Need worout (body) tips..

Z0mbii

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 18 and am overweight- 5'8" 170 pounds (not much muscle). Ive been working out and have noticed improvements all around with the exception of my "love-handles" (ironic name given to the part i hate to death). Ive tried everything from cardio, weights, and even yoga. I really want them gone by the time summer, beach season, comes around so i can impress the girl i like. I have a hectic schedule right now but do put time to workout for 30-40 minutes, 4/5 times a week.

Any tips to getting rid of those accursed fat bags? And if they can make my 'unit' bigger too even better :p

Keido

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Fat loss is primarily a nutritional thing. What's your nutrition like?

epsilon

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Over all except age, last June 2008 we have the same body mass and structure(height 5'8, weight 170), now I'm only 145-148Lbs, depends.

First your desire must be for you, for health. I jag not at constant speed, Sprint(if you cant your fastest) for 30 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds light walk or jog, do this for 20-25 minutes, stop when you feel pain in your legs, you legs might not be up to the speed for a while (It is said that this method could burn more calories than a constant speed exercise). Be involve in cardiovascular activities (Hiking, valley ball, basketball etc). Your aim was to loose stored fat and energy. when you reach 155lbs to 158lbs you can start doing muscular exercise.

Eat in morning meals, after every ten minutes eat a fruit, drink tea (In this manner you are maintain your metabolism at constant level not dropping off). In lunch try do halve your meal. lastly no meal after six.

Well that's my routine back then. It help a lot in my quest of losing weight.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: kingpole

Z0mbii

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Well i eat pretty healthy and dont have time to go out for runs but i do muscle/cardio exercises at my house alternatively. I think imma stick to my daily exercises and go slowly but steadily (maybe when i have time ill go for jogs).

Also, my sister bought hydroxycut which she doesn't use which she is willing to give to me. Do you guys recommend it for quicker weight loss, what are sideeffects, and how would it interfere with my penis exercises?

If i do take it im planning on just doing 2 pills a day (noon and night) instead of the 2 pills- 3 times a day.

billyglidejr

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
im cutting up rite now too, i wanna be way shredded for summer. dont eat any sugars that arent in fruit. (no man made sugars). keep well hydrated. cut down on red meat and pork, chicken and fish are the meats to lean u up. dairy should be a treat. also what i do, is if it wasnt growing or doesnt eat something thats growing i dont eat it. so if its not a plant or doesnt eat plants, its taboo. dont let foods get more then a step or two away from their natural state (i.e. theres a big difference from wheat and spaghetti). if you do these things not only will you get cut up but u will feal awesome. i feal like im getting younger every day. good luck.

Thimsile

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Eat more often in smaller portions, six times a day. I don't know about hydroxycut. You could use it if you want but if it doesn't produce results in a month then you should stop because diet pills are not a healthy way to lose weight. And it is very important that you keep up jogging and any other physical exercises. Good luck to you

SouthernJoe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'll chime in... im a personal trainer and a coach...

What do you have access to?

Weight loss is a nutritional thing. Nutrition is always 85% of the equation, fitness is the rest.

Here is how I will break it down.

Workout only 2 - 3 times a week doing resistance training using full compound movements (squat, bench press, deadlift, pullups, dips, pendlay rows, etc) keep it under 45 minutes to keep cortisol in check ( too much cortisol supports weight gain).

Lift heavy, I mean real heavy, for 3 - 5 sets, alternate your rep and set schemes every once in a while like 3 sets of 10 reps or 5 x 5, 3 x 5, etc.

Make sure you get plenty of "Active Playtime" (I hate the word cardio..) throughout the week. I prefer running or sprinting to jogging, keep it intense and short, go swimming, or play a pick up game of bbal.

Weight loss and fat loss (two different things) is all about diet. Eat lean meats, fruits, veggies and healthy fats (think avacado, nuts, seeds, olive oil). There is no difference between eating 3 times a day versus 6 times, it is all about calories in vs. calories out and the quality of those calories.

Stay away from sugar, processed foods, and grains. Carbs form these sources support insulin resistance and thus weight gain so cut these out.

Shoot for .8 - 1.5 grams per pound of body weight in protein intake.

Stay away from supplements like hydroxycut or protein shakes. You don't need these, they are just there to get you to buy them and make the supplement companies money. They are a scam.

If you have any questions just ask away...

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
"Stay away from supplements like hydroxycut or protein shakes. You don't need these, they are just there to get you to buy them and make the supplement companies money. They are a scam." (Southern Joe)

And they contain sucrolose and sucrolose makes you fat!

shane_syndrome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yea all hydroxy cut is , is the basic ECA stack (ephedrine , caffeine and aspirin )

look up GVT ... German volumizing training , i know a few guys that use it during cutting

Jelqasaurus

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Fat-loss supplements (Hydroxycut, Lipo-6, etc.) do not work (well). The ECA stack gets you shredded, yes, but as a beginner the last thing on your mind should be supplements (even though I can understand your desire for a lil extra help).

Here's your fat loss solution, put simply: Calories In < Calories Out

MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home -- check it out, get some info on yourself, and make up a diet plan.

Keep in mind the more fat-free mass you have -- specifically muscle -- the higher your basal (resting) metabolism will be. Weight train for this (I like SouthernJoe's suggestion of heavy compound exercises a few days a week). Although, I would not attempt heavy squats without first learning proper form. That could be a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, however, fat-loss can be defined as that simple mathematical equasion: Calories In < Calories Out. You can powder it up, throw a dress on it, and take it on a date, but that's all you should be worrying about at this stage. I wouldn't overwhelm you with information you may not need at this time. Of couse there are other factors to fat-loss, but just clean up your diet for now and train a lil harder (seeing as you're not seeing results).

