PE for 6-12 months and stopping

cshaky

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I was wondering something, if someone does PE for 6-12 months lets say they gain 0.5 - 1 inches but then completely stops PE. Do they lose ALL their gains or naw?

djmotion

Senior Member, Member of the Month March 2019
Well Done !
Reaction score
Without a cementing routine, yes! and if going years and years without PE you will be likely to lose more gains. There are really 2 methods to maintain your goal size.

1. Use a cementing routine for 3-6 months. Usually going from your high intensity routine and decreasing intensity and volume over time until you are doing nothing.

2. Overshoot your goals by about 0.5" so the gains you lose should hopefully put you around your goal size.

I would personally recommend doing a light maintenance routine and if you do lose size then begin increasing intensity again to gain the size back.

Hailtotheburrito

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I am by no means an expert but from what I read here it also depends on the method chosen. Those that use the extenders such as myself and those in the research lost no gains after 6 months and stopping. I believe this is do to the slow constant tension builds up a lot of micro tears and one is sort of cementing as they go. But I am in the progress forum not the success forum yet so take that with a grain of salt :).

newbeginning

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I don't personally believe in cementing your gains. It's like asking a bodybuilder how to cement their gains. I do believe that after years of doing PE, you can lower the amount of work you do to try and prevent the gains being lost, but you have to always work. If you just started working out and are already talking about how to cement gains, then i'm sorry but the chances are you don't have the work ethic to make this work, especially as gains are very hard to get in the first place, so can be demoralizing.

kickinthemebs

Senior Member, Member of the Month Feb 2014,
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yup, I concur with most of this. PE has to be seen as long term/for life, if you want to keep your gains. Everyone is looking for a quick fix nowadays. If PE was easy, everyone would have a big dick.

I don't personally believe in cementing your gains. It's like asking a bodybuilder how to cement their gains. I do believe that after years of doing PE, you can lower the amount of work you do to try and prevent the gains being lost, but you have to always work. If you just started working out and are already talking about how to cement gains, then i'm sorry but the chances are you don't have the work ethic to make this work, especially as gains are very hard to get in the first place, so can be demoralizing.