Question about SSRI

benm

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hi,

i have lifelong PE, really extreme. I have tried many things, also SSRI, but it just made me a different person. So again i stopped with them. Paroxetine & Clomipramine i both used.

Now i've been reading the stickies about relaxation, tight pelvic muscles, kegels, etc..

So if my pelvic muscles are tight, how come an SSRI like that makes them relax, can't imagine a pill doing that.

Don't want to start a discussing, because i also think relaxation, kegels are probally the way to go, and fix the problem forever. But could it be that some people just only get a fix with SSRI? I know it's not permanent, and has many disadvantages, but still, having control over my orgasm, is sometimes worth the disadvantages..

Asdasd91

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
I just started with 5-htp that should increase serotonin, same thing that ssri meds do.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Everyone wants the pill no one wants the work .

Asdasd91

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Everyone wants the pill no one wants the work .
Whats wrong with trying 5-htp? Im still doing my reserve kegels and hindi squats and if it doesnt work atleast i know its not my brain chemistry that makes me pre e.

Jay1983

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2014, Sept
Well Done !
Reaction score
Make pelvic floor more flexible within contraction and eccentric.
Rewire default relaxed point in pelvic floor to neutral, hence pelvic floor balance.

If your pelvic floor doesn't have much flexibility within contraction and eccentric, yet your default relaxed point is on the tense end of the scale, you will suffer with pre-e. Trust, I didn't completely understand it either, until I fully experienced both ends of the spectrum. All along I thought my pelvic floor was relaxed, when in fact, it was still tense.

I longer no deal with pre-e, and stimulation feels better than ejaculation.

TheZZMan

Moderator, Member of the Month Sept 2018, PEGym H
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
and stimulation feels better than ejaculation.

Amen Brother - that should be the motto for getting older. :bad:

Your not going to curb your sensitivity with a pill - it will take work. Read about pelvic floor relaxation and look at edging to train yourself to understand what your body is doing in relation to stimulus. Learning how to control your body is an awesome trip and one worthy of investing the time and energy to get it right.

Jay1983

Well Done !
Reaction score
Well sh*t. So being older is the cure to pre-e? and here I thought I had it figured out. lol

benm

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Make pelvic floor more flexible within contraction and eccentric.
Rewire default relaxed point in pelvic floor to neutral, hence pelvic floor balance.

If your pelvic floor doesn't have much flexibility within contraction and eccentric, yet your default relaxed point is on the tense end of the scale, you will suffer with pre-e. Trust, I didn't completely understand it either, until I fully experienced both ends of the spectrum. All along I thought my pelvic floor was relaxed, when in fact, it was still tense.

I longer no deal with pre-e, and stimulation feels better than ejaculation.

What exercises where you doing to make it more in balance? I think for me it's also that i feel relax, but in fact i'm also tense.

Well sh*t. So being older is the cure to pre-e? and here I thought I had it figured out. lol

For me, getting older makes it worse...

Jay1983

Well Done !
Reaction score
Deep squats, front reverse kegels.

benm

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hmm, are you doing them weighted or only for stretching? Just started front squats instead of back squats in my program, hopefully getting better results

Jay1983

Well Done !
Reaction score
Unweighted, for stretching the PF.

Anthony Gerio N

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hmm, are you doing them weighted or only for stretching? Just started front squats instead of back squats in my program, hopefully getting better results

I think what people mean by deep squat is sitting deep in squat position and applying a RK to different locations of Pf, not actually squating by a barbel (I mean by front or back sqaut you are pointing at keeping the barbel on the back or front?). some sort of the hindi squat. For maximum resualts the RK is needed as per my experience otherwise I do not see the point.

benm

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I think what people mean by deep squat is sitting deep in squat position and applying a RK to different locations of Pf, not actually squating by a barbel (I mean by front or back sqaut you are pointing at keeping the barbel on the back or front?). some sort of the hindi squat. For maximum resualts the RK is needed as per my experience otherwise I do not see the point.

Ah ok, cuz i'm also working out, and that is weighted. That's why i changed to front squats, so i can go deeper to ground. But i'll try hindi squats also than. How many and how long you have to do them?

Still trying to figure out RK, find it hard to identify the wright muscles. I think it's so weird for me because i always keep my muscles tight.

Also trying now kegel8, which helps training pelvic muscles. Don't know if it could really help with RK.