Cusp on covid

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well not many guys peruse my threads and I think this will get the same treatment but that's okay. I can't seem to go anywhere or watch the news or read something without covid coming up. I'm not too bright about many things including this subject but I will write what I know is factual and maybe it might help someone out.

For starters let me tell you I had covid. My oldest son got it in March of 2020. He was positive and symptomatic. He had a slight fever and wasn't smelling that well. I was home during the big lockdown and I took care of him. The care was making him either fried chicken or steak every night with beer. I want you all to know that Bud goes with steak and Blue Moon goes with chicken. He taught me that. Other than being confined to his room he would go out back and workout with weights for an hour or so. I said to myself I can't wait to get an illness where I could eat steak, fried chicken, drink beer and workout. Now that's my kind of virus.
Well a month later I got it. I went, got the test and then I had my whole bedroom to myself for weeks. For a couple of days I didn't feel good but honestly I have gone to work in the past feeling worse. 3--4 days later I felt fine but I still had the bedroom all to myself except for the dog and that I'll talk about later.

I am older and when I tested positive I thought it was goodbye time although I have no other medical conditions. I was surprised about how un sick I felt. Well with nothing to do I read everything ever written about this virus and still do.
In the early part of 2020 NY was the hotbed of the virus. Many people died; hey some were even killed by our governor. Sadly in those months many died because doctors didn't know how to treat it. I have many friends who are physicians and nurses and the plain truth is they had no idea how to treat it.You know that many people that got it were put on ventilators which as it turns out was the worst thing to do but they really had no clue so they did what they thought best. The reason the death rate has gone down over the last 6 months had nothing to do with the vaccine but rather doctors now know how to treat it. Despite what you may hear if you get covid and go for treatment and not wait until you're almost dead you will not die and will go and live your life until something else kills you.

The virus has a greater than 99%cure rate. When we talk cancer we talk about survival rate; much different than cure rate. Do I feel bad for the one % ? Sure I do but I will tell you this that most of those who died had other issues beside covid. You will never see a breakdown of deaths based on who was healthy and who had other medical issues.We may know that info ten years from now.....maybe.

I say this because this is a disease to not be anymore afraid then other similar diseases. You see the flu can kill you pretty good as well.
I know more than 25 people who have had the disease and not only did no one die but other than feeling like crap for a week they're fine.
My 87 year old stepmother got covid 2 weeks to the day she got her 2nd shot.She went to the doc,she had symptoms and tested positive. Not knowing what to do,go to the hospital or whatever she asked the doc who said just go home we'll call you later. She went home, hid in her room away from my 98 year old father and was called later by the doc who told her to come in the next morning. She went to the doc,she got an infusion ( because now we know how to treat it) felt like crap for a week and is fine to this day. My dad who had the shot never had anything.
The point of this part is to let you know that if you're hiding in the basement, not seeing friends or living life because of this virus you're a dope. Oh yes treat it with seriousness, use good judgement but don't walk around thinking you'll die. Don't let the numbers scare you because for the most part they're not real, but I'll get to that.
Tomorrow the vaccine, virus and dogs.

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Fascinating, so much to say. <sniffle>

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
The numbers are wrong? Sometimes they are misinterpreted but for the most parts, they reflect reality. 620 k deaths is not a made up number. Granted, it may include a few improperly reported causes, but a guy who suffers with a high risk health issue and catches Covid-19 and dies, he died because he caught Covid. His health issue may have compounded his reaction to Covid; however, without Covid he would not have died.

My 39 yo friend was an otherwise healthy police officer, yet he succumbed to the disease after suffering for three months. I don’t believe his death was a made up number. Nor were the 23 elderly people who died in the nursing home where my sister-in-law was confined. They may have weakened immune systems, but they all had several more years remaining on their life expectancy.

Last edited:

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think the more telling number to look at is total mortality year over year. It'll be virtually impossible at this point to determine whether the cause of death was from or exacerbated by COVID, or whether that person would have died anyway from pneumonia, cardiac, alzheimer's, etc...

