Question about a contradiction.

YoungSinatra77

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Okay so howcome it's said that pelvic floor weakness is a cause of premature ejaculation, yet it's also a cause of delayed ejaculation?

How is this so? I am currently experiencing premature ejaculation with involuntary kegels yet I'm assuming I also have a weak pelvic floor

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Now I am intrigued, really.
Got a source for this so we can read more ?

rapid

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Okay so howcome it's said that pelvic floor weakness is a cause of premature ejaculation, yet it's also a cause of delayed ejaculation?
How is this so? I am currently experiencing premature ejaculation with involuntary kegels yet I'm assuming I also have a weak pelvic floor

weak pelvic floor = delayed ejaculation
strong pelvic floor = premature ejaculation

YoungSinatra77

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It's just that I've read a lot of places (not here) that kegels are the solution because they strengthen the PC muscle giving you more control, so I'm assuming this is extremely false?

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
There would be control over erection hardness VS control over reaching orgasm.

Apples & oranges ?

Jay1983

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2014, Sept
Well Done !
Reaction score
Gosh this is toooooo confusing! My brain has officially derailed!

rapid

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It's just that I've read a lot of places (not here) that kegels are the solution because they strengthen the PC muscle giving you more control, so I'm assuming this is extremely false?

well. if you search about " premature ejaculation " on google then you will see tons of websites which are suggesting kegel as a cure,
and they don't know about reverse kegels.

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
Not many sites have the input that the members have given here at the PEGym. Too tense pelvic floor with no real control equals pre mature Ejaculation. Controlled balanced pelvic floor equals ejaculation when you desire.
Delayed Ejaculation can be too tense or too weak in my opinion. Again this comes from lack of knowledge and control of the pelvic floor. The sites that tout kegels as the fix all show a limited understanding of the pelvic floor as a system.
Control and balance and strength and relaxed all tied together is what you should work toward.

iceclimber

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Too tense: PreE
Too loose: DelayedE

We're not talking about strong or weak. A pelvic floor can be tense and weak at the same time.
The goal is having a strong AND relaxed pelvic floor.

Last edited:

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
The difference seems to be this . In pre e the pelvic floor is hyper excitable the activity drives the guy towards orgasm .

In De the activity seems to be inhibited or hypo making orgasm more difficult .

In a sense the opposite side of the same coin .

When I had de my pf was strong and supple it was the control that was the problem; anxiety caused a loss of control everything was shut down . But there are different forms of DE , I welcome the input of other guys that have had this issue.

YoungSinatra77

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of other websites don't have the information that I've found here, so with a tight pelvic floor that is potentially weak should I keep up an all reverse kegel routine for a while and include kegels when I feel it's more relaxed down there?

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of other websites don't have the information that I've found here, so with a tight pelvic floor that is potentially weak should I keep up an all reverse kegel routine for a while and include kegels when I feel it's more relaxed down there?

That is one view popular onsite, but this is the net and diversity of view exists here.