Purple color after Bathmate?

8x5Goalzz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This is my 3rd day of using the bathmate. I have the basic hydro, and went in flaccid. After like 7 or 8 pumps I was feeling some discomfort but nothing too bad so I just maintained that level for 5 minutes. When I pulled out of the bathmate though my penis was a little bit purple for a few seconds. Do you think this is normal or something to be concerned about? It went away quickly and I have no pain.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
A little purple is fairly normal and five minutes is not long enough to do any damage if you only felt slight discomfort.

The rule of thumb is to pump up until you feel slight discomfort and then back off slightly. It’s best to use lower vacuum in the beginning and work up to higher levels over weeks.

8x5Goalzz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
A little purple is fairly normal and five minutes is not long enough to do any damage if you only felt slight discomfort.

The rule of thumb is to pump up until you feel slight discomfort and then back off slightly. It’s best to use lower vacuum in the beginning and work up to higher levels over weeks.

Ok that's good to hear. When I was researching what purple skin meant, it can be associated with low levels of blood oxygen. I suspect that's what happened since I was feeling a little bit of circulation loss towards the end of pumping.

8x5Goalzz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I tried again tonight and with better lighting it didn't look that purple. I'm not gonna worry about it too much. I really think its working too because when I tried to get an erection to use for jelqing (I get an erection first and then let it come down a little) I hit 6.75 pretty easily and wasn't super hard so I'm confident I'll hit 7 at my official measurement date which is still 10 days away. Anything over that would be amazing but I doubt it would be much more.

8x5Goalzz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This is normal but newbies to pumping shouldn't pump so hard or so long they feel discomfort!
I think I will take it a little easier. I've been pumping my flaccid up to 6 and there's definitely some good pressure. If I don't scale back I will at least just maintain that pressure and not go any further. I'm not a complete newbie, but I didn't use a pump before this.