• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

Opinion on strategy to beat PE

ted22

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and have found all the information on many forums to be super helpful. A little history of my problem: i have PE and have typically only last around a minute before PONR. I believe my problem stems from a combination of improper masturbation technique and being easily aroused. I have done a lot of reading on this page and have been actively trying to beat PE for the past month or so.

So far, I have been edging the last few weeks however I am not sure if I am doing it effectively. I almost always climax after edging about 10 minutes or so. I'm wondering if i'm reaching too close to PONR. i often have a good edging session and seem to push boundaries to see how close i can get without climaxing but inevitably lose the battle on each edging session.

Should i stay a certain distance away from PONR and practice with that first to avoid climax?
The bulk of my edging sessions is me only barely touching myself because I am edging at a very aroused state. Should i be scaling back a bit and trying to edge at a less aroused state? My mentality is that i should practice as close to PONR as possible but maybe i am just making this more difficult for myself.

Also, I am totally unsure if i have an overactive or weak pelvic floor. When i'm close to PONR i do get a few Involuntary kegels. Should i be kegelling or trying to reverse kegel around this point? I typically try to reverse kegel during the whole edging session however i can't really tell if i am doing it properly as i feel more of the muscle surrounding the anus push out rather than relaxation around the shaft. Should i kegel or reverse kegel as i start to get more aroused above a 7/10?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I am hoping to get much better at this as i always get frustrated after climaxing after an edging session

I am also stretching my pelvic area (hamstrings, glutes and hips to try and relax the whole area in general)

Thank you.

Paul789

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
hi, an overactive pf can be weak as it isn't being rested properly. I definitely wouldn't be doing kegels yet.
The stretching is good, and surrounding muscles, tight abs/stomach sucking can especially affect the pf. Trigger point release, yoga, deep breathing, meditation etc
Be aware of it through the day that it is relax and rested.
Read Amy Stein (Heal Pelvic Pain) or A headache in the Pelvis.

Stomach rolling massage on surrounding muscles is also helpful.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

As Paul suggests out of sex training is of great value . Have you read the stickies in the pre e forum?

I have a thread on edging progresssion that may be of value to you I will post the link.

PhilipKDick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Should i stay a certain distance away from PONR and practice with that first to avoid climax?
The bulk of my edging sessions is me only barely touching myself because I am edging at a very aroused state. Should i be scaling back a bit and trying to edge at a less aroused state?

I've discussed this with others here more than once and there's disagreement about this. Personally I try to stay in the plateau, which means constant thrusting and not approaching PONR. This is how I want to train my equipment to behave during sex. After all, this is how it goes in sex, you're plateauing the whole time, until you're ready to go to the PONR (which means no returning). Other guys have opposing opinions, so don't just take my word for it.

Some people have pre-E because they've lost access to the plateau, so keeping away from the PONR can only be a good thing for them.

Do what works for you personally, bearing in mind that sex is the only actual proof of progress.