Elon Musk

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I didn’t say you did. I was referring to JohnneyD‘s post. Yet you guys insist in bringing in Trump and Biden

My contention is that the FBI did not violate the Constitution. Whether the FBI should be bothered with Twitter rules violations can be argued either way depending on your political persuasion And which party controls the Administration.

I find it strange that George Santos is being hailed as the poster boy for the Republican Representatives In Congress. Barney Frank took the gracious way out by resigning when photographed feigning grabbing a sleeping woman’s breasts.
I didn’t “bring in Trump” (I’ve also made my disdain for him very clear already). He just happened to be in reference to an example of the hypocrisy you display when you say that Twitter made their own decision so the FBI isn’t responsible, yet Trump is responsible for people coming to DC on Jan 6 even though they all made their own decision. You still haven’t explained how those 2 ideas don’t contradict each other and now you want to distract and talk about Santos.

And, no, whether there was a violation of the Constitution does not depend on your political persuasion or who controls the WH. Thinking that way is 90% of the problem.

Reactions: BigO

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Santos is just another liar, many such cases on both sides.

The argument over the FBI is not dependant upon which political side one is on.

Either side should see what the FBI did as wrong.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Johnny: I didn’t bring up Santos - that was Cusp.

BigO: one party considers spreading political lies and disinformation a threat to democracy, whereas the other party finds it just fine.Thus the different perspective by opposing parties.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can you honestly say that it's only one party that lies and spreads falsehoods? Is the border really secure? Is inflation transitory? Is Liz Warren really an Indian? Was the withdrawal from Afghanistan the best withdrawal ever? Can I actually keep my doctor and my plan? You cannot be serious if you believe that.
Now who made it governments job to decide what is right, what's wrong, what's a lie or not; do they think Americans are stupid? We need help to know what's bs and what isn't? Right now the dems have the final say; now what happens in 2024 if the repubs take full control of Congress and the White House? I guess it will be their turn to decide what is true and what is misinformation. You okay with that? I'm sure you won't be but if you allow it to continue under one party and it's fair game for the other party to do the same. It must be stopped now. The government should not be in the business of saying what's right or wrong. Let the people figure it out as they have done for decades before social media. You are advocating for communism whether you realize it or not.

Reactions: BigO and Johnny D

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Fair enough. Yet you still won’t answer my question and move onto another topic, instead.

And whether something might be a threat to democracy could very well be a matter of perspective. But whether the government leaning on private business to censor speech is a violation of the Constitution should have nothing to do with “politics”. As I’ve said, it should be very troubling to all of us.

Reactions: CUSP82

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
The FBI encouraged a private company spreading opinions to investigate private citizens for rules violations (something, by the way, I do not condone).Trump, however, encouraged private citizens to storm a government building in order to interupt and change the results of a Constitutionally prescribed procedure which resulted in deaths and injuries. For me, that’s a big difference.

Can we move on now. I have no interest in regurgitating Elizabeth Warren’s Indian-ish heritage?

How about we consider why Tesla’s stock declined from over $400 to just under $109 over past 12 months.

Last edited:

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I could care less about Tesla stock. What I do get concerned about is your acceptance of state run media. That scares me when you and others think that way. I'm just an average guy and if a guy from the FBI comes and tells me to watch for this or that what do you think I'd do? What would you do? Personally I don't want the FBI in my life and I really don't want to piss them off. I think most normal people would fell the same way.
Now social media is run by people and just like me I don't think they want to piss of the FBI. You see if you piss them off bad things could happen to you. Also the implication; the FBI is not going to visit you if everything is hunky dorey would it? The minute they would come to me or the humans running social media one would feel that something is just not right so I better heed their warning very seriously. That put's pressure and influences people to kind of make decisions based on what the FBI warned you about. No I wouldn't want to piss them off because they can make your life miserable. Ask Trump and a few others who were really harmed by a lying FBI.
Think about this; let's say repubs take control of everything in 2024. They fire the guy running the FBI and replace him with Ted Cruz. You gonna be happy with that? Boy an FBI run by Cruz could really shake things up huh? You want his guys dropping by social media platforms and telling them what to watch out for? If you do then you're all for state run media. The reason you like it is because your side is running the show. Wait until the other side takes over. IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED BY ANYONE!

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
May I remind you that this is a form about Elon Musk. I am for freedom of the press (private, not state run) and don’t give a sh*t what Ted Cruz does to social media. What would upset me is if any party in charge interferes with the free election process. I would appreciate it if some guy or any party tries to eliminate the electoral college and allows the popular vote (you know all the people ) to determine who is president.