Reactions: Marlon LGHanger

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
In April of 2021, the CDC issued the following report:

[FONT=&quot]During January–December 2020, the estimated 2020 age-adjusted death rate increased for the first time since 2017, with an increase of 15.9% compared with 2019, from 715.2 to 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population. COVID-19 was the underlying or a contributing cause of 377,883 deaths (91.5 deaths per 100,000). COVID-19 death rates were highest among males, older adults, and AI/AN and Hispanic persons. The highest numbers of overall deaths and COVID-19 deaths occurred during April and December. COVID-19 was the third leading underlying cause of death in 2020, replacing suicide as one of the top 10 leading causes of death.[/FONT]

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
620,000 thousand deaths is most certainly a made up number, in fact over 90 percent had other complicating factors.

Complicating factors are things like COPD, heart disease, extreme obesity, diabetes and many other illnesses and diseases.

In fact, the average "covid-19 victim" had 2.6 other contributing factors.

The actual death total from covid and covid alone is far less than 100,000 and in any given year, the elderly and health compromised die from the flu or the common cold at an easily equal or greater rate.

With a survival rate of well over 99%, it simply is not a deadly pandemic......it is a scam.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
The numbers are wrong? Sometimes they are misinterpreted but for the most parts, they reflect reality. 620 k deaths is not a made up number. Granted, it may include a few improperly reported causes, but a guy who suffers with a high risk health issue and catches Covid-19 and dies, he died because he caught Covid. His health issue may have compounded his reaction to Covid; however, without Covid he would not have died.

My 39 yo friend was an otherwise healthy police officer, yet he succumbed to the disease after suffering for three months. I don’t believe his death was a made up number. Nor were the 23 elderly people who died in the nursing home where my sister-in-law was confined. They may have weakened immune systems, but they all had several more years remaining on their life expectancy.

Yes - the CDC numbers are wrong. There's a good reason why the general public doesn't trust Fauci, the CDC and WHO... they've flip flopped and lied too many times to be taken seriously.
Senator Rand Paul wrecked Fauci and all his erroneous statements about Covid, and masks mandates. Only that entire exchange was banned by FakeBook and ScrewTube. The 19 - 25 year old "fact checkers" they hired that currently still live at home with mommy are all brainwashed, indoctrinated products of our failing pubic screwls and colleges. You're not allowed to ask questions because you're a white supremacist and a conspiracy theorist. :lol:

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Again, cause of death aside, if COVID is a scam how do you explain the massive increase in total deaths in the US in 2020?

I do agree that the CDC is spewing misinformation on a regular basis - likely because they're incompetent bureaucrats rather than sinister - and too many people are making bad decisions and implementing ridiculous policy because of them. Regardless, the assertion that COVID isn't a big threat is to ignore the fact that US mortality increased by over 15% in 2020.

Last edited:

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
The CDC is comprised of highly educated medical professionals who have taken an oath to do their best to protect the health of their patience/clientele. If you want to spew untruths about their motivation, I would like to see the real evidence, not unproven allegations by conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:

BlueMorpho

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The CDC is comprised of highly educated medical professionals who have taken an oath to do their best to protect the health of their patience/clientele. If you want to spew untruths about their motivation, I would like to see the real evidence, not unproven allegations by conspiracy theorists.

That's what I would normally expect from people who represent the CDC. Same goes for all doctors that take to the media on a daily basis, all over the world. On one hand, doctors are viewed as the creme-de-la-creme in our society. The smartest, ablest, hardest-working and best-paid civil servants (if they work for the public). Therefore, their word should be as good as gold. BUT - it is also known that the medical world is closely tied to big pharma. And if big pharma gets to multiply profits through public backing by doctors and health organizations, well isn't that convenient for them. Of course, there IS no proof to assert this... just speculation.

