"Reverse kegal" muscle movement gotten smaller over time.

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have a problem that has been ruining my life slowly and progressively getting worse, and will forever be so thankful if someone can point me in a way to fix it.

In short, what I believe is known as the "reverse kegal" muscle movement, has gotten smaller over the last
few years , I do not know how to get it back. The best way to describe this movement is when ejaculating, you have the first essentially involuntary contraction of the "pc" muscles, which contributes to the actual shooting out of the semen, but after that contraction is complete, the muscles now all sort of release, or have a pulling back
motion, so you can have another contraction.Firstly I'm wondering Is this pulling back/ releasing motion of the muscles after the contraction what is refered to as the reverse kegal?

For me , this reverse kegal movement, has been getting smaller over the years, and I am not sure how to
get it back to being as large of a muscle movement as it used to be.

Is ti possible that your reverse kegal movement can be permenantly changed to be smaller or is it just a poorly conditioned muscle issue? The feeling of ejaculating since this issue has started and progressively gotten worse , has just felt wrong, and like its getting more wrong over time.

For the people with more experience on this board who might have heard of a similar issue before or anyone who may have expperienced something similar, has there been any proven ways to strengthen your reverse kegal movement? Becuase I cant seem to figure it out. I have tried straining on it with the stomach muscles like some guides suggest you need to do, but just dont think im doing it right. I also understand the reverse kegal also is done with a muscle that you feel in the perineum between the anus / testis. I think mine may be so weak because I can barely feel anything in that region, however when mentally thinking back on what it felt like to urinate and ejaculate, i do remember having a strong control over that area, however now i dont feel much there at all. Its like my ejaculation contractions reverse kegal only comes down a very small way and should be coming down way more but its locked up/ too tight and i no matter what i do i cant seem to get it to change.

Does any of this sound correct ? I feel like im getting bits and peices of info on what to do correctly but not seeing the entire picture. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?? Thanks guys :)

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Ok so reverse kegel (rk) is essentially a stretch. Yes you can lose stretchability and it can affect performance .
The question is have you lost stretchability or strength .

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I appreciate the response pegasus. you deffinately are an extremely helpful and kind individual. When you say you can lose stretchability do you mean permenantly or with training /stretching it can go back?

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Ok so reverse kegel (rk) is essentially a stretch. Yes you can lose stretchability and it can affect performance .
The question is have you lost stretchability or strength .

honestly i think ive lost both. i remember when i was younger and used to lay on my side or go into a yoga crouching cat pose or whatever, the reverse kegal would kind of automatically open to its full width, which was hugely bigger/wider then what it is now, barely opens at all now. also i remember when younger when i would kegal there was a very noticable muscle contraction/pulling upp sensation, which also had a pleasurable/ good sensation, and filled the penis with lots of blood. now the movement is virtually non existent its so small,. the size increase with this muscle movement (not even sure im doing it correctly anymore) is extremely small,
and theres no pleasurable feeling anymore whatsoever.

i think i lost strength and also ive had several spasms, each time it seemed like the reverse kegal stretch got smaller.

is that a commen problem or possible problem? to have both a hyper spasmd / tight pelvic floor that at the same time is very weak? i think thats my issue. im having a very tough time identyfing which muscles are hte right ones because the movements have gotten so small over the years its like ive almost forgotten how to do anything other then a very small squeeze or "let go"

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Spasmed and weak is common. I take it you no longer do yoga?

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
never have done yoga, and i was the kind of kid in school who could never sit crosslegged properly, as in i think i naturally was very unflexible. i should also note that when i had a fully and proper feeling fucntional penis/pelvic floor sensations that i played lots of sports and body was in top shape. now after years of bad posture and excessive sitting i have virtually no muscles in my abs/lower back and thighs (which i understand support PF)

it is very hard for me to hold a straight back position while siitting on the floor as pathetic as that sounds, however, when i am able to i notice the entire pelvic floor becomes alot less tense and almost kind of "lets go" of its self and feels alot better.

i think i really need to focus on yoga/and getting my core strength and back/leg/hip muscles back and toned, and generally just restoring posture/alignment. i also think i have lots of tension spots that need to be worked out through trigger point release. will working on all of these things together likely improve my situation ?

