Please learn from me

Closed039

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm a big believer in what Mike Mentzer has (had) to say. If you are not familiar with Mike Mentzer I strongly recommend googling his name and perhaps HIT (High Intensity Training). He basically says that you SHOULD go to failure when you work out, but only on one to two sets of lifting each day. In other words, he argues that it is better to spend 10 minutes at the gym doing a lift that completely fatigues and works your body than 2 hours in which you do not push yourself. His argument is that it only takes one or two sets of working to failure to stimulate the growth mechanism in your body, and that countless sets and reps is utterly useless.

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm a big believer in what Mike Mentzer has (had) to say. If you are not familiar with Mike Mentzer I strongly recommend googling his name and perhaps HIT (High Intensity Training). He basically says that you SHOULD go to failure when you work out, but only on one to two sets of lifting each day. In other words, he argues that it is better to spend 10 minutes at the gym doing a lift that completely fatigues and works your body than 2 hours in which you do not push yourself. His argument is that it only takes one or two sets of working to failure to stimulate the growth mechanism in your body, and that countless sets and reps is utterly useless.

no disrespect dude, but just re-edit your post . Only post here if u have experience .
please no disrespect

i dont wanna talk about the 100 theories made by business man . This is a thread about health and emotional balance, not about how to make a Arnold Schwarzenegger body .

Kmoney

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Help PLEASE!!!!!!

Help PLEASE!!!!!!

read all my posts that i made, you will see i actually care and want to help people, everything i posted here in this forum is from my experience, I never posted any theories, if u find that i posted theories, please ban me now

its all experience!!!

hI IM Kmoney and new to this whole thing jujst joined and am looking for a good workout plan, what excercises?

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
hI IM Kmoney and new to this whole thing jujst joined and am looking for a good workout plan, what excercises?

u asked the wrong question , you should of asked how can i learn about exercises and gain basic knowledge so i can start my own workout plan

Your first step is to go ask a personal trainer how to perform exercises . when ur done with that come back and ask another question (beware 50% of them dont know what their doing) make sure he has yearsssss of experience

calixto

Moderator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Just go buy Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding". Best $30 you will spend.

Its all you need for ANY program, definitely has helped many who never even would THINK of "body building" but just want to gain mass and/or strength.

That's why they call it the "Bible"...

calixto

Moderator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I will provide an answer, Mr. Millia.

Hemp oil is GREAT for inflammation, my conservative grandmother even took it when she broke her hip several years ago. She was walking in less than a few weeks, and swears by it now.

Just a thought. It is usually sold at all health-food stores.

millia

Senior Member;PEGym Editor
Well Done !
Reaction score
ORLY?!
Because this is my case, in my first year of college playing football I somehow developed it in both of my damn shoulders. So after I quit playing CFB I moved back home with my parents and started playing semi-pro football. After the first game I damaged my sh*t pretty bad and was out for 2 weeks (should've been like 4-5 but whatever :)) and now they're normal. When I lift I have to stay away from strictly shoulder exercises (shoulder press, military) etc, or else they get messed up. Also can't sleep on my sides because when I wake up its death.

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey how did you get rid of the tendonitis in your shoulder, if you did or didn't..

the tendonitis went away after 1-2 years. i droped the miltiary press and bench press. and focused only on one handed military presses (the right way, keep the shoulder into the socket while you lift it protects the shoulder) ...I also did pullups while keeping the shoulder tucked in the socket . I learned that from pavel tsasouline, i recommend his videos .....

so basically by keeping my shoulders down while performing a lift helped my tendinitis . If you have shoulder tendonitis , drop pushups,dips,military press etc and focus on one handed shoulder presses ...

if i can remember , i only did one handed presses and deadlifts, ... When my shoulder completely healed i began doing pullups and dips ...

peace... watch pavel tasouline videos ... he will teach you how to perform a lift the right way ... I think his video is called "power to the people"

millia

Well Done !
Reaction score
Very interesting because my specific type of tendonitis is in the biceps (Biceps tendonitis) and it is a BITCH. I will do some reasearch on this fellow Pavel, thank you

iKzX

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm so glad i have read this because exercise is literally my biggest obsession, countless times i have given up going out with friends and parties etc to go to the gym.
But luckily i dont get any pain yet, i seriously hurt my rotator cuff at MMA but i have since quit MMA because of the injuries etc.

To Dnice or anyone who would know, my shoulder (rotator cuff) has stopped hurting alot but my neck is always hurting (from MMA not the gym) but its mucle pain not bones etc, is there anything you might know i could do about this?

