The importance of record keeping

TallMan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
One other post for today and then I'm done... I swear. Really.

Okay, so I've been doing PE for a little while... but I haven't measured myself for years. I just never had a need to.

I've been reading about everyones growth on here, so I stopped to buy a ruler today... and got incredibly depressed. I alway thought I was just at 7.25 inches. When I picked up the ruler at the store I thought to myself... MY GOD, 7.25" IS LONGER THAN I THOUGHT. THERE IS NO WAY I'M THIS BIG. So, I bought it and went home depressed. A little while later I build up the nerve to actually measure myself and now (after starting PE) I'm just OVER 7.25.

My point is this... We never look at ourselves with an unbiased eye. Maybe it's how we feel about ourselves, or maybe it's just the angle we're looking from...but looks can be deceiving.

I weight lift and keep very accurate records everyday so I can chart growth, weight, and make sure I'm not missing anything. PE is no different. If you're not already doing this...MEASURE and MEASURE OFTEN! You might not be happy with where you are right now (which I'm thinking is why some people don't measure), but dealing with it now will make it much easier for you to get to where you are happy with yourself.

My 2 cents.

Thanks,

Tall Man

john69

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Visually, rulers are the devils work, the just look sooooo straight which I think takes the eye off on a long journey along the length of the ruler.

It all goes OK though when you actually measure with.

Always use a ruler that doesnt have the first few mm left blank though, they REALLY are the devils work for making you think you have lost a quarter of an inch LOL

Cernunnos

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Agreed, TallMan, it is very important to take records at the beginning and throughout your PE career. Otherwise, once you gain, you won't even know if you gained or not and will go crazy trying to figure it out ("Hmm, did my penis feel this big two months ago? I think so.").

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I'm going to keep posting this until I get everyone of you newbies to get this.
This is really the way to keep track of your gains. I am so glad I did this. Plus, I just bought more stock in the "Wooden Dowel" market. *Hee*

O.K. Here is a tip that will help you keep track of gains.

Go to a hobby shop, a hardware store, anywhere where you can purchase a round, 3/8" dowel. Mine is 30" long. Press the end of the round dowel into the hollow just at the top of your shaft, against the pubic bone.
This is so much more comfortable than the sharp edges of a ruler. (This measurement will never change, even if you gain or lose weight.) When you are fully erected, take a fine tipped felt marking pen and mark at the very tip of your penis on the dowel. Very carefully draw the line all around the dowel. Measure from the end you pressed into the pubic bone to the mark and this will give you a true and accurate Bone Pressed measurement.
The reason I kept the 30" length is because it is easy to work with, easy to keep track of (I just stand mine up in the corner by the toilet.)

This will give you a permenant record of your gains. When I first started PE. I used this way of measuring and have marks in 1/4" increments from 4 3/4" up to and including 8 3/4". This was my last mark. I am not hitting that mark now, but I did at one time. I call this "Tool" my 'story pole', as this is a way to refer back to your progress. I look at this 'stick' and am amazed at how far I've come. Try this. This is almost like keeping a journal. JP

going4a7

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm going to keep posting this until I get everyone of you newbies to get this.
This is really the way to keep track of your gains. I am so glad I did this. Plus, I just bought more stock in the "Wooden Dowel" market. *Hee*

O.K. Here is a tip that will help you keep track of gains.

Go to a hobby shop, a hardware store, anywhere where you can purchase a round, 3/8" dowel. Mine is 30" long. Press the end of the round dowel into the hollow just at the top of your shaft, against the pubic bone.
This is so much more comfortable than the sharp edges of a ruler. (This measurement will never change, even if you gain or lose weight.) When you are fully erected, take a fine tipped felt marking pen and mark at the very tip of your penis on the dowel. Very carefully draw the line all around the dowel. Measure from the end you pressed into the pubic bone to the mark and this will give you a true and accurate Bone Pressed measurement.
The reason I kept the 30" length is because it is easy to work with, easy to keep track of (I just stand mine up in the corner by the toilet.)

This will give you a permenant record of your gains. When I first started PE. I used this way of measuring and have marks in 1/4" increments from 4 3/4" up to and including 8 3/4". This was my last mark. I am not hitting that mark now, but I did at one time. I call this "Tool" my 'story pole', as this is a way to refer back to your progress. I look at this 'stick' and am amazed at how far I've come. Try this. This is almost like keeping a journal. JP

Awsome idea JP! I think i'll do that! thanks!

sciencegeek

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I agree very much so with your post, Tallman. I was reluctant to initially measure because I was afraid of what I would find, and now I regret that because I have been PEing for a couple months and am not able to determine if I've made any gains. I finally measured and was bigger than I thought, but still not anywhere close to where I would like to be. Advice to anyone starting.....always measure.