jelqing. This extended break was actually quite beneficial though as I used the time to concentrate exclusively on my kegel routine and I was able to research the theory behind PE exercises and the refractory period, which is the main reason why I came to this site.

When I started PE (November to January) I did the JP90 program on a 2 on 1 off basis, but I never really felt that I was getting a good, intense workout. During my extended break I came up with a more intense routine that I believe is still beginner friendly, This is what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks and I have had positive PI's so far:

5 minute stretching:

2 Straight out x30sec

2 Left (held against thigh) x 30 sec

2 Right (held against thigh) x 30sec

2 Straight up (against stomach) x 30 sec

2 Tunica tugs (straight out) x 30 sec

(I do a few helis between stretches)

15min Jelqing:

5mins OK jelq

5mins V-jelq

5mins Ok-jelq

I jelq to a metronome for constintency and do a 4sec stroke for an OK jelq and a 5sec stroke for a V jelq so I do 150 OK jelqs (600/4) and 60 V-jelqs (300/5)

Warm down:

Shower

-----------------------------------------

I no longer warm up as I rely on the release of energy from hysteresis during the stretching part of my routine to warm up and prepare my penis (https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theory-science-forum/36265-penile-ligaments-connective-tissues.html).

I perform this routine twice a day, once in the morning at around 8 or 9 when I wake up and then I do it again in the evening when I get back from class. It is not particularly intense compared to other routines but it is a lot more than I was doing initially. The added volume makes it feel more intense than what I was doing from November to January but the 8-10 hour rest between sets means that I don't feel fatigued and I will hopefully avoid injury.

I do this routine on a 4 on 3 off basis, monday to thursday, and then I take Friday, Saturday and Sunday off as this is when I see my girlfriend and I don't want fatigue or overtraining to affect my erections.

Kegels:

I now do more reverse kegels than kegels to try and improve my pelvic floor balance, the kegel routine is also my best bet of improving my refractory period. This is my current routine:

30 quick kegels x3

5s held kegel x 6

10s held kegel x3

30 quick RKs x 4

5s held RKs x 8

10s held RKs x 4

I may need to increase the reverse kegel to kegel ratio though. This is also done on a 4 on 3 off basis.

Supplements:

I currently take a standard multivitamin, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, yohimbe, zinc and I drink between 1 and 2 litres of green tea a day. When my finances improve I will add to these

A bit long but thanks for reading :)

Padawan787

Reaction score
2nd update: 9th Feb 2012

Routine summary

Couldn't PE on Monday as I was at my girlfriend's house in the morning and then again at night, I will PE tomorrow instead of resting in order to make it up. My girlfriend will be gone visiting her parents for the weekend so EQ won't be a worry, I might even PE on the Saturday morning as well since I won't be seeing her.

I have slightly modified my routine this week, my OK-grip jelq stroke has been increased from 4 to 5 seconds, and my V-Jelq stroke has been increased from a 5 to a 6 second stroke. I will technically be doing fewer reps (120 OK / 50 V) because of the time increase but the quality of my jelqing should be better.

Also, after the morning workout I do my Kegel and my reverse Kegel routines, however after my evening workout I only do my reverse Kegel routine. I hope that I have now found a good kegel to reverse Kegel ratio

Observations and questions

I have noticed that when fully erect I can now move my penis in any direction, right and left until my thigh and down until it is paralel with the floor. Before I started PE I could barely move my erect penis down, let alone to the side, without experiencing some pain or tightness. Is my newfound flexibility a sign that my ligaments are looser or more supple?

As I only do 10mins of stretching does anyone feel that I am slacking in that department? Should I do more stretches?
Same question for jelqing, I do 240 OK jelqs and 100 V-jelqs per day (combined total of both sessions), should I do more? maybe add on another 5min jelqing segment to my routine?

Could anyone suggest a V-jelq alternative that is easy and beginner friendly? I am positive that my technique is correct but I get much more expansion from an OK jelq which is odd as I think that it is meant to be the other way around! also the V-jelq is the only girth part of my routine so I would like to replace it as I don't particularly like doing them and I don't feel that they are working as well as they should be

EDIT: Also noticed that I have a newly visible vein down the side of my penis, hopefully means better circulation and vascular performance!

Final observation is a positive one! Today I edged straight after my evening PE session, I was still in the bathroom in front of the mirror when I was edging and my penis looked fucking HUGE :D I haven't seen my erect penis in front of a mirror for ages and whenever I have an erection I see it from the top down, so I was really surprised to see how big it looked in the mirror while edging! It was probably slightly larger due to the post-workout ''plumpness effect'' but it was still nice to see, and I haven't measured since November so when I measure again I will hopefully have a nice surprise :)

Supplements

Also, I just ordered LOTS of supplements from amazon which I should be receiving on Monday or Tuesday :) this is the list of what I will be taking from next week onwards:

standard multivitamin - Taking it for general health, and the B vitamins which are good for reducing the refractory period

ginseng - One of the 5 G's, good for circulation (I think)

ginkgo biloba - One of the 5 G's, good for circulation

yohimbe - Aphrodisiac, I was told that it is also good for the refractory period (has done fuck all for now though!)