'Conspiracy theorists' are not necessarily a bunch of folks who confuse speculation with reality. Maybe all they have are doubts.... doubts that the institutions are working for the people's best interest. Speaking for myself, I would say that the fact that 'negative' viewpoints concerning the pandemic/vaccines/lockdown are either under-reported or completely filtered out of the main media outlets.. has brought up a huge red flag for me. Why are some doctors bearing 'bad' news banned from giving voice to their concerns? For example, most doctors are positively pro-vaccine, but that doesn't mean we should not pay heed to the few doctors that have reported major problems with their patients post-vaccine. The negative feedback can be of tremendous help in fine-tuning a better solution. But instead, we have a 'hushing up' of dissent followed by a "damn you, get vaccinated already!"... Oh god. I have these blurry blast-from-the-past visions of a fat kid, bullying his way around the schoolyard, unrelenting in his pursuit unless someone provided him a bag of Cheetos or the latest Marvel Comic strip.:baby:

Reactions: Trax2Brax

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
The CDC main goal, their mission statement is to prevent pandemics and disease from coming into the country. Tell me how good of a job they did.

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
They were too busy using tax dollars to study vaping

I don't think the CDC has a sinister motive - unless you consider scrounging up tax-payer dollars to waste on pet project sinister - but they've clearly proven their incompetence. Just look at the blatant misinformation they've been releasing lately. They completely blew the numbers for the likelihood of vaccinated people catching COVID. Completely blew the numbers for the likelihood of children catching and dying from COVID. And that's just the latest in a year and a half of getting it wrong. It's either purposeful misinformation or incompetence.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Perhaps if the Trump administration had not interfered with and suppressed the dissemination of vital information such as delaying and attempting to halt the release of and retroactively edit the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report which was part of an attempt to silence agency scientists by appointees overriding advice from those scientists, the CDC could have succeeded in their mission.

To many public-health experts, it is clear that the Trump administration’s persistent meddling is responsible for the disastrous way in which the pandemic has unfolded in the United S
tates.

Last edited:

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Perhaps if the Trump administration had not interfered with and suppressed the dissemination of vital information such as delaying and attempting to halt the release of and retroactively edit the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report which was part of an attempt to silence agency scientists by appointees overriding advice from those scientists, the CDC could have succeeded in their mission.

To many public-health experts, it is clear that the Trump administration’s persistent meddling is responsible for the disastrous way in which the pandemic has unfolded in the United S
tates.

When there is no answer to give.....blame Trump, its kind of played out.

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
So do we blame the "new variant" on Biden then?

Reactions: TheAce

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
The Virus and Vaccine

We have been told by the CDC and the media that the only way to make this virus go away is to get everyone vaccinated. That is a lie and they know it.
I went to dinner last night with a friend and his wife. He's a big shot doctor in a very big hospital in NYC and his wife is an emergency room nurse in a hospital out on the island. I learn much from them and for the first time I didn't have to pay the check.
You see covid is a respiratory bug that some bat made in a laboratory all by himself with no help. Respiratory virus never go away. Has the flu every gone away? How bout a cold, you know the rhino virus. Nope not at all. Those little guys just love lungs and mucous membranes; warm, moist; very cozy for them to live and make little baby virus.
Now the reason a respiratory virus never goes away is because they have other hosts as well. Those other hosts are called animals.
I mentioned my dog was with me when I had covid. Little did I know as I spewed virus particles upon breathing that she was inhaling them. You see many animals can harbor these bugs. It doesn't get them sick and eventually they get rid of the virus but for a time, and no studies have been done to show how long, they are carriers. Just think you can complain about the unvaccinated but you can get the bug if your pet has been exposed it it. By having other things to live in besides humans it has assured it will live forever in whatever form it mutates to.

