PROGRESSION: Newbie Routine and More!

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wish I could go back to a year ago and implement a more methodical progression into my PE.

I think I would be sitting here with a long fat dick by now. No guarantees, but I’m inclined to believe so.

I believe too many newcomers to PE either start off too slow or too fast.

The ones who start too low get frustrated at their lack of success and either quit or increase their routine too quickly.
They send their penis into shock mode, either injure it or actually toughen it up.

The ones who start out too fast overtrain, don’t make any gains, and injure themselves.

This routine tries to eliminate both.

WHY PROGRESSION: It’s the same principle as in weight training. You cannot expect to have continuing results if you lift the same weight for the exact same number of repetitions. It just doesn’t work that way. So, why should your penis be any different. Plus, in all likelihood the penis is a much smarter appendage than your arms and legs. Meaning, if you constantly throw the same thing his direction, he’s going to know how to fend it off and not grow.

So, with this routine, you are constantly upping your repetitions/times in order to never let your penis adjust. Progression works on the principles that, over time, cumulative fatigue of the penis will cause it to grow. There is no shocking here. There is no back-dooring here. This is just downright exercising with intentional and methodical progression.

This is an example of how progression should look (for a complete newbie JUST starting out):
More advanced exercisers will want to start-out higher on the progression scale. I recently started at Week 5.

Week 1: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (1 sets) --- 50 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 2: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (1 sets) --- 75 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)

Week 3: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (1 sets) --- 100 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 4: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (1 sets) --- 125 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)

Week 5: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 150 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 6: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 175 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 7: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 200 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 8: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 225 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)

Week 9: WEEK OFF

Week 10: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 200 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 11: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (2 sets) --- 225 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)

Week 12: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (3 sets) --- 250 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 13: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (3 sets) --- 275 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 14: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (3 sets) --- 300 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)
Week 15: 5-way stretches (60 sec. holds) (3 sets) --- 325 Jelqs (3-5 sec. strokes)

And you get the idea.

Taking a rest week every 8 weeks allows you to implement strategic deconditioning breaks throughout your routine. This may lessen the necessity to take longer decon breaks of 1-2 months. As you get higher up in the repetitions, you may find it necessary to take decon breaks more often. Also, when you return from a rest break, you should always work your way back up to where you were previously. This will eliminate tissue toughening and possible injury.

Stretching: You’ll notice that I use 60 second holds. You can use 30 sec holds if you prefer. It looks like the desired range of time for maximum tissue lengthening during a stretch is 30-90 seconds. I think it’s also important that you EASE into your stretches. Meaning, when you do a 60 second stretch, slowly work your way up to the full stretch. It should take you no less than 10-15 seconds to reach the full stretch. Then hold it.

The increases listed above are not set in stone. This is what I am trying. You can add more or add less. I would advise nobody to add more than 50 jelqs each week or more than 1 set of stretches every 2 weeks. The above routine is just can example of how progression works.

Some final tips:

Watch your P.I.s. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about here, then stop reading this thread and start reading this thread until you can regurgitate it in your sleep) --- https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theory-science-forum/3242-physiological-indicators-original-post.html

DON’T BE AFRAID TO CUT BACK EITHER.
If your increase from 125 jelqs to 150 jelqs causes negative P.I.s, then go back to the 125 jelqs.
You might find that you grow with just 125 jelqs.

Progress with your progress. If you find yourself making gains with a select number of jelqs and select number of stretches, then STAY WITH THAT PROGRAM! The above routine is just can example of how progression works! You design your own program or use this one. The important part is that you NEED progression!

Good luck!

Reactions: millia and jmath

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far as training SCHEDULES go:

You have to decide how many days you want to exercise and how many days you want to rest.

I personally believe the 5 on 2 off is the best schedule to have. But you have to use your P.I.s for this.

Newbies might be best to start out with a MWF training schedule for the first two weeks, then move into a MT, TF schedule. Eventually moving up to a 5/2 schedule.

Some people can get away with exercising every day. I think I am one of those people. If you're going to exercise every day, make sure you do allow for a full 24 hours of rest though.

catchup

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey Gator,

First off, welcome back, everyone missed you bro! I agree with the fact that your P.I's should guide your increase or decrease of workouts. I'm currently into my third week of JP's routine with a twenty min edging session without ejaculting on a MWF workout. This week I added fifteen more jelqs per set and fifteen more v jelqs, along with traction wrapping in sets of twenty mins x three on Tue, Thur., and a about 2 sets of bed fowfers every day for ten mins per set. Do you think the Decon break is a no no on JP's routine? Maybe JP could fill us in on any tips for Decon breaks during his routine? Or should we go by the rule of thumb on whatever would work best for the individual?

Kdub

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
A quick reply to conditioning breaks. In most sports related training it takes the average person 13 weeks to get the full benefits of a training program. After this the body adapts and resists growth/speed whatever your training for.