zinc - Important for sperm and testosterone production

Vitex (chasteberry) - reduces prolactin, so should be good for refractory period

Maca - Enhances libido, apparently high in amino acids too

L-lysine and L-arginine - essential amino acids, I always see them recommended on the site and I know that they are important for something, I just can't remember what! lol

Plus lots of green tea, and lots of garlic and cayenne pepper in my cooking

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Padawan787

Reaction score
Small update, Just did my morning PE session, and UVs are fucking awesome! definitely keeping them in my routine permanently, much more effective and satisfying than normal V-jelqs :) However, UJs were disappointing, My technique might be wrong but I think that I will stick with normal OK grip wet jelqs for now

Question: I used to do v-jelqs straight up but since the UV uses an A-grip it is easier to do them straight out, I also OK-jelq straight out and this means that I will be doing all of my exercises in the same direction. Is this ok or do I need more variety?

GymBoi4eva

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
As I only do 10mins of stretching does anyone feel that I am slacking in that department? Should I do more stretches?
Same question for jelqing, I do 240 OK jelqs and 100 V-jelqs per day (combined total of both sessions), should I do more? maybe add on another 5min jelqing segment to my routine?

Hey mate nice Log. I personally added time slowly to each exercise over the weeks i.e 1 or 2 minutes a week, depending on how my penis felt. I ended up with a routine that was huge but i felt it worked for me. Recently i have backed off abit due to other reasons but i have always thought that was the way to go with PE.

I noticed you said you don't warm up anymore, i see where you are coming from in your therory but it's very dangerous mate and is an injury waiting to happen. I should know. Nothing worse than an injury when you are on a good run of form, especially when it was easily avoided. :( That's just my view though.

Another good thing to do is swap your stretches around with jelqs in the routine (do jelqs first), i like to do this because i believe that Penis Confusion really works. I will change it up around every 2-3 months depending on how i feel the it has all gone.

I will stay tuned to your Log, i am very interested to see how you get on with them UV's and UJ's! Keep us posted. :D

By the way, good to see your ingrown hair has gone. :) Good luck for the future mate.

Padawan787

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting gymboi :)

Ok I will add stretches incrementally, maybe 2 extra 30sec stretches a week

I know that I really should warm up, I have researched that theory and tissue is definitely more susceptible to plastic deformation when exposed to heat, but after seeing DonJelqers79's thread on the inefficiency of current heating methods such as the rice sock etc. I'm not going to bother warming up until I can afford to buy an ultrasound-machine :)

I'll keep you informed on the UVs and the UJs, but I am resting until Monday so you'll have to wait :p

Padawan787

Reaction score
A bundled stretch is when you twist your flaccid clockwise or counterclockwise before stretching right? and they are good for girth? I might incorporate them if they are good for girth

Steve23

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Yep, start with a half turn maybe then in a few weeks a full 360 turn then stretch it after it's turned. Adds girth.

Padawan787

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the quick reply steve!

I will be adding 2 30sec stretches a week until I basically do what I'm doing now twice, then I will add the bundled stretches :)

So I will start in 5 weeks time, are bundled stretches considered to be an "intense exercise?" will I have enough conditioning to start them?

Steve23

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
They are fine to do after 3 months of PE.

Padawan787

Reaction score
great, thanks! i'll add them in a few weeks then

Quick update to the log: Giving up smoking, again, tonight! last weekend I lasted 12 hours so hopefully I will do better this time lol
I have been smoking really really light cigarettes this week (0.1 mg of nicotine) and hopefully that has decreased my dependence somewhat

We will see how I get on

Padawan787

Reaction score
Taking a full day off today as it is Valentines day, don't want any risk of fatigue for tonight! :p

GymBoi4eva

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I will be adding 2 30sec stretches a week until I basically do what I'm doing now twice, then I will add the bundled stretches :)

I love these bundled stretches, they are so effective and you can really feel them working! :)

Padawan787

Reaction score
Right, so I have started taking my new supplements, I received most of them yesterday

But I have a few questions regarding Vitex (chasteberry)...I am taking it in order to reduce prolactin so that my refractory period will hopefully be shorter. However, it turns out that vitex might reduce libido!

Does anyone have any experience with vitex? any thoughts?

I will do a proper update to the log later on tonight :)

Padawan787

Reaction score
Difficult day, trying hard to not smoke :(

Need motivation, looking up articles on how not smoking increases libido to keep me from lighting up

Anyone got any more sexual benefits from giving up smoking?

Last edited:

Padawan787

Reaction score
3rd Update: 17th Feb 2012

Weekly summary

Not the most consistent of weeks, I took Tuesday off as it was Valentines day and I wanted to avoid EQ issues related to fatigue, then I didn't do my PE routine on the wednesday morning as I was still at my girlfriend's house.