So I asked my friend about the vaccine. He told me it's no different from the flu vaccine. You'll get some protection from it but just like the flu vax you'll need a boaster every year. I was not aware until this morning that now the CDC is recommending a third shot.Gee they didn't tell us hat when they told us to get the shot but my friend says they knew as well as any good doctor.
I asked him about the unvaccinated. He told me me it's just like the flu; healthy won't have much of a problem but the unhealthy will, just like, you guessed it the flu.
Then I got him a bit mad. What about all the unvaccinated healthy people that seem to be dying of this? He got ticked and told me I should know better. Many of the so called healthy are not really healthy; they just are asymptomatic with an undiagnosed condition. He told me that his hospital had quite a few cases of heart issues and various types of cancer and autoimmune conditions that were found when the 'healthy' came to the hospital with covid. I laughed as I sipped Merlot and told him I bet if they died you'd list the cause of death as covid. He gave me a very cold look and said ;we have to'. It was time to switch the subject.
More later.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
Again, cause of death aside, if COVID is a scam how do you explain the massive increase in total deaths in the US in 2020?

I do agree that the CDC is spewing misinformation on a regular basis - likely because they're incompetent bureaucrats rather than sinister - and too many people are making bad decisions and implementing ridiculous policy because of them. Regardless, the assertion that COVID isn't a big threat is to ignore the fact that US mortality increased by over 15% in 2020.

Actually all of the insurance companies that keep totals on the number of deaths nationwide on a yearly basis reported that the number of deaths in the United States are about the same..... no massive increase.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
They were too busy using tax dollars to study vaping

I don't think the CDC has a sinister motive - unless you consider scrounging up tax-payer dollars to waste on pet project sinister - but they've clearly proven their incompetence. Just look at the blatant misinformation they've been releasing lately. They completely blew the numbers for the likelihood of vaccinated people catching COVID. Completely blew the numbers for the likelihood of children catching and dying from COVID. And that's just the latest in a year and a half of getting it wrong. It's either purposeful misinformation or incompetence.

Look at who Biden appointed to head up the CDC. She's not a medical doctor, she's a hack liberal professor with no qualifications to do the job. Just read the script and keep the fear going! The motivation is to keep people scared and maintain the ability to control your life. Global warming / climate change is the next fear weapon. Just look at all the Chicken Little Al Gore types that are saying if we don't get rid of fossil fuels the world is going to end in 10 years and we will all die.... and now it's only 8 years because they we're spewing that BS two years ago. Take a look at all the video clips of Democrats like AOC and Bolshevik Bernie Sanders on CNN & MSNBC wringing their hands and telling us all we have got to stop doing what we're doing and buy an electric car, stop eating meat because cows fart too much and all that methane is causing climate change that's going to kill us... LOL

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
All those doctors, nurses, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, and other researchers, keep saying Corona-19 is dangerous, but all these people who probably struggled to pass science in high school keep saying it’s not. It’s so hard to know who to believe.

By the way Dr. Rochelle Walensky, MD, MDH, comes to the CDC from Massachusetts General Hospital, where she served as Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases from 2017-2020; and Harvard Medical School, where she served as Professor of Medicine from 2012-2020

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
How do you become the head of a department, any department, in a hospital? Another question is why would you want to be the head of a department?
You don't go 4 years to med school, spend a year or 2 working 24 hours a day as a resident and then maybe a few extra years if you want to specialize to go sit behind a desk. That's not why you became a doctor. Doing budgets, addressing staffing problems, supply issues; not only is that doctors are no good at but they never trained for that. Usually the people who become heads of departments are very political and into status and they usually are not good practicing doctors. They're smart but they really suck at hands on with patients and they themselves usually know it. In order for them to not kill too many they get out of the actual practice of medicine and get into administration.

Just think you spent many years and went broke to become a doc and your goal was to sit behind a desk?

Now think about hospitals. My buddy is a retired hospital administrator and he showed me a report he had years ago. Hospitals go through a review yearly and his hospital had a 90% efficiency which is way up there. I gave him a congrats on a job well done. He is a very caring guy and told me to think; his hospital was 90% efficient and he told me that means if his hospital wrote 100,000 prescriptions in a year 10,000 people would get the wrong medicine and if they were allergic to what they got they'd be dead and his hospital would write far more than 100,000 scripts a year. Think!