Steel Cord?

Sam R

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Posted in my progress log (or lack of progress I should say!) about being stuck for a while now. Have heard about “steel cord” but not clear on what it is. I have a very hard “string” line along the top of my shaft…is that the same? I thought just regular ligaments but feels more pronounced lately. Or is that a good indication of work being done?
Like mentioned earlier, currently stuck with no growth or change for months now. Does that mean time for a long break from PE? Was really wanting to pass the 7-1/2” mark but just 1/8” shy!

Solution
Posted in my progress log (or lack of progress I should say!) about being stuck for a while now. Have heard about “steel cord” but not clear on what it is. I have a very hard “string” line along the top of my shaft…is that the same?

Yes. What you're feeling is the septum of the corpora cavernosa along the dorsal or top side of the penis. It is a normal healthy structure that all men have. Guys become more familiar with the details of their anatomy when they start PE, so they sometimes think it's something new or something unusual about their penises. When they don't gain or when they stop gaining they look for anatomical explanations, and so unfortunately somebody started calling it a "steel cord" that was a hindrance to...

mistergeorge

Super Moderator, Member of the Month June 2021
Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score
Posted in my progress log (or lack of progress I should say!) about being stuck for a while now. Have heard about “steel cord” but not clear on what it is. I have a very hard “string” line along the top of my shaft…is that the same?

Yes. What you're feeling is the septum of the corpora cavernosa along the dorsal or top side of the penis. It is a normal healthy structure that all men have. Guys become more familiar with the details of their anatomy when they start PE, so they sometimes think it's something new or something unusual about their penises. When they don't gain or when they stop gaining they look for anatomical explanations, and so unfortunately somebody started calling it a "steel cord" that was a hindrance to gaining, but this is totally false reasoning. It is not steel. It is not a cord. It is not a penile anomaly or flaw. In fact, it's the very structure that makes a functioning and structurally sound penis possible.

I've seen guys curse their penises over the dreaded steel cord and frankly it's just out of ignorance and usually a little neurotic.

So please don't worry about it. Don't get caught up in the "steel cord" hype that infected these forums long ago. Some of those old posts should be deleted in my humble opinion because they still mislead new members. So thanks for asking about this because it's an opportunity to put it straight.

I thought just regular ligaments but feels more pronounced lately. Or is that a good indication of work being done?

It's probably not an indication of anything in particular.

Like mentioned earlier, currently stuck with no growth or change for months now. Does that mean time for a long break from PE? Was really wanting to pass the 7-1/2” mark but just 1/8” shy!

I've been there. I've tried lots of things including long breaks, but I haven't been able to gain length again since 2019. I believe we all have a unique potential for gains. I have probably gained my personal limit. You might be there too. You can only experiment with a long break. Or perhaps new devices and techniques.

Solution

FNF Man

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Is it a basically agreed apon concept regarding FSL being the max growth potential? So if you can stretch our flaccid to 7.5” but you’re only 7” erect it indicates more potential? Or is that still debatable? Could be a good rebuttal to the “steel cord” card and give guys some motivation to keep going

mistergeorge

Super Moderator, Member of the Month June 2021
Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it a basically agreed apon concept regarding FSL being the max growth potential? So if you can stretch our flaccid to 7.5” but you’re only 7” erect it indicates more potential? Or is that still debatable? Could be a good rebuttal to the “steel cord” card and give guys some motivation to keep going

I think interpretations of stretched flaccid measurements remain controversial. I think the important thing with the septum thing is to realize that it's totally normal. It's not the barrier to gains.

Reactions: FNF Man

t-rexman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You can get to any size you desire.

My flaccid is relatively short for a 8+ BPEL penis. Some are growers some are showers and some are both. But with PE you will become more of a shower even at flaccid and semi-erected state.