Something for the Head

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score
No matter what problem, or challenge you might face at anytime during your life, one thing is for sure. If your head isn't right and you aren't mentally prepared, your chances of conquering it are minimal. PE is no different and requires a good positive attitude coupled with a sound plan of action that can only be accomplished with a little labor and sweat. Yes , you have to work for it.There are no shortcuts or magic formulas, You have to do this yourself. There are many obstacles to prevent you from accomplishing your goals, but none greater than your own attitude and emotional/mental state. How do you get your head right?

A. Make a choice to do what it is you want to accomplish
1. Either do it or don't do it, there is no try, to paraphrase Yoda
2. When you neglect your mission, there is only your choice to not succeed.
3. If its too hard for you then don't do it.
4. Self Discipline is required at all times.
B. Break down the problem into smaller segments
1. Large problems are simply many smaller problems grouped together
2. Smaller problems are easier to solve so by attacking each small problem one by one, eventually the large problem is solved.
C. You must motivate yourself.
1. Concentrate focus on the positive advantages of your reward.
2. Eliminate any negatives and obstacles. The clearer the trail, the easier the journey.
a. Can't never could and never will.
b. Excuses are the building blocks of failure. There can be "NO EXCUSES".
c. You have to believe. If you don't believe in what you are doing you will fail.
D. Compete only with yourself and not others. If you are in total control, you can't lose.
E. Be completely honest with yourself. You can lie to yourself all you want but it won't change the fact
F. Recognize success
1. When positives outweigh negatives, that is success.
2. When something does not work, it is not failing. Failure is when you give up or quit without reaching your goals.
3. Concentrate on positives and visualize success.
4. Approach setbacks as one of those "small problems" but never as failure.
5. Every setback is a successful learning opportunity that should make you stronger and better prepared to complete your mission.
G. Get in touch with your "Individuality"
1. You aren't the other guy, though there are similiarities there are differences.
2. Never expect to be or do exactly like that other guy.
3. The successes of others should give you confidence and faith in your own mission.
4. The failures of others should be viewed as learning experiences
H. Never lose sight of your goals
1. Never feel sorry for yourself, feel challenged.
2. Through support and information, boost your own confidence and welcome challenges.
I. Refuse to fail
1. Never quit or give up unless you've exhausted all resources and possibilities
2. You have a lifetime to accomplish things and a world of resources available.

This list could be much longer, but these are many of the key areas where people just simply fail because of lack of conditioning and preparedness.
Get your head right and get the job done!!

Domzorz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
One of the Best Post I ever read. Good for the positive Mind that we all need to achieve our goals. Good job PH :) 5 star for sure :)

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Now if you don't have a mind go ahead and see if you can acomplish your goals, hehehehe!

kingpole

Reaction score
Eat my dirty shorts PH! You will never catch up! Can you spare a few of those green blocks you have to many of them, heeeeeh!

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score
I told you before I don't even know what they are for. But I'd certainly give you some if I could figure out how. Us posting hoes have to stick together.

kingpole

Reaction score
I told you before I don't even know what they are for. But I'd certainly give you some if I could figure out how. Us posting hoes have to stick together.

Yeah i guess your right!.

Gravik

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
PE'ing is so much like working out in the weight room..if you don't have any motivation, you aren't going to get anywhere.

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score
PE'ing is so much like working out in the weight room..if you don't have any motivation, you aren't going to get anywhere.

This is true!!

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score
E-Mail received..........
"Something for the head" - thank you
"Hi,

I've read your posts here. They have all been great, but I was particularly inspired by "Something for the head". I've been doing PE for awhile now. I've made some gains and those gains have motivated me to make PE a lifetime committment. I know there's work involved, of course, but a lot of it is a proper mental attitude. I printed out "Something for the head" to help me overcome the challenges and to keep me disciplined and motivated.

I told a friend that once I was envious of guys with big cocks. But I've decided and that my goal is to have one myself. And I'm going to get there. :)

Thanks again for helping make pegym a great resource for me"
(user ID withheld)

This is better than cash money to me. Knowing I can help is edifying but guys like this help me to continually be motivated and not lose sight of the prize. Some of you may think I'm stroking my own ego here, well it is my ego to stroke, right? But seriously, I love to see motivated people working hard and diligently to achieve their goals and if I can help that's a bonus for me.:)

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score

RockofFox

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice post Socrates!

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Absolutely "The Post Of The Month."
Dang PHammer. You continue to impress.

Good news: Will be re-enabling the "Post of the Month" with the launch of the new PE Gym. Ever better news: It will be based on "rep points" given to particular posts, so the best posts in theory should get the most rep points.

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Good news: Will be re-enabling the "Post of the Month" with the launch of the new PE Gym. Ever better news: It will be based on "rep points" given to particular posts, so the best posts in theory should get the most rep points.

This is great news remek. Do you have a tentative date in mind?

So, nominating a "Post of the month" will have no bearing? Just if it has received enough rep points?
This could be awkward as many members will read a great post such as "Somthing For The Mind" and not post a rep point. Especially those that don't know how the rep point system works.