So in that respect JP's routine is roughly based on the concept of 13 weeks "91 days" which I think JP rounded down as it sounds better. I would say after this 90 day period a little 1-2 weeks off wouldn't do you any harm as long as you work back into it over a period of 1-2 weeks to recondition like Gator said. If your still seeing gains then continue with JP's routine, but I feel after the newbie routine its time to personalise your program more towards your goal but still using a good full workout similar to JP's.

e.g. if you have decent girth and you want more length, reduce the jelq time and introduce more stretching and vice versa. Also at this time, start to implement tools or advanced techniques. My 50 cents on that is also treat this like a 90 day intermediate routine. After that your good to go onto whatever program that you can handle. You certainly will be well conditioned and by this time experienced to know what works or doesn't.

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
Gator,

Very impressive routine, indeed. The progressive part of it is EXACTLY what I did when I started jelqing seven years ago, and I am convinced that this is why my gains kicked in during the fourth month when I added the stretches and continued this approach. I was extremely METHODICAL right from the start. You are so right about "penile intelligence." Our dick figures out right away and does all it can to adjust to the stress we place on it. Do you suppose we have a second brain in our cocks? He, he, he. My wife tells me so. Robin Williams jokes that our brains suffer because the blood is always rushing to our dicks. :D

Great to see you back on the boards. We've missed you. You are important to us.

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks G47x11

About deconditioning breaks -- I don't think there is any "set in stone" method to approaching them. Do I think it's necessary to have a decon break during your first 90 days? No, not necessary. Do I think it can help? YES. We've been reading about a lot of people going through plateaus lately; times when no matter what they do, they can't break a no-gain streak. Usually the only sure fire method of breaking this is some excessive time off (at least 2 months). I think if you begin incorporating shorter decon breaks early on in your career, there will be less of a need to take the long decon breaks later on. It's just my opinion...

Big O

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice thread Gator.
Wish ihad read this on day one.. oh well its never to late..
...goes to make a progression schedule.

calixto

Moderator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that was just an example, but either way, its grueling!

tenacious_d

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
can i add 10 vjelqs? then i add 5 per week. . .i will be doing 1 on 1 off in entire routine. is it ok? or 1on 1off for 2weeks then switch to 5on 2off. thanks.

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
can i add 10 vjelqs? then i add 5 per week. . .i will be doing 1 on 1 off in entire routine. is it ok? or 1on 1off for 2weeks then switch to 5on 2off. thanks.
Sure! Design your own program bro. The point of this thread is to point-out that you have to have some sort of progression and direction in your routine. The above routine is just an example, and as pointed out by NP, might be a bit extreme in its progression. It's just important that you don't get stuck in the same rut that isn't producing results.

jmath

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Newbies might be best to start out with a MWF training schedule for the first two weeks, then move into a MT, TF schedule. Eventually moving up to a 5/2 schedule.

MWF, MT, TF... What do they mean?

This routine makes sense. I had to stop my routine because I got a little pain at the base of my penis on the left side, my weaker side (curve to the left), so I stopped for a few days until I felt normal. Then I started with JP's routine and after a a few days this pain came back. I think JP's routine is a bit hard for a start if you do it complete, it says "Do a total of 150 Wet Jelqs and 90 V Jelqs" and he counts both hands a one rep. That is more intense than week 15 on this routine. I'm going to stay with JP's set of exercises but change the numbers to fit your routine.

By the way, I don't know if I re-injured myself or that last injury hadn't healed properly. And it's strange because it didn't hurt during the exercise, although I felt a little tension, and it doesn't hurt during erections. It just comes up as a tiny pain at the base, and I tend to feel it more as I think about it and worry, as if it's some sort of psychological pain. I don't know, I going to give it time just in case, maybe a complete week this time. I also have to sit for 5 exams next week son I'd better focus on them; the nerves they produce may not help either, so I'd better wait till I've gone through them.

calixto

Reaction score
I would try to stick with 2 days on/1 day off as much as possible. 1on/1 off may not be bad, but I have heard on here time and time again that 2 on and 1 off is the way to go.

tenacious_d

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I would try to stick with 2 days on/1 day off as much as possible. 1on/1 off may not be bad, but I have heard on here time and time again that 2 on and 1 off is the way to go.

ow. is it true? i will do 2on 1off. . . and by the way. thanks gator!

calixto

Reaction score
yes, 2 on 1 off is the general consensus.

Radiohead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I like this.

diesel121

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
hey jmath I had actually thought the same thing initially about the 90 day beginners routine. I had considered adjusting the numbers to ease my penis into exercising, but decided against it after reading so many positive results from the routine. I have monitored my bodies reaction to the 90 day routine, and after one month I've had only positive PI's. Once I complete the entire routine, I plan to take a few weeks off to decide what program to use to move forward. Great thread Gator!