The science behind the warm towel warmup?

piton77

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
To explain the importance of warming up with heat, most people compare it with warming up before lifting weights or doing excercise...

Imagine going to the gym to lift weights. Lets say it´s leg day... Instead of warming up by riding a stationary bike or doing light weighted squats, you warm up by wraping your legs with warm towels and then do some heavy squats... Sounds kind of stupid doesn´t it?

Wouldn`t it be much better to warm up your penis by doing kegels to stimulate blood flow, and then performing maybe 50 light jelqs before moving on to your PE routine, instead of wraping a wet towel around your penis?

Last edited:

bjembe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I´m doing here... asking the experts...

I am not an expert as I am not too sure what constitute a PE expert. But I think I might be able to shed some light on the matter.

I think there is a little bit of misunderstanding about the purpose of warm up using heat.

The main purpose of warming up using heat is to raise tissue temperature particularly the connective tissue, so as to obtain greater elasticity and/or plasticity. In other words the raise in temperature (at about 103+ F) enhances the viscous stress relaxation of the connective tissue allowing greater deformation. This also means that the tissues behave less stiffly and the risk of INJURY is greatly reduced.

So, I do not think the method you suggested will be better based on the above principles. The normal body temperature is 98.6 F or 37 C.

Reactions: piton77

Dingdong

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Why not a combination of wet or dry heat AND light exercises? I think you make a valid point, but so does bjembe. I usually heat a wet tube sock in the microwave for two minutes, wait for it to cool down enough to apply to my penis, and apply it for several minutes. I repeat this three times. Then, I do some light stretching for a few minutes before I start my routine. I'm by no means an expert or a big gainer, but I have gained 7/8" length and 1/2" girth in 11 months using this method of warm up.

Pirate

Retired Administrator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I usually kegel while I am applying a heating pad or rice sock. I like the combination.

boxer

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The main purpose of warming up using heat is to raise tissue temperature particularly the connective tissue, so as to obtain greater elasticity and/or plasticity. In other words the raise in temperature (at about 103+ F) enhances the viscous stress relaxation of the connective tissue allowing greater deformation. This also means that the tissues behave less stiffly and the risk of INJURY is greatly reduced.
Yes this is exactly why you heat up.
After you heat up then you stretch (not everyone does but most people do),the stretch would be like the light squats or the warm up on the speed bike for your legs
The heat is just so you dont injure yourself and to get the most out of you PE routine.

st.it

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
The penis is not a muscle.

When you PE, you aren't lifting weights. You are simply stretching it and pumping blood into it. That is the entire workout. You don't do the same thing with your muscles. I'm pretty sure jelqing your arms will not result in python arms. And stretching them doesn't either.

Furthermore, the kegel does not constitute a penis workout per se. The PC muscle (and the various related muscles) are muscles, and they are not the penis, although they very much "control" it. Kegeling is thus not a light weight exercise for the penis. What it can do is help more blood flow to the penis.. but that is another matter. It is no longer a question of regular strength training.

Penis ≠ muscle.
PE ≠ strength training.
Penile warmup ≠ muscle warmup.