PEGym GOLFERS!

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't generally become belligerent on the golf course. I've actually always been a calm golfer. But I have had some club destroying. Threw that putter in the lake, and snapped a few shafts in my day too. I try to avoid club beating though. It's a very expensive habit to get into, especially since I have a problem of having to buy $400 drivers with $350 shaft upgrades. Yeah...my current FT-9 driver has a $350 tour-only prototype shaft in it...Break that and I'm $750 in the shithole...

Closed039

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Gator have you ever played on Bethpage Black? I only ask because I am from Long Island and know that its considered a badass course.

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gator have you ever played on Bethpage Black?
I haven't played there yet. I want to desperately though but it's far away from me. All of those U.S. Open courses you guys have up there: Shinnecock, Bethpage, Baltusrol, Winged Foot..my dream courses to play. I have spectated Oakmont though at the 2007 U.S. Open :)

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Alright. I haven't talked golf for two whole days! So lets hear about your guys' craziest golf holes... This can be good crazy, bad crazy, or just fucking strange.

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
God I could rattle a few of these off...

Back in high school, I was coming off a great year and really prepared to make a run for the district and state title. District qualifiers came around and I fired a (-1) 71 on the first day which gave me the individual lead. The second day came around. Keep in mind, only 10 qualifiers moved on to the state tournament. I was on the 16th hole of my second round and I had been playing steady. Nothing spectacular. I was +3 for the day and in a very comfortable position to make it to states. I 3-jacked 16 for a bogey. Then I 3-jacked 17 for another bogey. 18 was an easy par 4 with a slight dogleg to the left. I ripped a drive over the dogleg and just had a wedge in.

I proceeded to SHANK the wedge shot into the trees. Chipped back out to the fairway since I had no shot at the green. I then airmaled the green with my approach. I chipped up to 5 feet. Blew the putt 3 feet passed. I then missed that putt, tapped in for an 8, which put me at +9 for the day and +8 for the qualifier.

+7 ended up being the cutoff to go to states. I would have made it to states with just a triple bogey on the last hole. Instead, I quadrupled a 370 yard par 4 with no hazards on it. Needless to say, I was not a very happy camper. I didn't touch a golf club for 2 months following that debacle...

pewannabe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Drive for show, put for doe! I'm in the same boat Gator, I can't put for sh*t

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Lets see...
One of my craziest took place on the 14th hole of the course I used to work at. Number 14 is was a really short par 4 (maybe only 310 yards from the tips) and I almost always tee up with an iron on that hole since it takes a really well placed drive to hit the green and lets be honest, my driver hates me sometimes. So to play it safe I grabbed my 4 iron to take off the tee and proceeded to fire a hozel rocket almost straight to the right of the tee box and wind up behind the lightning shack. I knew that I could still hit the green in two if I could get the ball up in the air just a little more than I usually do just to clear the roof of the shack so I decided to get greedy and still go for the green. When I hit the ball it rose nicely until it crashed into the very top of the shack and shot almost straight up into the air only to land behind some trees that guard the left side of the green which I would have to pull off a pretty good flop shot from about 100 yards out to get over. As I was approaching my ball I noticed an overhanging limb of the big tree that I was under but didn't figure I needed to worry about it since it was almost directly above me but as you probably guessed I managed to clip that branch and trickle just a little further forward than where I was originally. From there I finally chipped up on to the green where I 3 jacked for my 7 (triple bogey).

The funny thing was that after such a shitty hole where everything that could have gone wrong did I couldn't do anything but laugh. After that whole catastrophy I actually par-ed out the remaining 4 holes but it was definitely too little too late to salvage anything haha.

I absolutely hate the game sometimes yet I'm completely addicted it seems :rolleyes:

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever hit yourself?

I snaphooked a drive into the trees once and it came right back at me. Missed me literally by 6"...scary

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nope I've never almost hit myself like that but I was driving around the course one time and had a golf ball go right through windshield area of my cart and only miss me by a foot or so. That was terrifying!

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I drilled my brother in the back of his leg once with a skulled bunker shot. He wasn't happy...

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So I actually got out and played 9 holes today which felt awesome but I swear this game of golf is going to be the death of me. My round literally went; par, double bogey (ball OB), birdie, double bogey (another ball OB), par, par, X (3 balls in the same hazard), par, bogey. I only missed one putt all day from within ten feet but my stupid ass driver literally cost me at least 5 strokes just in balls OB or in hazards alone. And that's on 9 HOLES!!! How am I supposed to score when that's happening? Drive for show put for dough my ass haha!

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I forgot to mention on this thread that I came in second place the other day in my first tournament which was pretty exciting! Even better was the fact that I finished 9 holes at dead even par! The back nine was admitedly a little worse but it was still a pretty decent round :)

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention on this thread that I came in second place the other day in my first tournament which was pretty exciting! Even better was the fact that I finished 9 holes at dead even par! The back nine was admitedly a little worse but it was still a pretty decent round :)
Good job Cleave. I was taking some 3/4 shots the other day with my wedges and the pain was not too bad. Maybe I'll be coming back to the game earlier than originally planned. But, for now, I'll enjoy watching the Masters. What a first day yesterday!?!?! Watson, Couples, Mickelson, Woods --- can't get much better than that!

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good job Cleave. I was taking some 3/4 shots the other day with my wedges and the pain was not too bad. Maybe I'll be coming back to the game earlier than originally planned. But, for now, I'll enjoy watching the Masters. What a first day yesterday!?!?! Watson, Couples, Mickelson, Woods --- can't get much better than that!

I know! It was pretty incredible. I'm feeling like today is going to be most of the day devoted to the Masters! No classes and nothing better to do haha :)

Gator

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know! It was pretty incredible. I'm feeling like today is going to be most of the day devoted to the Masters! No classes and nothing better to do haha :)
I only got to watch the last hour of coverage because of being of work, but my roommate was keeping me up to date with some texts. Shame Couples and Watson sorta tumbled, but maybe we'll see Tiger and Phil go at it down the stretch...

Dustpan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Gator,
Who do you think will finish first at the Masters?

Koss

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have always loved golf, learnt it when i was about 5. Never got too serious with it though, and became more of a recreational guy, I can shoot a 90 on a good day, keep in mind I'm from Canada and we basically only play for 3 months a year.

And as for who's going to win the masters, I was really pulling for Couples or Watson but doesn't look like they have it in them.

I would not at all be surprised if Tiger shoots something like a 66 tomorrow and takes the outright lead. But if not, it would be nice to see a guy like Anthony Kim win it.

Cleave

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So Mr. Lefty the choke artist pulled it off... I'll be the first to admit that I have never been the biggest Phil fan but seeing him win was definitely a great sight and him hugging wifey tugged on the heart strings for sure. Was anyone else afraid that he was going to choke on like 17 or 18 too?

Wolfmesser

Well Done !
Reaction score
Ughh, I absolutly cant wait to go out and start plain golf, theres still a little bit of snow outside, and the course doesn't open till May or so. I wanna focus on gettin my handicap down from 10 to a 6 possibly, thats gonna be tough lol