More Pumping Techniques

GTO

Retired Moderator, PEGym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
In this follow up article to Penis Pumping 101 - An Overview, we will cover methods used in a typical pumping session when supplementing a manual routine. It will cover various techniques as well as common “best-practices.” It will also highlight things pumpers should avoid in order to maximize “in-tube” time and effectiveness.

Pumped to Pump!

First and foremost, penis pumping is a girth-targeted exercise. While length increases can be achieved, pumping is designed to make the penis thicker by expanding the inner chambers of the penis. One of the terms or phrases often used is “packing.” It refers to how much the penis makes contact with the inner cylinder wall and how much of the penis completely fills the chamber. As a pumper, a major growth indicator is moving up in cylinder size. This is a pretty big deal; the more the tube is packed and the faster it takes to reach that level, it is a signal that a) your routine works, and b) increases are becoming permanent. By using the proper techniques, and with a good manual routine as a base, real size gains can be realized.

It’s All in the Technique

Along with the standard stretching and jelqing exercises, penis pumping can lead to sizeable gains. But there’s more to it than just placing your penis into a tube and squeezing a handle; there are several techniques you can use during your session to help get maximum expansion:

Milking the Tube: Milking is one of the most common, and arguably the most effective technique. It aids in maintaining good circulation and exercises the inner chambers of the penis. The motion is similar to masturbation; the cylinder is moved up and down the shaft. It is recommended that milking be done only after the penis has become acclimated to the pressure during your session, typically after 5-7 minutes. Milking should not be done forcefully, but at a smooth, slow to moderate pace. Milking is typically done in short sets. Additionally, milking too hard or too long can cause increased edema (the donut effect) since pressure levels spike as the cylinder is shifted up and down.

Pulse Pumping: Varying the pressure from time to time also helps stimulate the penile tissues to expand. Pulsing is done by alternating pressure levels throughout the session. For example, a max pressure level for a session may be 5 in.Hg. After one minute at this level, decrease the pressure slowly over 30 seconds to zero pressure, then quickly pump back to max level, then repeat. This practice is highly effective, and like milking, promotes enhanced circulation and exercising of the inner chambers.

Shakes: The best results from pumping are obtained when the penis is erect in the tube. The longer a session goes and the longer you are in the tube, the more difficult it is to maintain an adequate erection level. Shakes are used to help maintain the erection by stimulating nerve endings and coaxing blood flow. To do this, shake the cylinder up and down by hand or with a rocking motion with the hips. This should not be done too hard, but forceful enough that the erection level increases. Vary the intensity and the range of motion in order to give the base a good stretch.

Wrapping: Heat is an excellent way of stimulating blood flow, a staple in any penis enlargement regimen. Wrapping is a simple technique that involves wrapping the cylinder with a heating device (such as an electric heating pad) during the pumping session. Be very careful that the wrap is not left on too long as blisters and more serious burn damage can occur. The cylinder can become very hot very quickly.

Pitfall Harry

“Pumping longer and at higher levels should increase my size faster!” It is a common misconception and also a very dangerous one. There is a plethora of anecdotal evidence all over the Internet detailing the mishaps and injuries (many of them severe) due to overzealous pumping. Penis pumping is a very effective enlargement process and is very safe when administered correctly. There is a saying: “The penis should not be FORCED to grow; it should be gently urged to WANT to grow.” The slow, methodical nature of proper pumping urges the penis to grow much faster and more effectively than forceful methods. Here are a couple of tips and some pitfalls to be mindful of in order to avoid injury:

- Avoid over-pumping. It is the easiest to avoid, yet the most commonly seen injury. The act of pumping itself, with the pressures of the vacuum on the penis, is very comfortable, sensual, and for some, erotic. It is very easy to get lost in the experience and lose track of time while in the tube so caution must be exercised in order to stay within a set “window of effectiveness.” Many advanced pumpers will often go on pumping “marathons,” pumping for up to 5 hours at a time. This is an extreme practice and one that is not recommended where safety and erection quality is a concern.