Last edited:

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score

BigO: one party considers spreading political lies and disinformation a threat to democracy, whereas the other party finds it just fine.Thus the different perspective by opposing parties.
Maybe those democrats should stop spreading those political lies!

Half kidding, both sides lie. Anyone that doesn't see this is blind

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
The FBI encouraged a private company spreading opinions to investigate private citizens for rules violations (something, by the way, I do not condone).Trump, however, encouraged private citizens to storm a government building in order to interupt and change the results of a Constitutionally prescribed procedure which resulted in deaths and injuries. For me, that’s a big difference.

Can we move on now. I have no interest in regurgitating Elizabeth Warren’s Indian-ish heritage?

How about we consider why Tesla’s stock declined from over $400 to just under $109 over past 12 months.
Saying that one is worse than the other doesn’t make the other ok. They can both be bad, and both are things we should all be concerned about. The FBI and other state actors successfully pressured the censorship of speech. If we don’t value the First Amendment as sacrosanct, our democracy is in very real danger.

You want to hold Trump responsible for the actions of others while ignoring the government’s responsibility for the actions of Twitter. That inconsistency clearly stems from your bias. As Cusp has been saying, if you’re ok with it when it’s in your favor, don’t cry foul when it works against you.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
If Dems sent a a crowd to storm the Capitol to interupt a Constitutionally prescribed procedure carried on in the seat of government in an attempt to change the vote of the electors, I would not hesitate to condemn them.

As I mentioned, I do not condone the FBI‘s interfering with Twitter’s members; however, I do not believe their procedure was unconstitutional.

As much as I hate distracting from the direction this thread has taken, I find it necessary to mention that I feel the wiretapping and investigation by the FBI into the activities of MLK by J. Edgar Hoover significantly more reprehensible than the looking into the Tweeter accounts.

Last edited:

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
No one sent anyone to storm anything. You sound like a broken record.

You must be the only one in all of America that didn't see actual video of the capital police opening the doors and letting protesters in and then guiding them through the place.

I did see many democrats supporting the destruction during the BLM movement though.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I guess you are the only one who didn’t see the video of flag polls and metal stanchions breaking in the doors and windows in order to enter, seeing the noose with the sign and chanting to hang Pence and Pence being guided down the stairs to avoid being attacked. How about the Palosi video of her hiding in a barricaded office pleading to send help And the video showing Pelosi’s office being trashed, not to mention the desks of other Congress people being ransacked. What about the cop distracting the mob to go in the direction away from the Congress people. A few got in peacefully, but the vast majority violently broke in .

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I guess you are the only one who didn’t see the video of flag polls and metal stanchions breaking in the doors and windows in order to enter, seeing the noose with the sign and chanting to hang Pence and Pence being guided down the stairs to avoid being attacked. How about the Palosi video of her hiding in a barricaded office pleading to send help And the video showing Pelosi’s office being trashed, not to mention the desks of other Congress people being ransacked. What about the cop distracting the mob to go in the direction away from the Congress people. A few got in peacefully, but the vast majority violently broke in .
It's safe to say we don't see things quite the same.

Nevertheless, for the discussion 🍻

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
As much as I hate distracting from the direction this thread has taken, I find it necessary to mention that I feel the wiretapping and investigation by the FBI into the activities of MLK by J. Edgar Hoover significantly more reprehensible than the looking into the Tweeter accounts.
Why?

I’m troubled by the FBI investigating people, too, but I’m consistently concerned about this level of intervention and intrusion. Your inconsistency (hypocrisy, perhaps) is in your justification of their actions when the outcome suits you but your “reprehension” for it when it doesn’t.

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Maybe they were listening in on MLK beating the hell out of his wife or it could have been one of his many affairs. Those FBI agents have been known to be perverted after all.

They also may have been checking in on him and his communist connections.

So many things about MLK that never seem to be talked about

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
so it’s ok for the FBI to wiretap private citizens on their private telephones, but not ok to follow private citizens on a public social media? I personally do not condone either.

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
so it’s ok for the FBI to wiretap private citizens on their private telephones, but not ok to follow private citizens on a public social media? I personally do not condone either.
One was an investigation, the other was for media control. What you do or don't condone doesn't matter.

Swaying an election isn't the same as an investigation

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Not an investigation, but rather a fishing expedition.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
For the FBI or any law enforcement agency to wire tap someone they have to get a court order.
Don't need one to monitor social media and "suggest" people get banned or whatever. By the way if I post that covid was all made up on social media and the FBI gets mad at me exactly what law did I break? Is there a law that says if I want to say stupid stuff I go to jail?
Now in all these files did I miss the ones where the FBI went to Twitter and tell them to watch out for posts by ANTIFA, the Proud Boys or some everyday terrorist? I guess I missed those.