Weed and gains?

pe_hope it works

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey first of all i wanted to say sorry for posting in the "introduce yourself" form. ( i don't know how to post in any other kind of form, but this one)

I smoke bud a lot, will that effect my gains?

I don't smoke cigarettes, only weed.
anyone please.

thanks.

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Um...I was reading man, but then I forgot what you were saying man.

You are fucking with your mind during your most formative years. STOP. Believe me. Pot saps your ambition and will see you wind up as a burnout.

pe_ZEN

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
No study has ever found Marijuana to be harmful in any way. Just political scare tactics. The only risk is forgetting where you are going or what you were just doing.

I personally smoke weed all the time. I also have noticed PE gains. Whether I could have gained 'more' if I had not been smoking? who knows...

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
I don't think it will slow down your gains. It just may slow down your PERCEPTION of your gains. :D Pot is not good for your lungs and circulation, for sure. Better to do without it. Try to work out some kind of routine where you relax without the weed.

pe_hope it works

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ahaa JonPop, i think weed is good for all purposes..

pe Zen, way to go with the bud chocking! ha.

i think if you drink,smoke ciggs, and smoke bud then your chances of gaining more would be less.

But if you don't smoke or drink then your gains will grow at there highest potential.
But then again everyone is different.

& i will work out some kind of routine to have my "weed time". Or just stop.

Thanks PE friends.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Thought weed tended to lower test?

Radiohead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I hope this doesnt turn into a marijuana debate :p

When you smoke, tar accumulates in your lungs and makes them less efficient. Tar also goes into your heart, arteries, blood vessels, veins and capillaries.

This means that small amounts of tar WILL build up inside of your penis. That is part of the reason why long term older aged smokers cant get their dicks hard.

I dont know how old you are, but eventually you will want to quit smoking pot. I've smoked pot on a daily basis for 2 years, from age 15 to 17. Yes, it does feel great, you are more relaxed, things are funnier, you are hungry and eat all the time ;). However, you will get to a point in your life where pot is NO LONGER ENJOYABLE. It becomes a HABIT. You dont even feel like smoking anymore, but you keep smoking just because you're used to it.

I hit that point in my life when I was 17 and a half. I decided to stop smoking pot cold turkey. I'm not a drug addict or anything. Today, it has been 2.5 years since I smoked my last joint. Honestly man, I got SO motivated...I became an honor student at school, I wanted to go to medical school, I started working out at the gym, I started volunteering, I became a happier and better person. Also, pot is really expensive. You will save so much money, its unbelievable.

When you go to sleep after smoking pot, your brain has difficulty reaching the level 4 stage of sleep, that is associated with REM (rapid eye movement). This is absolutely necessary in order to be well rested.

Marijuana raises your estrogen levels tremendously. More estrogen = less testosterone. Less testosterone = smaller dick.

When you stop enjoying pot, you will try other drugs. Its a classic. Ive seen it happen many times. I know what I am talking about from experience.

As soon as you do the hard drugs, you WILL go down. It's not your fault, it's just that the hard drugs make your serotonin and dopamine levels go SKY HIGH, so its hard for the brain to make up for it when youre not high anymore. This is why people are depressed after a weekend of hard drug usage (like at a rave). Yeah, the feeling is fan-fucking-tastic, but you will crash dude. You will lose your ambitions and everything you worked for.

I'm not telling you that drugs are bad. Only you can make that decision. I do support certain aspects of the marijuana culture, but not all of them. The artistic part of marijuana is spectacular. However it does affect you negatively more than it does positively.

Conclusion:

Quit smoking pot, dude. You'll feel so much better. You will gain faster, you will be more motivated for everything. Dont do hard drugs! Ever! I hope you will at least consider what I am saying. You will thank me one day!

Reactions: remek and JonPop

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
No study has ever found Marijuana to be harmful in any way. Just political scare tactics. The only risk is forgetting where you are going or what you were just doing.

I personally smoke weed all the time. I also have noticed PE gains. Whether I could have gained 'more' if I had not been smoking? who knows...
Don't get me wrong ZEN, I have smoked my fair share of herb. I'm just saying what I did, from personal observation of my stoner friends.

Great post Radiohead. You summed up the downside, very well. Rep point.

Last edited:

JohnSmith011

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well i have experimented with tons of drugs and i will say that many of those drugs are what caused me to develop ED at only 18 years old. That being said i dont believe weed had anything to do with that because i currently smoke when ever i am having a bad day or having insomnia which i have pretty badly and i have gained quiet a bit during my 4 months in p.e. but that could be because i am taking an anti estrogen suppliment called zinc ; ) zinc is a very good way to get rid of that excess estrogen and i also work out like religiously so i dont think my test levels have really dropped very much from the pot. But if you were just to smoke pot and not work out not take any suppliments to counter what the pot does to your body you Might have trouble making gains it just depends in my case there are so many variables that i really dont think that weed has hindered nor improved my gains at all. Just my two cents

W.M.P.

