Bathmate Hydroxtreme - handpump baffling me!

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi people,

Got a question for any Hydroxtreme users who use the hose/handpump.

Have recently returned to bathmate usage and just this week upgraded to the Xtreme. I find it is capable of delivering higher pressure than the hydromax even without using it's handpump or hose+handpump, but I have tried them both out and I just cannot figure out the hose+handpump setup! How does it work?

My confusion is that if you try to attach the hose when the device is on and you have pumped it a few times, it seems almost impossible to do without pressing down too much and activating the pressure release. BUT having it attached right from the start, it attaches over the black pip... so how can you flick the black pip from shut to central/open without removing the hose?!

Thanks for any suggestions feel like I'm missing something really obvious... the instructions don't seem to make it clear either

Vidar793

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi people,

Have recently returned to bathmate usage and just this week upgraded to the Xtreme. I find it is capable of delivering higher pressure than the hydromax even without using it's handpump or hose+handpump, but I have tried them both out and I just cannot figure out the hose+handpump setup! How does it work?

My confusion is that if you try to attach the hose when the device is on and you have pumped it a few times, it seems almost impossible to do without pressing down too much and activating the pressure release. BUT having it attached right from the start, it attaches over the black pip... so how can you flick the black pip from shut to central/open without removing the hose?!

Thanks for any suggestions feel like I'm missing something really obvious... the instructions don't seem to make it clear either
You don't need to press it down. If you just kind of set it in there, the pump will work without barely pressing down at all. Took me a week to figure that out haha

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks guys the video makes sense with what I had sort of figured.... I have been getting the handpump to work (and probably could have the hose work similarly) by making sure I have the thing turned to lock and when applying the handpump turn it slightly the lock direction.... I think when I was applying it before it was turning slightly in the unlock direction and was enough to break the seal. With a slight lock direction turn it seems to go on fine. The video makes sense as well for how the hose/pump is meant to be used and then taken off. I hadn't realised it was like that. Thanks guys

Reactions: Walter BP Rep

t-rexman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You need to rotate the valve to the left to close it. This will prevent you from releasing the pressure/vaccum when attaching the hand ball pump.

t-rexman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi people,

I have a modification you can do that will enable you higher vaccum and more control.

You put a tube over the valve and then you use a VacuVin (whine saver) pump in order to increase the vaccum inside the pump. More control and higher intensity.

I have this implemented on both the HydroExtreme 7 Wide Boy and HydroExtreme 11. The reason I got the 11 was because I needed the girth, it's actually to long for me.