Using a pressure guage on the Bathmate

Generic_Humanoid_000001

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I stopped doing PE for a little because I got psyched out about not being able to know what pressure I am using with my bathmate hydromax. I searched on the internet and decided to modify it like this.

I used it a few times, and last night (bathtub) I got a few red spots on my unit, including one that was on the larger side. They went away in a few days, but the bigger spot felt rough to the tough (texture) for a few days after that. I'm not sure what happened.

For bathtub use, please give me some warmup advice that could help me. I have been doing a hot shower thn soaking for a few minutes as the tub fills up.

Thoughts on the modifications?

AnOrdinaryDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've provided that link before in another thead. Honestly IMO, it is the only way to use a bathmate.

For pumping, less is more. Pumping up to really high Hg can give you a false sense of success. You start thinking "wow this is easy." Technically it is but it is not that easy. The results won't be permanent and it can cause trauma. Not sure what you have been using but 3-5 is optimal in my opinion if you are not releasing the vacuum during your set. If you are, up to 7 Hg is ok. Pumping produces diminishing returns anyway.

However, everyone is different. Find your sweet spot. For some people it is 10Hg. Others, 3. Just don't go too hard because it will cause injury. For example: I try to go in flacid because it works better for me and apparently, that is what bathmate recommends anyway (?). I space out my pump sets with jelq sets. 5 minutes each and I try to do at least 4 a day on the weekdays. Weekends are sometimes more.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigO

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
For most, 10 hg is far too much. It looks cool but produces edema which will hinder gains.

3-5 hg for long sets is the way to gain with pumping.

Jelquing and pumping worked well for me. Best of luck with your successes

Generic_Humanoid_000001

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear - I did 3 x 5 minutes x 5 mmHg.

What are some general guidelines for warming up I'm or before the bathtub that can help avoid issues?

Blake2010

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
For most, 10 hg is far too much. It looks cool but produces edema which will hinder gains.

3-5 hg for long sets is the way to gain with pumping.

Jelquing and pumping worked well for me. Best of luck with your successes
I'm new to pumping and just curious why edema will hinder gains?

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm new to pumping and just curious why edema will hinder gains?
Imagine a balloon with a balloon inside of it.

You fill the inside balloon ( which has the CC's and CS) in the attempt to stretch it to a larger size.

Now while you are doing this, you start to draw fluid into the outer Balloon but the outer balloon expands in all directions and pushes some of the inner balloons fluid out and/or does not allow more blood to enter thus stopping the expansion of the inner Ballon altogether.

Stretching the CC's and the CS by drawing in blood is the goal but it will be hindered by drawing too much lymph fluids into to the skin.

This is why most find that long low pressure sets are much better for gaining than high intensity sets for shorter times.

Blake2010

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Imagine a balloon with a balloon inside of it.

You fill the inside balloon ( which has the CC's and CS) in the attempt to stretch it to a larger size.

Now while you are doing this, you start to draw fluid into the outer Balloon but the outer balloon expands in all directions and pushes some of the inner balloons fluid out and/or does not allow more blood to enter thus stopping the expansion of the inner Ballon altogether.

Stretching the CC's and the CS by drawing in blood is the goal but it will be hindered by drawing too much lymph fluids into to the skin.

This is why most find that long low pressure sets are much better for gaining than high intensity sets for shorter times.
Definitely makes sense. I will keep this in mind. Thank you

Sam R

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Is there a way to fit a pressure gauge to a non “extreme” bath mate? Or not necessary since less pressure anyway?
I’m wondering if I am pumping too much pressure with my Hydro 7. I get small red pin sized dots lately but go away within a day.

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Is there a way to fit a pressure gauge to a non “extreme” bath mate? Or not necessary since less pressure anyway?
I’m wondering if I am pumping too much pressure with my Hydro 7. I get small red pin sized dots lately but go away within a day.
Some clever types have been able to do this. If you purchase your device from a site with a warranty, doing this could void it.

Generic_Humanoid_000001

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can someone please help me get this figured out? As I stated, I did 3 x 5 minutes x 5 mmHg.

What are some general guidelines for warming up I'm or before the bathtub that can help avoid issues?

7sDoor

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
One of the things that has helped me has been entering the cylinder with a flaccid cock…this is actually what Bathmate recommends. In the past, when I entered erect, it was more painful and I couldn’t take as much pressure. When entering flaccid, it is much more comfortable and I am able to get to higher pressure more easily…hope this helps!

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com