- Take frequent breaks. Breaks should be taken often to help stimulate bloodflow and to release the pressures built up in the penile tissues. As a general rule, a 3-5 minute break every 15 minutes should be used (if pumping at very low levels, in-tube time between breaks can go up to 30 minutes). During the break, jelqing, stretching and massaging are encouraged. Novice pumpers should limit pumping sessions to a max of 30 minutes, not to exceed 2 sessions a day. Intermediate users should maintain sessions of no more than 1 to 1.5 hours, while optimal levels for advanced users are typically in the 2 to 3 hour range over several sessions.

Conclusion

We’ve covered various techniques used during a penis pumping session and some tips to avoid injury. There are other techniques and we will look at those in subsequent articles. In the next segment, we will look at the two-stage cylinder and the effectiveness of ball pumping.

Dano

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
After reading your terrific post, I understand completely that pumping is for girth. I want to add some significant girth to my unit, but need the length. It's my understanding that length should come first, then girth? If I concentrate on length, at what stage would I start to concentrat on girth. I already do slammers, which I believe is a girth exercise? Another concern is, I don't want to sacrifise a gain in length by starting too early on girth exercises.

I understand that there are two different types of pumps. Due to privacy issues a bathmate is out of question. So, that leaves me with an air pump. Any reccomendations for a good air pump would be appreciated. Thanks! Dano

Banana Bender

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Excellent article (or post, whatever it is). Thanks for that. I'll be trying some of those things next session.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
outstanding information GTO, easy to follow and understand. Been waiting to see your next article and it came without dissapointment.
Now hopefully this will answer some of the many recent questions some of the beginning pumpers have been asking, graet stuff!

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
had to rate this 5 stars.

GTO

Reaction score
outstanding information GTO, easy to follow and understand. Been waiting to see your next article and it came without dissapointment.
Now hopefully this will answer some of the many recent questions some of the beginning pumpers have been asking, graet stuff!

That's exactly why I wanted to get this out - seems like a lot of questions were popping up lately about all this stuff. Now it can be addressed in a single thread.

And thanks for the 5-star salute :becky:

Boitim2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Dont know if I agree its totally for girth, I just watch mine grown at the vac goes up. I just wish I went with the 1.75" tube instead of the 2" my normal girth is 6" when hard and i have lots of room and it sucks my sack up for a little bit.

GTO

Reaction score
Dont know if I agree its totally for girth, I just watch mine grown at the vac goes up. I just wish I went with the 1.75" tube instead of the 2" my normal girth is 6" when hard and i have lots of room and it sucks my sack up for a little bit.

Jelq before you pump - that helps. Also, try to go really light on the lube were the scrotal sack connects to the shaft. This will help prevent that 'suckage.'

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I will have to try that as well, would wearing a cock ring help at all, i will try it if it is ok but I have always been a little leary of wearing one while pumping

GTO

Reaction score
Did that once and I couldn't last 5 minutes. Felt very awkward from the pressure ... haven't othered to try again. I wear a silicone one sometimes after a pump session to help maximize the pump.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I will have to try that as well, would wearing a cock ring help at all, i will try it if it is ok but I have always been a little leary of wearing one while pumping
I used to wear a cock ring in the cylinder because I have ED and I wanted to maintain the "artificial" erection for as long as possible. I subsequently learned that if I applied constriction (I put it around my whole unit) after coming out of the tube) and then start kegeling, I can build up to the engorgement level again within 5 minutes and there is less discomfort. I still occasionally place a silicone ribbed cock ring under my glans which generates a slightly larger head. However, my head is smaller than my shaft so the corona does not compress against the cylinder wall.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I doubt a 1.75" tube will be any good for you. My girth is less than 5.2 inches when pumped and I am packing 3/4 of the tube. Try checking out the oval wide mouth 1.75 at LAPump (1.75" and 2" diameters) or Vacutech 1.75" oval (1.75" and 2.25" diameters). The LAPump wide mouth is slightly smaller than the 2" round. Not sure about Vacutech. There is a thread on here somewhere that provides more details on the oval sizing.

