Report Site Problems Here!!!

Pirate

Retired Administrator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Ahoy!
As some of you have noticed, we have been experiencing some technical difficulties and while we have an exceptionally brilliant team of techno-wizards on call 365 hours per day, sometimes communication breaks down.
Therefore, being the action oriented Master of All Situations, that I am, I am starting this thread for the sole purpose of being THE PLACE to report technical issues with the site that you notice. If the situation is urgent, go ahead and make your post and then use the "Report Post" feature to draw the attention of all Mods and Admins.
Another option is that you can PM me with the issue.
Please don't start a new thread for every issue any more!
Thankee!
YARRR!
-Pirate

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Pirate. This is a great idea. But in order to keep it fresh and accessible it will have to be bumped often. Even though it is a "Sticky" it drops out with every new post. (JP

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks, Pirate!

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
504 server errors showing in the browser, database errors showing when posting with quick reply, and the website is loading slow as hell. Same stuff as always.

Edit: Posting this gave the "Database error: Please try again" message, but the post actually did go through.

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...and just tried editing my post again for a new issue, but no luck.

Just got multiple 502, bad gateway error. nginx

And another connection timed out error. The connection has timed out
The server at Penis Gym - Get the Penis YOU WANT is taking too long to respond.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
same as Dems issues yesterday for me.

control

Technical Admin, PEGym Hero
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
The database issues are being caused because our OS is only 32 bit and not allocating enough memory to the MySQL database. We will be upgrading the OS in the next few days.

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That should probably fix a lot of the issues that's been going on. It's mostly been database and loading errors, at least from what I've seen.

Batwoman

Moderator Reserve, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
If any of you find threads where you cannot see the last page for some reason, please post that here, and provide a link to the thread. Thanks.

control

Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
I have installed a caching plugin to improve site performance let me know if you see any issues. I am working hard to get to the bottom of all of this.

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes, now it works! Not sure why, hehe.

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have installed a caching plugin to improve site performance let me know if you see any issues. I am working hard to get to the bottom of all of this.

By now I'd normally be running into a bunch of time out errors and such, but the site has been running faster than ever now. Even faster than it used to run in the early morning hours when hardly anyone was on.

I think the OS upgrade and plugin did the trick. If you don't mind me asking, is the site on a Linux or Windows server? If it's a Linux server I could see if I can get my old caching script that used to work damn well on a server with an underpowered server running 50,000 connections at once sometimes.

control

Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
By now I'd normally be running into a bunch of time out errors and such, but the site has been running faster than ever now. Even faster than it used to run in the early morning hours when hardly anyone was on.

I think the OS upgrade and plugin did the trick. If you don't mind me asking, is the site on a Linux or Windows server? If it's a Linux server I could see if I can get my old caching script that used to work damn well on a server with an underpowered server running 50,000 connections at once sometimes.

The Server is on linux. Its strange though the server should be able to handle the connections as we get no where near 50,000 at once but I am not sure why it can't. I have not upgraded the OS yet. I will be doing that either over the weekend or on monday.

control

Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Server is on linux. Its strange though the server should be able to handle the connections as we get no where near 50,000 at once but I am not sure why it can't. I have not upgraded the OS yet. I will be doing that either over the weekend or on monday.
I'm willing to bet it's an issue with the amount of physical ram in the server. Probably is not enough inactive ram for the system to dump or swap to the HDD, so some active ram is being swapped over to the HDD which leads to the super slow response times and usually time out errors. Could explain why some people have no issues at the same time others have the issue, with people accessing different parts of the website which are on either the physical ram or virtual which would be slower. Could also be that the system isn't dumping inactive cached memory quick enough, which would make sense with the caching plugin seeming to speed things up a lot.

Padawan787

Moderator Reserve, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it's an issue with the amount of physical ram in the server. Probably is not enough inactive ram for the system to dump or swap to the HDD, so some active ram is being swapped over to the HDD which leads to the super slow response times and usually time out errors. Could explain why some people have no issues at the same time others have the issue, with people accessing different parts of the website which are on either the physical ram or virtual which would be slower. Could also be that the system isn't dumping inactive cached memory quick enough, which would make sense with the caching plugin seeming to speed things up a lot.

Regardless of the physical RAM installed, the 32bit OS means that only 4GB can be allocated, right? So your swapdisk scenario would be quite plausible, and would explain the slow-downs as it is highly unlikely that our server is running SSD or SAS drives lol

Control, things have been fine for me today, i've had no problems since you installed to plug-in :)

DemOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of the physical RAM installed, the 32bit OS means that only 4GB can be allocated, right? So your swapdisk scenario would be quite plausible, and would explain the slow-downs as it is highly unlikely that our server is running SSD or SAS drives lol

Control, things have been fine for me today, i've had no problems since you installed to plug-in :)

Indeed, but not knowing the specs, the server may only have 2GB. Doubtful, but just throwing a theory out there.