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
the tendonitis went away after 1-2 years. i droped the miltiary press and bench press. and focused only on one handed military presses (the right way, keep the shoulder into the socket while you lift it protects the shoulder) ...I also did pullups while keeping the shoulder tucked in the socket . I learned that from pavel tsasouline, i recommend his videos .....

so basically by keeping my shoulders down while performing a lift helped my tendinitis . If you have shoulder tendonitis , drop pushups,dips,military press etc and focus on one handed shoulder presses ...

if i can remember , i only did one handed presses and deadlifts, ... When my shoulder completely healed i began doing pullups and dips ...

peace... watch pavel tasouline videos ... he will teach you how to perform a lift the right way ... I think his video is called "power to the people"

i forgot to mention that you have to completely heal when you have tendinitis ,The tendinitis gave me rotator cuff pain . For tendinitis you must heal 100% , for rotator cuff pain you must keep the shoulders tucked in the sockets when performing any type of lift..
Rotator cuff pain will last a couple of years. Sadly .... Tendinitis should last you about 1 month . In many cases tendinitis comes with rotator cuff problems ...

IF you have lower back pain , stick to uphill running, it will slim you down and give u a good physique .

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
pavel tsasouline videos should be studied , they save you years of experience . Dont believe everything you read,dont follow him 100% instead watch him , try to understand what he is doing and why .

that is the only person i recommend . Mix his ways with your goals and you will feel good.
But i definitely recommend a physical trainer .. Knowing what your doing and why is very important . The most hardest part is actually finding somebody that knows what he is doing .

millia

Well Done !
Reaction score
Sadly I'm going on about 16 months with biceps tendonitis. I took a 3 month break from all activity and it didn't help (around this time last year) so I'm not too sure what's up with it. I know I don't have rotator cuff issues but at the start of my football season I did (in theory never properly diagnosed) pinch the fulcrum until my dad gave me a super anti-inflammatory and that seemingly fixed it.
I would get a PT but they cost $$ and that is something scarce in my life at this time, and I've been lifting for so long now that I just use the muscle and fitness website (I gotta double check) because when I want to work on a specific muscle I just look at the vids they got on their site :D

dnice

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Sadly I'm going on about 16 months with biceps tendonitis. I took a 3 month break from all activity and it didn't help (around this time last year) so I'm not too sure what's up with it. I know I don't have rotator cuff issues but at the start of my football season I did (in theory never properly diagnosed) pinch the fulcrum until my dad gave me a super anti-inflammatory and that seemingly fixed it.
I would get a PT but they cost $$ and that is something scarce in my life at this time, and I've been lifting for so long now that I just use the muscle and fitness website (I gotta double check) because when I want to work on a specific muscle I just look at the vids they got on their site :D

dont worry about it dude, if i was you , i would just stick to uphill runs , sprints, and ab work .... You will be suprised how your body will look just doing up hill running .....

oh i know 1 exercise that will save ur physique! ,,, that is deadlifts done the right way . 3-5 reps only! ....
Ask a powerlifter how to do deadlifts correctly! , it works the entire back , forearms ,abs, legs....

Last edited:

millia

Well Done !
Reaction score
Hmm not sure if I know any more power lifters. I know MMA fighters though?
And Florida has no hills to run up! :D Lol.
But I'm never too worried about it, I just stay away from isolated shoulder exercises. I post my workouts (when i do them) in my progress log along with my PE. But I do, do sprints and ab work. Not recently because I pulled my hamstring from a crazy weekend. But I wish I could run up hills, I just gotta stick to the intense heat and humidity for my running :(

TheSizeDoctor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Website
thesizedoctor.ecrater.com
Well dnice, very passionate and informative post. I'll think twice before I hit the track, then the speed bag after crushing weights super-set style. All that wear on the joints, yikes, won't be young forever, but even age is no guarantee. I hear 19 year olds complaining about early signs of arthritis :X Scary, I take glucosamine, heavily refined cod-liver oils and ultracoll (a combination types 1 through 4 marine-sourced collagen) and I have to say I've un aged my joints a lot and I do a 6 day regimen. I say, do anything you can naturally to avoid the long-term damage and try to avoid getting into Deca or any other hormone exit-polin. Keeping natural is tough, whether it be performance enhancers or pain-relievers, in your case. They all poison the liver and have endless side-effects to contend with. I say prevention is the key.

millia

Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm about to be 20 and I already have major joints that go Pop. Knuckles, left knee, right shoulder, left elbow, both ankles, both wrists, all my toes. I got a football body, doubles your age.

matt159

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hi dnice,
My Dad has told me that if I make 6 pacs in 6 months, He will buy me new Honda-Civic. Can you guide me anything???