Permanent damage, soft glans from Improper Jelqing. Warning and support group?

Rizzlesticks

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Let this serve as a warning to others to be careful not to jelq close or at full erection: it can cause permanent injury.

I foolishly jelqed at almost full erection back in early January. The consequence was a damaged vein running along the length of the shaft (not a superficial vein, but deeper into the shaft). The vein felt stringy or cord-like with a couple of bumps/knots along its length.
The damaged vein (or possibly an artery?) cleared up and resolved itself after about 7-10 days.
However, an accompanying major concern remained and has remained a permanent injury ever since: The corpus spongiosum (the glans and back of penis) remains soft during erection.

Of course I have seen urologists, but unfortunately they have conceded that traditional erectile dysfunction treatment isn't capable of fixing this unusual problem.

I'd like to see the beginning of a designated forum/thread for other people who have suffered a similar injury and now have permanently soft glans to discuss their experiences and possible solutions to help overcome the problem.

Whilst some people have reported some benefits from different procedures/treatments, information is very scattered. From exercises, to topical applications, to surgery; there are varying results. However, much seems to be inconclusive and disheartening.

I'd love to hear from all those with personal stories to tell, so we can share the information we have and work toward some sort of fix!

lilbigman

Senior Member, Member of the Month June 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
I see these kind of posts more and more these days. Guys saying they have this permanent injury of under-inflated glans. What seems odd to me is that I haven't noticed any others complaining about this during the first year of being here. Now all of the sudden over the last couple months guys are going down with this unusual injury left and right. There is no pain, and they have the ability to get erect, but glans are under-inflated. Isn't that normal? Or is it normal to have your glans swell and balloon? Idk, my glans have always been smaller than the rest of my shaft. And yes, kinda squishy, not rock hard like the rest of my shaft. Kinda torpedo shaped. Sure I can get them to swell with squeezes or use of a cock ring, but otherwise they are normally quite a bit smaller than the rest of my penis. Hmmmm, perhaps I too have this "permanent injury" I simply didn't realize it because it seemed normal to me. Oh well, guess I will just have to live with it and continue on with my "under-inflated glans". Wish I could help OP, but I'm just as confused about it as you are. :confused:

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Thread moved to Injuries forum.

Biscut

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
How is your pelvic floor? I had a similar problem but only with morning wood sometime back, I dont think it was a result of PE as I remember this occasionally throughout life. I would wake up with a 9-10 eq but soft glands. I havnt noticed this since increased kegal/ pelvic floor exercises.

My nonexpert nonmedical opinion is your body/subconscious is protecting itself in order for the vein to heal.

mikecares

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Did you stimulate the area after you injured it? Sex? Masturbation? Serious injuries would show up on a MRI or ultrasound. Abstain until symptoms go away

Rizzlesticks

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I see these kind of posts more and more these days. Guys saying they have this permanent injury of under-inflated glans. What seems odd to me is that I haven't noticed any others complaining about this during the first year of being here. Now all of the sudden over the last couple months guys are going down with this unusual injury left and right. There is no pain, and they have the ability to get erect, but glans are under-inflated. Isn't that normal? Or is it normal to have your glans swell and balloon? Idk, my glans have always been smaller than the rest of my shaft. And yes, kinda squishy, not rock hard like the rest of my shaft. Kinda torpedo shaped. Sure I can get them to swell with squeezes or use of a cock ring, but otherwise they are normally quite a bit smaller than the rest of my penis. Hmmmm, perhaps I too have this "permanent injury" I simply didn't realize it because it seemed normal to me. Oh well, guess I will just have to live with it and continue on with my "under-inflated glans". Wish I could help OP, but I'm just as confused about it as you are. :confused:

Unfortunately I did get nicely inflated glans with all erections, whereby the edge or rim of the glans was really firm before I suffered the vein injury after jelqing.
I actually even have a less engorged head in the regular flaccid state since the injury also. And this can actually be confirmed and undisputed because I am uncircumsized, and now there is a hell of a lot of excess foreskin hanging from and around the head of the penis. Picture it as a sock hanging off your foot that is a few sizes too big compared to a nice, perfectly snug sock!

There's also a bit of a dull ache down there quite constantly, and sometimes an itchy/tingling feeling. I often hear with any injury to the body this sensation can be related to bleeding symptoms?

I find it surprising that there could be any healing of the vein still going on as it is almost 5 months now since the injury occurred?? I'd love to hope so but it seems highly unlikely.

How is your pelvic floor? I had a similar problem but only with morning wood sometime back, I dont think it was a result of PE as I remember this occasionally throughout life. I would wake up with a 9-10 eq but soft glands. I havnt noticed this since increased kegal/ pelvic floor exercises.

My nonexpert nonmedical opinion is your body/subconscious is protecting itself in order for the vein to heal.

Yeah I have seen people bring this one up often and I do intend to do some work on the pelvic floor.
However, I never had ANY issue previously with erections, particularly this issue of soft glans. The difference in my pelvic floor the day before the injury, to the day after the injury couldn't deteriorate enough to cause such a dramatic erection problem. You can't develop weak/tightened pelvic floor overnight.
Unless of course, the erect jelqing - in that instance - damaged my pelvic muscles.

The obvious sign that an injury had occurred of course, was the damaged, cord-like vein running through my shaft.

Did you stimulate the area after you injured it? Sex? Masturbation? Serious injuries would show up on a MRI or ultrasound. Abstain until symptoms go away

Unfortunately I didn't abstain straight after the injury, more out of curiosity as to what on earth had happened down there. However, I did lay off a bit after that. I'm not sure that abstinence now, 5 months later, would do much as the penis has settled into its current state.