I have added the UV's to my routine permanently, they are awesome, I am also experimenting with a sideways UV in order to target the CS but it is too early to tell if it is effective

I won't be able to PE this weekend as my girlfriend will be staying at my house so I can't do any extra days in order to make up for what I missed during the week...I will try to turn the weekend into an extended edging session though :)

Smoking

Very fucking difficult, and I am suffering from physical withdrawal symptoms which is supposedly quite rare (fatigue, dizziness, tightness of the chest etc.), they come and go in spells though, thankfully it isn't all of the time. The biggest problem isn't the cravings though, it is trying to break the habit of having a cigarette with a coffee, or during a break in my lectures, or after dinner etc. once I do all of these things I feel like something is missing when I don't have a cigarette...also missing the smokers "inner circle" and the whole social aspect that goes with smoking...don't think I will last to be honest

Refractory period

THIS is why I am quitting smoking, hopefully I will see an improvement fairly quickly! Valentines day was fucking pathetic, we had sex once and although it was great I would have liked to go again but I couldn't get it up for a second time so we had to wait until the morning in order to have sex again...not the kind of performance that you would expect from a 20 year old on valentines day!!

Anyway, I am taking 300mg of vitex daily in order to reduce prolactin
2.5g of maca in order to boost libido
Quitting smoking in order to boost libido (unverified)
Continuing my kegel routine

I don't feel like I have a low libido, but at the age of 20 I refuse to believe that my shitty refractory period is physical, it has to be hormonal.

Questions

I am looking for something that increases dopamine, this should compliment the vitex quite well, does anyone know of a supplement or a particular food that boosts dopamine?

I have been considering hypnosis for my refractory period, does anyone have any experience with hypnosis for sexual issues?

Also, I haven't been able to definitively verify that smoking increases libido, in some cases quitters have a chronically low sex-drive for up to a year...can any ex-smokers comment on this? did your libido increase or decrease in the short-term after quitting?
Everything that I have found so far says that smoking increases testosterone, inhibits prolactin and stimulates serotonin...all of which is theoretically good for the refractory period

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Padawan787

Reaction score
4th update: 22nd Feb 2012

Weekly summary

Week went reasonably well, my penis didn't get much of a rest at the weekend though as my girlfriend was staying at my house so I had to take Tuesday off as I was a bit sore. My routine is still the same, but I added 1min of extra stretches, and I think that I finally nailed the UJ technique so I will be trying them out again instead of the sideways UVs. I find that it is easier to perform the UJ with just the index finger on the CS, not the index finger and the middle finger as RBI suggests.

I also did a few bundled stretches on the sly this week :p

I will PE tomorrow in order to make up the day that I lost on Tuesday, possible fatigue won't be an issue as my girlfriend has her period this weekend :(

Kegels are going well, I still have occasional "auto-kegel spasms" during sex though, but I am doing my routine consistently

Smoking

9 days since I quit, I had one cigarette last night when I was out with friends but other than that I have been smoke free :) I haven't noticed ANY difference though, my lung capacity is the same, I cough just as often, I don't have more energy and my erections aren't any better (not that they need to be), libido hasn't increased, and there has been no difference to my refractory period...I am quite disappointed actually!

I will give it 28 days and if there are no significant improvements I will start smoking again, and yes I know quitting is good for my general health but I am quitting for a very specific reason (refractory period) and if there is no improvement I see no reason to not smoke.

Next week

I am on holidays from tomorrow onwards so I will be going to my parents house for about a week in order to see them, this means that my PE will be very sporadic. I will do some light stretching when I can and I will jelq a bit in the shower but I will probably be able to do 10mins of jelqing and 5mins of stretching a day at most :(

Thanks for reading!

Also, I think I might measure tonight, I still haven't decided, but i'm curious to see if I have made any gains since I haven't measured since November.

I'm not really expecting anything though because of my 3-4 week break from christmas to the end of January :(

Padawan787

Reaction score
Just measured and nothing has changed, no gains whatsoever, as I expected so I can't be too disappointed

BPEL: 16.5 cm (6.5")

MSEG: 12 cm (4.7")

These are measurements that I have never taken before:

BEG: 13 cm (5.1")

BPFL: 12 cm (4.7")

FMSG (Flaccid Mid Section Girth): 10.5 cm (4.1")

I might measure again next week when I am at my parents house and I will be doing a very light routine to see if there is any difference

Padawan787

Reaction score
Despite predicting and expecting it I am disappointed by my lack of gains, so i'm going to try and remedy it, change my routine ever so slightly and increase the time that I spend doing PE!

Does anyone know if we can determine the thickness of the tunica or the number of layers it contains without resorting to a MRI scan? (which is obviously not possible for me to do lol) the site's search function and google are failing me at the moment :(

Also I have been browsing through some of the older, successful, more famous progress logs and they all seem to have massive workouts that span the entire day and don't let the penis recover for any extended period of time. The constant stress facilitates CREEP

(I definitely recommend going to the progress forum and organising the threads in order of views instead of by most recent activity! Just click on the "views" header, very simple and I can't believe that I haven't thought of it before! it allows you to see the biggest, most effective threads that might be hard to find because they are no longer active)

I currently do my routine in the morning and in the evening, I think that I will add in stretching during the afternoon whenever I can (difficult as I have lectures), and I will do some stretching after my evening workout while watching the television etc.

Looking to really up the workload, might add on an extra 5mins of jelqing to the morning and evening PE routine in addition to the extra stretching during the day, also looking to edge more often