• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

Stretched flacid length does not equal errect length?

valodja79

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been wondering...
In various studies I have read the length is determined by measuring the flacid stretched penis. Doing this myself I see that my penis is stretched flacid about 1/2 inch longer than when measured errect. Is that the case for everyone and if so, do you think that means that most studies are faulty?

Kind regards,
Valodja

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
Length is measured BPEL in most studies, and it is the reliable way to measure your penis.

BPFSL and BPEL are often different, for some, BPEL could be longer, for others, it could be shorter, you may find the discussion about it on the TGC theory thread helpful.

Phoenix7672

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
My BPSFL was shorter than my BPEL before starting PE (by around 0.5"). Very quickly it became equal, and has stayed the same pretty much ever since. Now, an increase in BPFSL typically means an increase in BPEL a few weeks later.

lafoor7

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Both of my measurements are close and have increased at about the same rate. Flaccid is just slightly longer than erect.

Hound

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been wondering...
In various studies I have read the length is determined by measuring the flacid stretched penis. Doing this myself I see that my penis is stretched flacid about 1/2 inch longer than when measured errect. Is that the case for everyone and if so, do you think that means that most studies are faulty?

Kind regards,
Valodja

I know this is the case with me. im longer bpfsl

Phoenix7672

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
I know this is the case with me. im longer bpfsl

From reading here and other PE forums, it seems like a longer BPFSL is the typical, but others (like me and lafoor7) exist. I'm not sure what that means for gains, although I can say in my own case while girth has been extremely hard to gain, even light stretching has benefited me length-wise.

LeStrange

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm shorter in BPFSL by almost an inch. That is why I made a stretch-based routine in order to decrease this gap. I find this necessary before moving on to jeqling or any other advanced exercises. It seems logical to address this first and then move forward. I'm going to add jelqing once I'm able to do larger amounts of stretching exercises. I haven't measured yet but I can definitely notice improvement in flexibility.

Because you are larger in BPFSL, you may need to work the smooth muscle more. A jelq-based routine might suit you better and possibly trigger gains. I find it important to design a workout routine based on your dick's properties.

Good luck and PE safely! :)

Hopeforgains

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Should your extender length be set at your flaccid length or stretched flaccid length

elijohnson

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Length is measured BPEL in most studies, and it is the reliable way to measure your penis.

I always thought it was the other way around. Look into most large (non-self reported) studies and you'll find stretched flaccid as the length measurement. Makes sense really, if you're measuring 1000 army cadets you're not going to hang around for them to get to attention, or give them all an injection, you'd just pull it out and go from that.

That big meta study from a while back had an awful lot of BPFSL in it's data I seem to recall. It was one of the complaints people made.

Icecam

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
My bpfsl is 8.5 and my bpel is 8. I have a difference of 0.5inch

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Should your extender length be set at your flaccid length or stretched flaccid length

Your goal should be to get it at flaccid length to 1/2" past that, but you'll need to make sure that the tension is born by the springs as the base and not the rods themselves.