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
of course as well as working on kegal strength, and reverse kegal flexability?

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
never have done yoga, and i was the kind of kid in school who could never sit crosslegged properly, as in i think i naturally was very unflexible. i should also note that when i had a fully and proper feeling fucntional penis/pelvic floor sensations that i played lots of sports and body was in top shape. now after years of bad posture and excessive sitting i have virtually no muscles in my abs/lower back and thighs (which i understand support PF)

it is very hard for me to hold a straight back position while siitting on the floor as pathetic as that sounds, however, when i am able to i notice the entire pelvic floor becomes alot less tense and almost kind of "lets go" of its self and feels alot better.

i think i really need to focus on yoga/and getting my core strength and back/leg/hip muscles back and toned, and generally just restoring posture/alignment. i also think i have lots of tension spots that need to be worked out through trigger point release. will working on all of these things together likely improve my situation ?

Yes.
I do yoga myself . You could also work direct on pelvic floor with kegel and reverse kegel .

Reactions: seenagin

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes.
I do yoga myself . You could also work direct on pelvic floor with kegel and reverse kegel .

Sweet man, gonna give it all a try. Yea i think once my body is back to being properly aligned and flexable the kegal/reverse kegals will come alot easier, like they used to when my body was toned. im gonna work on all of these things together and really hope i can finally beat this! ive had decreased sensation for months and i also have PE which seems to be getting worse directly after pelvic floor spasms amd smaller reverse kegal movements. thanks man!

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I wanted to ask one more question if you dont mind pegasus, and that is, due to the fact I experienced some loss of pleasure/sensation immediately following a spasm in what felt like my perineum/taint/bc muscles, is it likely my loss of sensation is due to these muscles being stuck in a permenantly tight state, and not nerve damage?

does actual nerve damage usually come with some kind of on going pain in the penile area? because ive never really had pain, its just like the sensnitiy got shut off following spasm. i also am able to regain slight sensitivity when trying to stretch this area/reverse kegal, although because its so tight its extremely small RK and the tension is very hard to get it to relax, and evn after i do, its often returned to its tensed state later in the day or the next day.

i gues im just scared that i have nerve damage due to the loss of feeling. has anyone on the forum ever talked about decrease of sensation following pelvic floor spasm?

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Yes this is not uncommon .
Nerve damage would usually require major trauma like surgery in the pelvic area .

If you had an acute episode like did a lot of kegels, had a lot of sex , an episode of bad constipation , heavy lifting or some such then recovery should be straight forward . Relax the area through the many tools we can show you bingo.
It is more difficult however if the spasm stems form say a back injury ,where the back is causing the pelvic floor spasm and relaxing it isn't longterm solution, because the back problem causes it to spasm again. In this case you also have to deal with the back issue.

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
ok great, yea i dont think it was a back injury , but rather the first time i remember the spasm happening was
after i had a very intense masturbation sesh while i was drunk and stoned , and also slouching heavily and putting excessive pressure on the entire pelvic floor. similar spasms happened again later from similar conditions.. each time the spasm happening smaller RK movement and more sensitivity loss. i was able to regain a significant ammount of sensnitivity one week after i spent alot of time working on my core and focusing on relaxing/rk'ing alot, but stupidly fell back into similar habits thinking i cured it, instead of continueing to build on the recovery.. won't make that mistake again thats for sure.

so that at least gives me hope that this condition isnt permenant..

Last edited:

seenagin

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
also i think what may have happened was because when your drunk you tend to not feel as much down there, so i overcompensated by squeezing the pc muscles extra hard