Ukraine

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
The Mig 29 bieng sent to Uke should see a big improvement (along with continued improvement in AA missiles etc) in Uke ability to contest the air space and in a short time given that little training will be required .

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I have long understood that autocracies might support the Rus in their current conflict .
I have long understood that western democracies would support the Ukes .

I have been puzzled though my the behaviour of several nations particularly India .
So far as I can work out India is a democracy has free press yada and is a functioning western style state perhaps more so than say Hungary .
However it does not see itself as part of the west and is not particularly well disposed towards it .

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
India does not want to get involved in a European war when it realizes that European countries far wealthier than India are contributing very little. Germany and France alone could supply what Ukraine needs but they don't want to cramp their lifestyle so a European problem because that of the US.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Actually I am fairly happy with the German contribution recently though they were slow out of the gate ..
While Franch has made some contributions I agree they could do more .
As I suggested the Indian issue seems to go far deeper not only does it not see itself as part of the west but seems to have disdane for the west as a whole

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
They all like to hide behind that % GDP thing. What that actually means is that they will not inconvenience their people at all. Is that what protecting democracy means to them? Hey we'll help out but no way are we gonna inconvenience our people. So with Russia getting nasty these 'allies' don't want to give til it hurts to help out Ukraine. It's in their backyard but lets' not get our people mad at us! Make America,3000 miles away do it.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
"Hide behind Gdp" oh boy I will let people reading that come to their own conclusions . Expecting a country like say Estonia to match US dollar for dollar shouldn't need comment .'

I will say some countries could do with raising their input to US levels as a % of their GDP.

I see a Uke diplomat has stated they are geting 321 heavy tanks from the west .
So as my previous posts indicate I can see 321 tanks but many of them would be light tanks . Then it struck me he might include the Polish tanks which are heavily updated T72 superior to Rus t72 but not modern western tanks .

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
As a result of the Russian brain drain, Ukraine seems to have a technological advantage over Russia; however, if Iran and India contribute to Russia’s deficit , the advantage could be reduced.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Looking for the country that has sent the most tanks to Uke it turns out to be Poland /
Poland will send an additional 60 tanks to Ukraine on top of the 14 German-made Leopard 2 tanks it has already pledged, the Polish prime minister has said in an interview.

Key points:​

• Poland has sent hundreds of tanks to its neighbour Ukraine since Russia invaded in February last year
  • The PT-91 is a Polish-made battle tank that came into service in the 1990s
  • Russia has blocked the CIA and FBI websites for 'spreading false information'

Warsaw, which has positioned itself as one of Kyiv's staunchest allies, had pressed hard for Germany to send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine and to allow other countries to do so as well, a demand which Berlin agreed to on Wednesday.

"Poland sent 250 tanks as the first country half a year ago or even more than that," Mateusz Morawiecki told Canada's CTV News.

"Right now, we are ready to send 60 of our modernised tanks, 30 of them PT-91.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
This is an important point not only have the Rus lost a million odd people but many of them were highly educated with saleable skills .

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
So the Russians are using Chinese made ammuntion in Ukraine. I think I told you guys months back that China is loving this. They will not let Russia lose. Oh they don't want them to win too fast; the longer this drags on the weaker the US and the West get both militarily and economically. And guess what? We can't do anything about it. Biden told us that China is only giving non lethal aid to Russia. Since when are bullets non lethal. Hell they won't even return our phone calls.
So all you guys that want this war to continue you are aligning yourself with China, Good for you.

Johnny D

Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
So all you guys that want this war to continue you are aligning yourself with China, Good for you.
There was a time, not very long ago, when those who aligned themselves with the right wanted the US government to intervene in every foreign conflict and fight against every threat to democracy around the world, while those who aligned themselves with the left protested against the inflation of the military budget and sending troops to die in someone else's war. In the last 20 or so years those positions seem to have completely reversed themselves.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
In life you must pick and choose your battles. The fact that we are doing exactly what our greatest enemy wants us to do says it all.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
You seem to be geting desperate Cusp bringing China into it .

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
My friend I didn't bring China into this at all. China saw an open door and walked right in. They have been buying Russian oil and goods fro the get go. Now they are supplying them with ammunition. If and when Russia needs weapons they will supply them with whatever they need. Tell me who is gonna stop them?
Biden has no desire to antagonize China. Hell his family makes big money there. Since Biden came into office the Chinese have done whatever they want with no repercussions. Hell we let Chinese spy balloons float over our most sensitive military installations with no repercussions. Are you aware that when this mellonhead tried to call the Chinese to "protest" they reused to take the call?
They have no fear of us, no fear that biden can and will do anything to stop them.
This war will continue allowing China to get stronger while we're getting weaker. They are simply using the Russians. The only way to stop China is if we force a peace to this conflict. Allowing China to do as it pleases is not good for us, not good for Australia and the rest of the world. Sometimes you give up territory in order to win the war. Think of long term my friend and stop being so idealistic; it doesn't work in this case.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I guess you never heard of the Chip Act and the balloon was allowed to complete its journey so when it was shot down it didn’t harm anyone and could be easily recovered.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Sigh China by it's standards is not doing that well over the last year or so . So meh .
Australia has had a trade war with China for some time and it seems to have hurt them more than us .

I see the Pm of Japan is in Uke . While they have given a few $ given that they are so far away I think they could help a bit more given the size of their economy .

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I guess you never heard of the Chip Act and the balloon was allowed to complete its journey so when it was shot down it didn’t harm anyone and could be easily recovered.
You are so right; I never thought of that. Now it couldn't have been shot down over the densely populated state of Alaska. God the horror. The debris may have hit a bear or moose. No better it flies over sensitive military places. Is there anything you won't say to defend this moron?

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Sigh China by it's standards is not doing that well over the last year or so . So meh .
Australia has had a trade war with China for some time and it seems to have hurt them more than us .

I see the Pm of Japan is in Uke . While they have given a few $ given that they are so far away I think they could help a bit more given the size of their economy .
You just don't get it. China doesn't care how much pain they put their people through. The end game is to dominate the world and they will stop at nothing.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
You are so right; I never thought of that. Now it couldn't have been shot down over the densely populated state of Alaska. God the horror. The debris may have hit a bear or moose. No better it flies over sensitive military places. Is there anything you won't say to defend this moron?
I guess you don’t remember the other objects shot down over Alaska, Canada, and lake Huron which were unable to be recovered Due to harsh conditions.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Again I sit corrected. It is much better for a Chinese spy balloon to fly over sensitive areas, transmit that info back to China so that we can shoot it down and recover the pieces after the balloon had completed it's mission. Makes no sense to shoot it down before it spies on us, only after it's done spying. Really?