Quitting Smoking! Various ways..

Ambitiousdude

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I just recently went a good 2 weeks without smoking :p I'd say I'm done as I get no cravings anymore.

The way I went about it was with nicotine gum, but instead of spitting the piece out after 30 minutes I just chewed it till I put another piece in. Using the wonderful and magical powers of the placebo effect, I managed to convince myself that the gum satisfied my cravings passed the directed half hour.

Now, the best way to quit is using a placebo. Tell yourself this one thing automatically satisfies you and is your definite smoking replacement because you know it is better. A little tough convincing yourself sometimes, but it'll work if you've got the focus.

Another good way of quitting is with all the nicotine replacements you can get nowadays. They are expensive though, me paying 50 dollars for 30 pieces of gum. You could get the patch or that stupid inhaler that tastes nasty.

Finally, one of the more effective ways of quitting is to not be bored. Do activities you wouldn't smoke while doing, but having so much fun or are just so concentrated that you forget about smoking. Hell, Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare 2 is out so why not try to get a nuke on some people?

Best of luck to ya', get healthy!

frb3

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Personally, I used the Zyban program and was successful. Quit, in round numbers, 12 years ago. Haven't touched tobacco in any form since. Zyban is also known as Wellbutrin.

stillwantmore

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm weird. I started smoking "just because " a few years ago. Just decided to try it. I was a "recreational"
smoker. Smoked 2-5 daily. Never felt a "need". I just enjoyed it. I quit when I got tired of it. Never understood how people get "hooked". Maybe it's true that some people are less sensitive to nicotein than others.

frb3

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Interesting point, could be the addictive personality syndrome. My wife has a nephew of similar persuasion. He just decided he was tired of smoking, and quit, no fuss, no muss.