Website for picture resizing

PurpleOnes

Senior Member, Member of the Month June 2014, PEG
Well Done !
Reaction score
Heya!

So I had a little problem when I wanted to find a new avatar for myself. I found a good picture but it was always too big.

Found this cool website that pretty much let's you take any picture of your choise and resize it to your liking even making it better in quality. Today I found out that apparently PNG. format is better in quality than JPG.

Here is the website and I'm sure there are many similar websites to this one.

Those that do not have avatar yet should get one since it adds personality and looks better than having nothing.:eek:

Resize Pictures Online for Free - Crop Photos Too!

Last edited:

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice pic! So you uploaded a PNG format pic Purple?

It shows on the profile feed as a smaller image, but large sized on the post avatar.

Neat find. Very interesting...

Reactions: PurpleOnes

PurpleOnes

Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice pic! So you uploaded a PNG format pic Purple?

It shows on the profile feed as a smaller image, but large sized on the post avatar.

Neat find. Very interesting...

In the resizing options you can make the picture you uploaded from normal quality to high and even ultra which I actually did.:specool:

It kind of depends on the size of the original picture so your not able to make it 150x150 or 200x200 always.

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
Note that the higher the quality the larger the file size will get, the slower it will take to load on slower connections like phones in some cases. :)

At a small size like avatars, you can get away with compressing the file with a high ratio, so it will load faster and your eyes won't notice the difference since it is so small anyways. :)

PurpleOnes

Well Done !
Reaction score
Note that the higher the quality the larger the file size will get, the slower it will take to load on slower connections like phones in some cases. :)

At a small size like avatars, you can get away with compressing the file with a high ratio, so it will load faster and your eyes won't notice the difference since it is so small anyways. :)

Yup I read the exact same thing but there is still small difference in quality to favour for PNG format not a big one though.

Nubie999

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Tip:
If you use a Mac, you can easily resize using the Preview app. In the Tools menu, select Adjust Size.

If you're using an iPhone to resize a photo, I found a great app some time ago. It's called Reduce. The icon looks like a picture being squeezed with a belt. When you use this app, you can resize without having to first transfer the file to your Mac, or your PC.
;)