Serotonin

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I heard that low levels of serotonin in the brain can cause pe is this true ??

magnusb

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i was on paxil for a year , couldnt even ejaculate. without it i ejaculate in 1 minute.

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
what is paxil and what does it do ??

Johnlocke

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Maybe he means ED?

Most anti depressants cause ED because they lower the sex drive, and from prolonged use(or in your penises case, lack of use), shrink the penis. The lower serotonin will mean your generally more depressed, however it will not make you have ED, and I doubt it would lower your sex drive by much. If you take medicine for your serotonin (and you won't die if you don't take it) try going off of it for a week and try masturbating again. You should feel more sensitive to everything as well as a whole lot more horny and turned on. Worth noting is that when you cum, you get a small boost of serotonin in your brain for a little while - just thought it's interesting - The cost of being more horny is that you feel worse so it's your call. I'm not sure if there are ways to get antidepressants/serotonin without the side effect of lowering your sex drive but if you find anything, tell me!!!

KickstandJohnson

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
If anything, high serotonin levels would cause an increase in size. Low levels usually mean you may have depression. Anti depressants seem to murder boners even though they keep serotonin and dopamine levels at a constant level. If you were thinking about going on an anti depressant for the sake of PE, don't. I wouldn't even advise using them for depression.

Last edited:

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
how can you raise serotonin levels ??

dbljay63

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
5 HTP is an herbal supplement that increases your serotonin it also helps with elevating your moods as well. I take it all the time it is almost like a natural high and works very well. My GF like OMG get in line =-) she loves the stuff too. any health food store even supermarkets carry it as well. Good Luck

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
ok i may try some off them.

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
dbljay63,how many mgs of 5 htp do you take and when do you take it ??

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Are you having issues with depression b?

Crispybacon

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can you buy 5 HTP online? I'm curious to see the prices etc, I've never heard of this before.

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
no im not having issues with depression.

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys, raising your serotonin levels will do nothing if it's still be incorrectly absorbed. I suffer from anxiety disorder and depression so I am on SSRI meds. It's not that my serotonin is LOW, it's that my body is absorbing it incorrectly, hence the S.S. Reuptake Inhibitors.

kinoki

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I personally suffer from anxiety (agoraphobia and emetophobia) and mild depression, so I'm wondering if 5 HTP will help.

I've never heard of 5 HTP before. Is that what it's called on the shelf? or are there brand names for it?

b123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
5 htp is what it is called in the shops,and i not sure if it will help you or not you will just have to give it a try.

bendricks

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Guys, raising your serotonin levels will do nothing if it's still be incorrectly absorbed. I suffer from anxiety disorder and depression so I am on SSRI meds. It's not that my serotonin is LOW, it's that my body is absorbing it incorrectly, hence the S.S. Reuptake Inhibitors.

Vitamin B6 and Niacin help the body convert/absorb 5 htp into Serotonin

kinoki

Banned
Banned
Reaction score