Starting my journey from 20% body fat to 10%

Johnra2000

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I know it’s quite a task building muscle, getting shredded ultimately is the goal. I am at the point where i realize that if I have 1” of pubic fat , I could easily have only a 1/2” or less if I get my body fat percentage down. I hopped on the scale this morning and it says 148 pounds 24% body fat …. Now assuming that’s not accurate I’d say I’m around 18 to 20% . So I don’t have to loose much weight but get more lean muscle mass . I’m already in a deficit of 200 calories and every other day doing chest and abdominal exercises/a bit of lifting. So here it goes….

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Good luck on your quest .

Reactions: Dangler

cancersurvivor

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey buddy!

First, great job in taking the step!

Here is a video explaining this in greater detail. It helped me in meeting my goals

The other thing is I use an app called Yazio to track my calories. It is very convenient. Just be mindful that the app indirectly suggests that you can eat more calories when you have more movement. While this is true in maintaining body weight, it is not true when trying to cut bodyfat. My macro breakdown is 20% carb, 40% protein, and 40% fat. Anything with high protein (~30%) should be good for most people.

Consistency is key. The more consistent you are with your nutrition, the faster and better your results will be.

Also, I'd suggest trying calisthenics in your gym routine. Learn to do traditional dips, straight bar dips, pull ups, and muscle ups. The key difference is that these involve compound muscle groups and will make all your lifts in the gym better significantly. During the lockdowns, gyms were closed and I hit the park to get in some fitness. When the gyms opened back up, my bench press increased about 25% from my previous lifts.You will be shocked at the power of calisthenics.

My daily breakfast

40 g buckwheat porridge, with cinnamon
200 g egg whites
Protein shake ( 200 ml Milk, 60g whey protein - unflavored)

Reactions: akaTrex