Pelvic floor, reproduction issues causing anxiety...please help.

39canada

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
So happy I found this page and really hoping some members can help me out.

I'm a 39yr old healthy male with no medical issues besides some anxiety, which I've had for about 15 years.

I've never had issues with ED, PE or the sort but over the past 2 months I've had some worrisome symptoms.
First started with an occasional "itchy" feeling inside the shaft of my penis that would only last a second or two and then go away. Only happened maybe once a day and hardly noticeable.

I've had the same (female) sex partner for 9 months and we're both very forthright with each other.

About 6 weeks ago, we had sex and she had a foul odor (not normal for her). The next day or day after I had tenderness at the tip of my penis, more itching and then just a tiny bit of clear discharge. I was worried it was an STD but turned out she had vaginosis (had had it before, it's known to reoccur). I had all the STD tests and they came back negative (and a male can't get vaginosis).

Around the same time, I had some itching around my rectum and was doing a lot of heavy lifting. I recall lifting something heavy and felt a twinge of pain in my rectum, and the pain comes and goes ever since then.

Also around the same time we last had sex (same time burning etc started), I had more of the rectal pain (mild) and more tension in my lower abdomen and even an "itchy" sensation between my thigh and scrotum.
I also noticed that I was very sensitive when having sex and thought it was just because it had been a week or more...but as time has gone on, I've noticed it's more like premature ejaculation. I can also get aroused very easily with or without an erection and come very fast.
Also, again around the same time, I noticed ejaculate had those clear/yellowish clumps in it and less white semen. The pain in my pelvic floor seemed to get worse and radiate down my thighs, lower back, hips, etc.

I lost my sex drive right after that last encounter, have hardly masturbated at all and my anxiety has worsened.
I thought I'd try to relax and masturbate the other day (had recently read about retrograde ejaculation). It didn't take long and there wasn't much semen and more clumping. I immediately went to urinate an those clumps of hard semen came out in my urine. Freaked me right out even though I know it's harmless.

I decided to visit my chiropractor and massage therapist and yep, all the muscles connected to my pelvic floor are tight. RMT massaged inside of my thigh and it hurt like hell and she did my piriformis, glutes, etc and they were also very tight.

I last saw my GP 2 weeks ago and she was checking for STD's and TRIED to do a prostate exam but it hurt too much and she couldn't get inside and suggested that maybe I was too tense. I felt very relaxed though. Wondering if maybe I was unconsciously tightening up. She also said she thought I may have a few symptoms of Prostatitis....but I only have urinary issues (frequency, sudden urge) when I'm anxious or stressed. My stream appears to be strong and I can stop it mid-stream if I want to. I dribble a few drops afterwards but I've done that my whole life.

We haven't discussed pelvic floor issues yet, only STD's. I'm not sure what the outcome will be but hoping you guys who have experienced these symptoms before can shed some light.

I can be sure she'll want to send me to a urologist, etc. but I know that very often the diagnosis comes back as non-bacterial prostatitis, which can be many things they can't explain. PS...I seem to have a lot of symptoms of yeast overgrowth and maybe a zinc deficiency.

Please share your stories and insight to help put my mind at ease and arm me with info to take to my GP as many are unaware of these issues.

Thanks so much.

longerlastingnoob

Senior Member, Member of the Month Jan 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hello 39canada, I haven't experienced that so I can't say. The tightness in the pelvic floor can definitely contibute to prem e, ejaculation problems, and anxiety exacerbates it which seems clear from your post.

Just try not to stress over it, I know it's not easy to do that but it may help a lot with the tension and allow you recover. Sorry i can't help more, you could try doing a few kegels and reverse kegels ( just a small amount ) and see how it affects you and let us know.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I suggest a physio who does work in the pelvic floor for this one .
The pelvic floor is a stabiliser during heavy lifting and can get spasm or injury . This would account for the symptoms.

KMWylie

TheBiohacker Hero
Reaction score
Welcome to PEGym, 39canada!

My first thought was some sort of infection. Men DO get yeast infections -- and can get them from their partner.

Definitely go see a urologist. Don't wait. If it's something more serious, waiting could lead to permanent damage.