The Kidd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hello everybody! its been a while! im very interested GTO. i am interested because i was wondering if it were possible to use the penis pump as a form of artificial erections, much like Chem-pe, to induce growth? i only ask because it doesn't always respond how i like lol. I'm in between girlfriends at the moment and i have noticed a slight loss in size. Any thoughts on my question would be greatly appreciated!

Islandboy916

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Very cool post GTO, i have added dry pumping into my workouts and want to add a little something to help minimize the donut effect. I use the vacu-tech elliptical tubes and have been wearing a cock ring that goes by the name at my local toy store "cock cage" its a rubber material thats about an inch in width and i wear just under my glans. As that seems to be an area on me that gets the donut effect first. I have trimed it down to follow my glan shape a little better. And has reduced my donut effect and allowed me to pack my tube. Also i do some longer sessions at low vacuum with jelqing breaks and very little donut effect in the morning.

GTO

Reaction score
hello everybody! its been a while! im very interested GTO. i am interested because i was wondering if it were possible to use the penis pump as a form of artificial erections, much like Chem-pe, to induce growth? i only ask because it doesn't always respond how i like lol. I'm in between girlfriends at the moment and i have noticed a slight loss in size. Any thoughts on my question would be greatly appreciated!

Pumping has been conducted for medicinal purposes for years to assist guys in getting erections (hell, you can even get a pump thru Medicaid if you have doctor diagnosed ED). After you've pumped up, a cock ring is placed at the base and there you have it. There is really no difference in doing it for an erection or doing it for size - the only significant difference is time.

GTO

Reaction score
Very cool post GTO, i have added dry pumping into my workouts and want to add a little something to help minimize the donut effect. I use the vacu-tech elliptical tubes and have been wearing a cock ring that goes by the name at my local toy store "cock cage" its a rubber material thats about an inch in width and i wear just under my glans. As that seems to be an area on me that gets the donut effect first. I have trimed it down to follow my glan shape a little better. And has reduced my donut effect and allowed me to pack my tube. Also i do some longer sessions at low vacuum with jelqing breaks and very little donut effect in the morning.

You may want to look at conducting some constrictive pumping - pumping with some sort of constrictive aide like a clamp, string or rubber band at the base during pumping. But .... BE VERY CAREFUL as this technique is very, VERY hard on the penis since you are essentially pumping already maxed veins and arteries (this is NOT something I'd advise beginners to try).

I have been doing this over the last week and I can pump for up to 1.5 hours with absolutely no edema at all and it keeps my cock thick and heavy for hours after pumping. Be sure to take frequent breaks and relax the tension on the string ir clamp to let in fresh oxygenated blood.

MrBigDick

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I'm curious GTO, what's the max hg pressue you pump at? I haven't pumped in years but still have my pump with the gauge on it and may get it back out and make it part of my arsenal.

GTO

Reaction score
I'm curious GTO, what's the max hg pressue you pump at? I haven't pumped in years but still have my pump with the gauge on it and may get it back out and make it part of my arsenal.

My absolute max has been 10Hg, but it's been a long time since I've moved the needle up that high. I try to stay between 3-5Hg. With the constrictive pumping I've been doing, I've found I can go higher with no negative side-effects. Then again, I'm very well conditioned so I'm quite use to the pressure at that level.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have been pumping for about 30 months and have gained about 1/2 inch in girth. However, I seem to have plateaued over the past six months and have gained very little. I also use an extender for 3 - 4 hours a day and have gained close to 3/4 inch in length and seem to be still gaining in this area. I was wondering if it is possible that the extender is off-setting the effects of the pumping. I generally pump for twenty minutes at 4 - 5 hg most every day.

Last edited:

Cornholeo

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi all, I have had a pump for quite some time and was using it regularly when the soft silicone seal just disintegrated (I suspect the lube I was using was wrong for the unit). I don't have the name of the device as I threw out the box it came in and the manufacturer decided not to advertise on the unit itself. I am hoping to find a replacement for the seal only as money is tight. Does anyone know of a good place to get a nice comfortable universal replacement seal?