What's for dinner tonight?

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Tonight corned beef slow cooked in apple cider and brown sugar, potatoes carrots and onions. A separate pot will contain cabbage with kielbasa and onions, carots and bacon. God I hate cabbage!

TheZZMan

Moderator, Member of the Month Sept 2018, PEGym H
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Italian Sausage Bolognese over bow tie pasta. Took forever to prep the ingredients, but now is on the stove for a long slow cook.

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Laundry list of ingredients - Tuscan Chicken with sundried tomatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes, cream, garlic, white vermouth,, onion, fresh spinach, fresh thyme, rosemary and parsley, smoked paprika and regular paprika, artichokes and capers. Top that Bio-hackers. All served over a bed of rice. Life is good when you know how to cook..:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Breaded Chicken Strips and Tater Tots - about as redneck as you can for get dinner, but just hits the spot from time to time.

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
My famous Chili recipe. The wife has a "Chili Cook Off" competition at work and asked me if I could make my chili for her. So, 7 pounds of meat later and some magic spices and chopped tomatoes and I leave the competition in the dust. It currently is simmering on the stove. There is no broth or water in it, I use beer for the liquid and lots of wine in de-glazing the pan after an initial fry of the meat. Its more of an Italian Stew with Chili spices, but has been a hit at every party we have ever attended where you were asked to bring a dish to pass.

One time years ago, we had a Fall Festival at our community center and we invite the local fire department to join us. We let the kids get to climb into a fire truck and meet and greet with real fire fighters. Afterwords, we have them join us for the pot luck dinner. Two fire fighters were trying my chili and I overheard there comments. I was pleased. The next day, my neighbor, a 90 year old gal had a fall and couldn't get up. We called the fire department and I was there when they showed up. They took care of my neighbor and after we were chatting. I said, "I saw you at the Fall Festival, thank you for liking my Chili". He said, "Dude, I went back for 3rd's it was that good".

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
It's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup night. Bought a whole bird, sectioned it off into pieces and then cooked it for several hours. Picked the meat off and will add spring onions and mustard greens to top it off. Just the thing on a cold evening after a long days work. Served with egg noodles and maybe a sprinkle of Parmesan.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Make sure when you make soup to add a bay leaf or two while making it.
Now have your chicken soup and enjoy and when you're done if you're Catholic you're going to hell because you can't eat meat on Friday during lent!!!!!:mad:

TheZZWoman

Senior Member, Member of the Month Jan 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
Make sure when you make soup to add a bay leaf or two while making it.
Now have your chicken soup and enjoy and when you're done if you're Catholic you're going to hell because you can't eat meat on Friday during lent!!!!!:mad:

Ah, So your saying if you are Catholic and eat meat you go to hell - what about the people that are not Catholic and eat meat will they go to hell? Or better yet, if your not Catholic and don't eat meat are you guaranteed heaven? Or do you believe only Catholics go to heaven? I think the real question you need to ask yourself is the "rule" or "sacrifice" an Earthly or Divine one. Why was it instilled within our religion and is it still relevant today.

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good God, you have stirred the pudding. Heaven help us...

Reactions: CUSP82

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Ah, So your saying if you are Catholic and eat meat you go to hell - what about the people that are not Catholic and eat meat will they go to hell? Or better yet, if your not Catholic and don't eat meat are you guaranteed heaven? Or do you believe only Catholics go to heaven? I think the real question you need to ask yourself is the "rule" or "sacrifice" an Earthly or Divine one. Why was it instilled within our religion and is it still relevant today.

Well my dear if you make soup without adding a couple bay leaves yes indeed hell awaits you. Now if you did consume meat yesterday there is a good chance you won't make the cut into heaven. Hey I don't make the rules but I do enforce them. I will study your case and situation and maybe I'll make some recommendations to the Big Guy ( no I don't mean Biden) but I can't promise you much. I'll let you know when THEY tell me!:angel:

TheZZWoman

Senior Member, Member of the Month Jan 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well my dear if you make soup without adding a couple bay leaves yes indeed hell awaits you. Now if you did consume meat yesterday there is a good chance you won't make the cut into heaven. Hey I don't make the rules but I do enforce them. I will study your case and situation and maybe I'll make some recommendations to the Big Guy ( no I don't mean Biden) but I can't promise you much. I'll let you know when THEY tell me!:angel:

For the record, 4 bay leaves where dispensed in the soup and I guess I'll have to take my chances on the other front as I thoroughly enjoyed a huge bowl and feel no guilt in doing so!

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Funny about bay leaves; no one knows why bay leaves make soup taste better but it does. They have studied it but can't figure out why but it taste tests people prefer the soup cooked with the bay leaves.
Now as for your eternal soul I think you being here and helping us lost boys out gives you dispensation for eating meat on Fridays. If something changes I'll let you know. Hey did you ever make cheddar corn chowder?

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I'm going to add some extra boiled (then cooled) water with Sea Salt added, to the fermentation jug, to help in covering over the cabbage shredding's. Don't want them exposed to air. Yes, making my own Sauerkraut. (no Bay leaves, yet).

Soon to be marketed, pre-charged (disposable) Whoopee Cushions. I ought'ta make a million!

BigRooster

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2018, PEG
Reaction score
The ALMIGHTY is not concerned with what we eat. He is more concerned with the condition of our souls.

Friday I had fried chicken and Saturday ribeye steak.

Reactions: Dangler

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
The ALMIGHTY is not concerned with what we eat. He is more concerned with the condition of our souls.

Friday I had fried chicken and Saturday ribeye steak.

Why does the Almighty care about me feet?

TheZZMan

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Homemade French Onion Soup with Crispy croutons served in a stoneware crock, Swiss and Provolone Cheese covering and baked in the oven. Cheese oozing down the sides of the crock - YUMMY!

PS - Yes, Bay Leaves will be used along with Fresh Thyme, Fresh Parsley and Whole Peppercorns wrapped in a wire strainer and floated in the soup while it cooks. There may or may not be a little Sherry added to the soup prior to serving.

Reactions: CUSP82

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
My wife when we were first married wanted to make me French onion soup because I like it. Now she figured that to make chicken soup you put a chicken in a pot of water and cook it therefore to make onion soup all you had to do was cut up a bunch of onions and throw them in a pot with water and cook. You know how that turned out.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
My recipe for French onion soup involved three sliced onions sautéed until slightly brown, then add two table spoons of flower until golden brown. Add can of consume and heat for 15 minutes. Remove to separate oven proof bowls and cover with thin slices of Italian bread, cover with grated Swiss cheese and place under oven broiler for about 10. Minutes until cheese turns slightly brown and serve.

BigRooster

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2018, PEG
Reaction score
Why does the Almighty care about me feet?

He loves you and desires the eternal best for you. Your rancid foot odor does not bother Him. All the reason to love you more.

I think I may have knocked this thread a little off course.

My dinner tonight was a marketplace supreme pizza from wally world. I ate it at 11:00am. It was a one meal kind of day. Still stayed in a calorie deficit.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I do not believe the Almighty gives a crap about me. He is more concerned about those who believe He cares about them.