I appreciate the support folks.

aBone2pick

Senior Member, Member of the Month July 2014
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm actually beginning to wonder about this issue in a new light... Aapje, are you also uncircumcized? Because I'm the only other person on the forum who I've seen with this problem, and I am also uncircumcized...

I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't actually injured at all. Is it possible that the tight ess of our foreskin used to keep blood stuck in the head, similar to how a cock ring works? And after jelqing for an extended amount of time, we stretched out the foreskin enough that our erections no longer have thaf constant cock ring around the head? My foreskin is way looserthan it used to be... I really wonder if that's what caused the change.

Most of the circumcized members on this site can't relate to what we're talking about it seems... maybe because softer glans is actually normal, and what we had before was a result of foreskin being tight...

aapje

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm actually beginning to wonder about this issue in a new light... Aapje, are you also uncircumcized? Because I'm the only other person on the forum who I've seen with this problem, and I am also uncircumcized...

I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't actually injured at all. Is it possible that the tight ess of our foreskin used to keep blood stuck in the head, similar to how a cock ring works? And after jelqing for an extended amount of time, we stretched out the foreskin enough that our erections no longer have thaf constant cock ring around the head? My foreskin is way looserthan it used to be... I really wonder if that's what caused the change.

Most of the circumcized members on this site can't relate to what we're talking about it seems... maybe because softer glans is actually normal, and what we had before was a result of foreskin being tight...

I'm uncircumcized yes, but my glans is/was always revealed even when flaccid, but I still have my foreskin. I see nothing different with my foreskin, so I doubt this is the case (for me).

I always had a very nice engorged glans even without stimulation. And when I jelqed it would become even harder. One day during jelqing i noticed my glans didn't become hard anymore and I immediatly quit PE. The difference was huge. I'm 1000% confident it's not in my head like people say, cause I actually noticed something was wrong as soon as it happened, up till that moment I never even heard of "soft glans". One day my glans was super engorged and firm, the next day it was completely drained from all blood.

The most bizar side-effect I'm having since, is that I cannot pee straight anymore. My penis is pointing straight forward, and my pee is going towards a 65° angle.... something like this "./" (dot tip of penis, and / the pee). I doubt some psychological issues would make me pee sideways :/

Whatever we are expieriencing it isn't normal, and I'm pretty sure its cause of jelqing.

Orome

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The corpus spongiosum isn't supposed to get hard... if you can get and maintain a hard shaft (corpus cavernosums) then you're probably okay. If your corpus cavernosums doesn't stay hard (a problem I'm dealing with) that's a completely different issue. The corpus spongiosum inflates but stays spongy (hint the name) in order to protect the urethra during erection. Do you get pain during ejaculation?

jackjohnson

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Let this serve as a warning to others to be careful not to jelq close or at full erection: it can cause permanent injury.

I foolishly jelqed at almost full erection back in early January. The consequence was a damaged vein running along the length of the shaft (not a superficial vein, but deeper into the shaft). The vein felt stringy or cord-like with a couple of bumps/knots along its length.
The damaged vein (or possibly an artery?) cleared up and resolved itself after about 7-10 days.
However, an accompanying major concern remained and has remained a permanent injury ever since: The corpus spongiosum (the glans and back of penis) remains soft during erection.

Of course I have seen urologists, but unfortunately they have conceded that traditional erectile dysfunction treatment isn't capable of fixing this unusual problem.

I'd like to see the beginning of a designated forum/thread for other people who have suffered a similar injury and now have permanently soft glans to discuss their experiences and possible solutions to help overcome the problem.

Whilst some people have reported some benefits from different procedures/treatments, information is very scattered. From exercises, to topical applications, to surgery; there are varying results. However, much seems to be inconclusive and disheartening.

I'd love to hear from all those with personal stories to tell, so we can share the information we have and work toward some sort of fix!

Please post picture so we can see what you are talking about

hopefuldude1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Do we really need pics? He explained it pretty flawlessly.

Once again the dangers of jelqing rears its ugly head. I am more and more anti-jelq by the day.

Aang

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Once again the dangers of jelqing rears its ugly head. I am more and more anti-jelq by the day.

I don't do jelqing but, sometimes pictures help with understanding something. Not all routines/methods would have the same results for everyone, for me it's all about being careful and finding the one that works for you. :)

Rizzlesticks

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
It's not about the spongiosum getting "hard", it just isn't filling up anything like it did prior to the injury. It is almost empty, causing a flimsy, useless erection that deteriorates from this weakened state to flaccid in rapid time.

Rizzlesticks

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
JackJohnson has an infatuation with people posting dick pics. His post history shows five requests for dick pics in the past month.
No thanks pal, you can go perve on dicks elsewhere.

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score

Once again the dangers of not following correct procedures raises its ugly head, and a group of irresponsible people try to blame the excersizes instead of the perpetuator flaps their gums.... Do it right or don't do it.

m3232

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rizzlesticks. Back in this thread you said that you have never had pelvic floor issues so you can't just develop them overnight.
You are way wrong.
Most groin trauma causes the pelvic floor to spasm.
It would happen overnight straight after you injury.
Muscle imbalance.

jackjohnson

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Not the case sir . A ton of people lie about their stats or are trolls . It's a good way to weed people out. Moderators can check my account and know that I am not gay. If people want dick pics they can just google them . Good luck

Dr Pepper

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've suffered from this for a while. Had it fixed with surgery, then relapsed , have had a total of 3 surgeries. I get by now with pde 5 inhibitors. Might have a spongiography soon bc now my leak seems to be from the cs whereas before it was my sdv. I have pics up for all the skeptics too.

b_f_well

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hey Rizzle, did this ever fix itself? Do you have any pain in that area? Any updates on your injury?