Traveling with an extender >.>

B1ue

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Ok so this is probably a dumb question but thought i'd ask... I'm going to be studying abroad in japan and my flight leaves in a little over a week. I want to take my extender with instead of just hiding it here somewhere until I get back. Is it going to cause any trouble if I have it in my carry on or checked bag?

Balboa

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hey B1ue,

It shouldn't cause any problem if you put it in your carry on. Just make sure you are not wearing the device when you go through the metal detectors. :D

B1ue

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
ha yeah that would be rather awkward

ronnierokk

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes, do not put it in your carry on bag. Leave it in your checked back.

You can take it apart and put it in your shaving kit bag that you can put in your checked bag.

No problems like this. I do this all the time when I go over seas.

If you put in your carry on bag, then they will scan the metal rods and ask to look at it again, and take it out and do a test. I did this one time, and there still was no problem, just held me up a bit.

So go with the checked bag so they don't hold you up.

B1ue

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes, do not put it in your carry on bag. Leave it in your checked back.

You can take it apart and put it in your shaving kit bag that you can put in your checked bag.

No problems like this. I do this all the time when I go over seas.

If you put in your carry on bag, then they will scan the metal rods and ask to look at it again, and take it out and do a test. I did this one time, and there still was no problem, just held me up a bit.

So go with the checked bag so they don't hold you up.

Alright thanks for the advice

dstern22

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've taken mine a few times.. and taken it in my checked bag. EVERY SINGLE time, my bag gets checked out by TSA. If I don't take it.. it doesn't..

Go figure.

TLCTugger

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Website
TLCTugger.com
" Just make sure you are not wearing the device when you go through the metal detectors."
ha yeah that would be rather awkward
Not at all.

Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network - View Single Post - Airport Security with TLC Hangers

I got to the airport early for my flight home on March 29, 2011 after my Howard Stern appearance, so I decided to see what happens when you wear a stainless steel tugging weight through airport security.

They did not have full-body scanners at this checkpoint. I put all my belongings on the x-ray belt and proceeded to the walk-through metal detector. I announced before advancing that I was wearing a steel brace that was not dangerous "so please don't taser me." I passed through and the machine beeped.

The agent took my boarding pass and asked me to wait in the small freestanding glass room until an agent of the same gender could inspect me. A guy came within a minute and I told him I'm wearing a post-surgical brace and if he wanted to see it we were going to need more privacy than this.

He got a partner and the three of us went with all my stuff into a fully private opaque booth where I explained that the post-surgical brace hanging from my penis included a 6-ounce weight. I got a full gloved pat-down over clothes. The guy touched firmly everywhere - like I was getting a massage - except my penis. Then he left to put the gloves through a bomb residue sniffing machine.

The remaining partner agent asked more questions about the tugging. I explained that I had an amputation and this is partially undoing it.

When the pat-down guy came back he said I should drop my trousers. He saw that I was wearing a Tug N Wear jock and I pointed to where the steel weight was. I offered to take off the Tug N Wear, but apparently they do everything possible to avoid nude genitals. So next they took absolutely everything out of the booth except me and my cell phone and asked me to stay in private and remove the steel part if possible. I said that was possible, although wearing it for a long period with no tension could make the device get loose, which is why I didn't take it off before getting in line. They came back and looked at the weight, and that was it.

Getting a dried-out penis would literally make it harder to get a good grip for the plane ride, although I could have stopped in a wheelchair accessible washroom stall and re-washed the skin in the time that it took to get this intensive screening.

Total extra delay due to wearing the weight through security was about 10 minutes. On the prior trip I took the weight off and put it in my carry-on with several sample tuggers, which caused no incident or inquiry.

-Ron Low