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I did smoke pot daily for 17 years and had many great experiences while at it, but I did reach a point where I had to accept that it was just not fun anymore, neither did it feel good anymore. Both sides (for and against pot) will have their beliefs on the matter and it'd be a waste to even try to convince the other of who's right and who's wrong. I did enjoy it for a long time, but I'm also glad that I stopped when I did. In my personal case, it has been an absolute change for the better.

Will smoking pot hinder gains? I don't know. I've read that pot is estrogenic, but I wouldn't be able to tell from experience cause my smoking years took place during the very stage of my life where my body pumped out A LOT more testosterone than what I get these days.

MrBigDick

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I've never smoked a joint. Would I now at almost 40? Hell yes. Just to say I did it. Smoke a little bud, get good and horny and fuck my gf. Yep. That's the spirit.

JohnSmith011

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I would smoke you out MBD if we didnt live so far apart LoL

pe_hope it works

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ahha dang well good looking, i'll take your advice.

& hell no i wont do any other drugs, im a weed guy.
but i gotta stop smoking all the time, and just do it everyone once in a great while. Just to Lubricate the mind aha.
Because i want my gains to be at there highest potential. period.

scythe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
After you've toked, the THC in marijuana helps increase blood circulation and reduces blood pressure. It also prevents release of cortisol.
Personally, I find that edging/ballooning when stoned is amazing. Being stoned makes you more horny.
I'm not a heavy smoker. I do smoke cigarettes, but only one per day.

Some people find that marijuana increases their focus pertaining to particular tasks. So it might help.
However make sure that you use a vaporizer - it keeps the tar and smoke out of your lungs, and ensures that only the pure THC goes into your body!

Make sure that you smoke up in moderation. Too much of anything is bad.
Maybe someday, I too will reach a stage in my life where I find that marijuana isn't as fun as it is now.

Snoopy5170

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
After you've toked, the THC in marijuana helps increase blood circulation and reduces blood pressure. It also prevents release of cortisol.
Personally, I find that edging/ballooning when stoned is amazing. Being stoned makes you more horny.
I'm not a heavy smoker. I do smoke cigarettes, but only one per day.

Some people find that marijuana increases their focus pertaining to particular tasks. So it might help.
However make sure that you use a vaporizer - it keeps the tar and smoke out of your lungs, and ensures that only the pure THC goes into your body!

Don't forget edibles!

I agree with these wise words of wisdom! Moderation is the key.

pussymonsterintraining

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think marijuana is great in moderation (once or twice a week)
take it from experience...everyday stoned = shitty.

No idea how it'd effect gains negatively or positively, but as someone who's pretty pro-weed,
in moderation, I think it's a great treat for the mind, i've written and drawn some of my best sh*t
stoned.

Yes, i'm an artist.

scythe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, I love this forum - so many stoners here who also PE!! Wow!:D:cool:

in moderation, I think it's a great treat for the mind, i've written and drawn some of my best sh*t
stoned.

Yes, i'm an artist.

A fellow artist. Are you into poetry? Care to share some of your work?
Somehow being stoned increases my focus and I am able to concentrate better on the task I'm doing.
That being said, I also wouldn't want to be dependent on the grass for successful task completion, that would really suck.
Apart from that, it really makes music a whole lot better, i can hear individual instruments clearly and it makes my whole perception of the world better.
I stop caring about the shitty small things that usually trouble and I see the big picture.

pussymonsterintraining

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, I love this forum - so many stoners here who also PE!! Wow!:D:cool:

A fellow artist. Are you into poetry? Care to share some of your work?
Somehow being stoned increases my focus and I am able to concentrate better on the task I'm doing.
That being said, I also wouldn't want to be dependent on the grass for successful task completion, that would really suck.
Apart from that, it really makes music a whole lot better, i can hear individual instruments clearly and it makes my whole perception of the world better.
I stop caring about the shitty small things that usually trouble and I see the big picture.

Daft Punk + Stoned = WHOA-MY-DAMN!
and, i'll probably share some of my work here eventually.

right now really isn't a good time.

W.M.P.

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I know from experience that a lack of moderation was the reason why I eventually had to stop. These days the bud is getting stronger and stronger so all you need is a little puff of two to get high enough to enjoy. I know all you who still smoke will keep doing so until you decide otherwise, so all I can advise you is to keep it as a moderate, casual thing and not a daily thing. I was the "wake n' bake" type of guy; I basically smoked weed like if it was cigarettes: Every day, many times per day. So take heed if you don't want having to eventually give up something you enjoy so much, or even have that very thing ruin your life like it has done to several people I know: Moderation is key.