Hope this is helpful. I don't want you to be like me when I first started working out years ago and feel beat down with the amount of info you're being given by people who already do it frequently.

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
There are some supplements that have value. Creatine monohydrate is one of them, and so is whey protein (avoid the kind with added sugars and fillers). Whey protein has one of the highest Biological Value ratings and is absorbed very quickly. In terms of cost per grams of protein it's also very cost effective. I've purchased 5 lb bags from bulk items stores at great discounts, and the net also has many online stores with great deals too.

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
There are some supplements that have value. Creatine monohydrate is one of them, and so is whey protein (avoid the kind with added sugars and fillers). Whey protein has one of the highest Biological Value ratings and is absorbed very quickly. In terms of cost per grams of protein it's also very cost effective. I've purchased 5 lb bags from bulk items stores at great discounts, and the net also has many online stores with great deals too.

Do you have a link to this bulk item store. the whey i use is pure whey, Very good stuff but very expensive. You see i don't like sucrolose it taste nasty so i get whey that is sweatened with stevia or xanthum gum.

Jelqasaurus

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

Lazy 8

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'll chime in... im a personal trainer and a coach...

What do you have access to?

Weight loss is a nutritional thing. Nutrition is always 85% of the equation, fitness is the rest.

Here is how I will break it down.

Workout only 2 - 3 times a week doing resistance training using full compound movements (squat, bench press, deadlift, pullups, dips, pendlay rows, etc) keep it under 45 minutes to keep cortisol in check ( too much cortisol supports weight gain).

Lift heavy, I mean real heavy, for 3 - 5 sets, alternate your rep and set schemes every once in a while like 3 sets of 10 reps or 5 x 5, 3 x 5, etc.

Make sure you get plenty of "Active Playtime" (I hate the word cardio..) throughout the week. I prefer running or sprinting to jogging, keep it intense and short, go swimming, or play a pick up game of bbal.

Weight loss and fat loss (two different things) is all about diet. Eat lean meats, fruits, veggies and healthy fats (think avacado, nuts, seeds, olive oil). There is no difference between eating 3 times a day versus 6 times, it is all about calories in vs. calories out and the quality of those calories.

Stay away from sugar, processed foods, and grains. Carbs form these sources support insulin resistance and thus weight gain so cut these out.

Shoot for .8 - 1.5 grams per pound of body weight in protein intake.

Stay away from supplements like hydroxycut or protein shakes. You don't need these, they are just there to get you to buy them and make the supplement companies money. They are a scam.

If you have any questions just ask away...

Great post! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for the contribution.

lolcopter

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Love handles are the byproduct of a high bodyfat.

To decrease your bodyfat, have a 200-500 caloric deficit, maintain a weight lifting schedule (preferably 3 day split with heavy compounds [leg/shoulders, biceps/back, triceps/chest]) with cardio 2 days a week and ab work 1-3 times a week depending on your ab recovery. Your diet should have 1g of protein per lb of body weight. Fit your carbs/fats into the 200-500 caloric defiti diet.

I guarantee they will go if you follow this. The caloric deficit alone will reduce your bodyweight. The weightlifting and the protein will make sure you maintain as much lean mass as possible so you won't burn muscle instead of fat. Also your metabolism will increase as you gain more muscle, leading to faster fat breakdown.

Its not easy but its a nice way to get a really nice body. :)

edit: i just saw the previous posts which pretty much backup/elaborate on what I've suggested. Damn, wasted a bit of time posting this when someone'd already done it! lol.

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Do you have a link to this bulk item store. the whey i use is pure whey, Very good stuff but very expensive. You see i don't like sucrolose it taste nasty so i get whey that is sweatened with stevia or xanthum gum.

I usually buy my supplements at a local "BJ's", which is a bulk retail store that usually has great discounts. They're similar to Sam's Clubs and Costcos.

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
The whey protein works great to start my day. Six small meals a day--2000 calories, plus three to five miles a week of lap swimming set me on a good weight loss routine. I eat mainly veggies. Fruit and cheese are my downfall. I tend to overeat them, so I do my best to stay away from them. They seem to set me to craving more. I think whatever food plan you decide upon, you need to identify the foods that make you want more rather than those that satiate you and cut your appetite.

Lazy 8

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 18 and am overweight- 5'8" 170 pounds (not much muscle). Ive been working out and have noticed improvements all around with the exception of my "love-handles" (ironic name given to the part i hate to death). Ive tried everything from cardio, weights, and even yoga. I really want them gone by the time summer, beach season, comes around so i can impress the girl i like. I have a hectic schedule right now but do put time to workout for 30-40 minutes, 4/5 times a week.

Any tips to getting rid of those accursed fat bags? And if they can make my 'unit' bigger too even better :p

If you need some motivation about losing weight and getting fit, take a look at the Body for Life website: Body-for-LIFE. The before and after photos are truly amazing transformations. Here's some information on how the BFL program works: http://www.webmd.com/diet/body-for-life-what-it-is. The six snack-size meals a day is a major factor in the weight loss program, along with hitting the gym to build up some muscle. Check out the routine: 5 sets of each exercise with progressive increases in weight until Set 5, with lighter weight, that really gets the muscles into maximum fatigue. It's worked for me, but my stays at the gym usually last 1.5 to 2 hours to get it all done. I occasionally have one of their protein bars or protein drinks just because I like how they taste, but they aren't essential to achieving results.

Last edited: