Average Penis Size Studies - BPEL?

pecker

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was just wondering, I've seen many of the average penis size studies, most of them agree than the majority of men are around 5.5-6 inches

However, most studies do not specify the method used for measuring. My question is, does anyone have a clue if the average size (5.5-6 inches) acquired from many studies on this, are bone-pressed or non bone pressed?

outlawtas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good to know.

Dad

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The measurements used in penis length studies, are bone pressed. (jP

Wow, I had no idea. I am suprised that the average is 5-5.5 nbpel.

I too have wondered the same question though.

Dad

cowboy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Related question: Position of the ruler (or yardstick as the case may be!) at the base of the penis when measuring BPEL. Should the ruler be in contact with the penis at the base? It seems that the ligaments there form somewhat of a impedment to actually pressing bone and it seems necessary (and more comfortable) to press against the pubic bone about 1/2 in. higher. It does affect the measurement. What is the correct placement?

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
Against the pubic bone--1/2 higher--with me it's almost an inch higher. Back at MOS, when I posted some tape measured pics of my dick, with the tape starting at my pubic bone, I was "flamed" for starting the tape measure two inches into my stomach. The pic did appear that way. However, I held the end of the tape tight against that bone. My BPEL and my NBPEL differ by better than an inch.

Just as Jon Pop has attested, all of the studies that I've read measured starting at the pubic bone, down the top of the penis to the piss slit.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Never ask JP how he knows! He's omnipotent! Kinda of like Yoda in Star Wars except maybe taller!

BMot

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I didn't know they were bone-pressed. All this time I've thought I was on the smaller side of average, but I'm actually on the larger side.

fornan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Another question: Are the measurements to the base of the head? Or are they to the very tip?

Radiohead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Against the pubic bone--1/2 higher--with me it's almost an inch higher. Back at MOS, when I posted some tape measured pics of my dick, with the tape starting at my pubic bone, I was "flamed" for starting the tape measure two inches into my stomach. The pic did appear that way. However, I held the end of the tape tight against that bone. My BPEL and my NBPEL differ by better than an inch.

Just as Jon Pop has attested, all of the studies that I've read measured starting at the pubic bone, down the top of the penis to the piss slit.

If you dont mind, I'd like to see a picture of a 10.5x6.5

jdavid1990

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bumping this great thread

Cya at 8

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason for a condom company to do a BPEL survey. I'd question those being anything other than NBPEL in particular.

Steve23

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason for a condom company to do a BPEL survey. I'd question those being anything other than NBPEL in particular.

Well why would medical staff measure a non medical way? BPEL vs anything else, maybe from the side, maybe from the top, maybe from the bottem. etc.
There's no reason for them to measure half assed when a condom isn't even supposed to be unrolled all the way(unless you're huge) would be pretty unprofessional to measure any other way.

Cya at 8

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well why would medical staff measure a non medical way? BPEL vs anything else, maybe from the side, maybe from the top, maybe from the bottem. etc.
There's no reason for them to measure half assed when a condom isn't even supposed to be unrolled all the way(unless you're huge) would be pretty unprofessional to measure any other way.

Not measuring 'half assed', they are measuring so their product fits correctly. Doesn't matter to them if someone has 1" of fat pad or 1/4", what matters if the fit of their product. Better idea , how about we ask them?? I'll send out the email.

Steve23

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Not measuring 'half assed', they are measuring so their product fits correctly. Doesn't matter to them if someone has 1" of fat pad or 1/4", what matters if the fit of their product. Better idea , how about we ask them?? I'll send out the email.

Condoms are supposed to fit by girth, and the excess of the length is most always rolled to fit most penises, so getting a perfect length for a condom isn't really necessary.

CaptainJohnson

Retired Moderator, Senior Member, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Website
www.pegym.com
Although worth noting is bunching at the bottom of a condom near your base can lead to it cutting off circulation a bit. Its like having a mild cock-ring on. If you don't like that feeling, try and keep the unrolled quantity consistent along the shaft to some extent. Bunching isn't really a problem, and may actually aid in avoiding slippage, but that is just speculation on my part.