answer to the famouse question... how do I get bigger

shane_syndrome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
here is something that im really pushing recently .... its doing a hard core dirty bulk and cutting off the fat later most people my height have dificulty passing 150 unless they have a slow metabolism and im a solid 170 right now (at 5 ft 7) .

honestly guys winters almost here (its hard to show your abs off at the beach when theirs snow lol) so pick up the fork and pack on some muscle and dont worry about your abs until about April and then do everything possible to keep the muscle you gained and take off the fat.

something supporting what i just said:

Bodybuilding.com - Extreme Eating For Mass! - Todd Blue

p.s
I wouldn't do this if you work out just for health benefits but if your goals are to look good next summer then you might wanna think about it :)

oh and every pound of muscle you put on you burn an extra 60 calories or so , so when its time to cut it will come off faster then it would now

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Lots of( now )fat guys tried this.
I activily avoid anything from bodybuilding.

Nacho

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Bro-logic is an awesome thing. Please don't take this as an insult but you're getting your information from the wrong places.

Pro bodybuilders are all on massive amounts of steroids besides being genetically gifted so attempting to do anything they do is going to lead to failure.

Having said that if you want to gain muscle it is true you have to eat more than your body needs (unless you are an overweight novice) but there is no reason to go crazy.

Last point ... a pound of muscle does NOT burn 60 calories a day the real number is around six.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading bodybuilder.com, T-nation, or any other site like them. Google 'Lyle McDonald' and start reading. His information is 100% based on science and he doesn't have any suppliments to sell.

SouthernJoe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nothing gets a person stronger and build a more powerfull look than squats, deadlifts, bench press, standing press, powercleans, pullups, and dips and drinking your milk, eating things you should be eating like eggs, steak, fruits and veggies, etc done for 5 sets of 5 heavy. It's hard work but thats what men do. work hard. People ask me in the gym all the time how I train and I tell them the same thing and what do they do? they stick to their curls and tricep extensions and remain weak.

Nacho

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
How much metal are you moving S Joe?

My goal is a 300lb bench, 400lb squat and a 500lb dead lift.

Currently I am extremely far away from my goals. :)

SouthernJoe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have a bad shoulder so I can only bench 225 for a few but the overhead press I've always managed to keep it in the 170 range. Squats numbers usually hang around 350 and deads 420. Course this is recent as i've been doing a lot of conditioning lately. Im 5'5'' 160.

It takes a good amount of time to get those numbers but consistent progress is what important and sticking with it.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
That's a great strength to weight ratio SJ.

shane_syndrome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How much metal are you moving S Joe?

My goal is a 300lb bench, 400lb squat and a 500lb dead lift.

Currently I am extremely far away from my goals. :)

lol my bench is higher then my squat but i never really worked out legs until recently.

im benching 315 but my squat is 245

JohnSmith011

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Actually I do agree with shane half way. I have been working out consistantly for about 4.5 years up until recently that is anyway. When I was I started working out consistantly I was about 150 pounds when I was 14. By the time I was 17 I was 210 lbs at about 9.5% body fat. I gained about 40-45 pounds of muscle in only 3 years but I had a lot of things going for me since it was from the time i was 14 to 17. But that's not to say that my eating habits had nothing to do with this gain. Of course my testoerone increased drastically during this period but I also far out ate my body weight in grams of protein per day for a very long time. I believe this had a lot to do with my size increase. Also when I finally decided it was time to trim down it was NOT easy. It took only 1 month to loose 15 pounds but I made a mistake and I lost quiet a bit of muscle too.

But anyway my point here is that yes you can bulk up and gain a large amount of muscle but when you cut back down you most likely will not keep that bulky size unless you are a mesomorph which is what body builders are. Their body naturally keeps growing muscle for their enitre lives pretty much and with the added steroid use they are monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

PESG

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Oh John John John....:rolleyes: I love reading what you write, but you REALLY need to start taking your time.

BigJohn556

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Bodybuilding.com has some good information, you just need to filter the good from the bad. Most gym goers will not be able to process all the food they eat, especially carbs. We have linemen at Wisconsin that are only eating 5000 calories @ 300lbs while some linebackers are eating 8000 calories to maintain 240lbs. Everybody reacts to macronutrients differently and you need to experiment to see what works best for you.