Max clamping time

Future ex-limp-dick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey men!

If my dick keeps being hard, with good color and normal temperature... can I keep clamping for a very long time? Is there a max recommended time even when the penis's indicators are all good?

Thanks in advance! May God pay it to you (as we say in Spain)!

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Based on my use of a tight constriction band I use with my vacuum erection device, I would say 30 minutes. But it depends on how tight your clamp. If not too tight, you can exceed 30 minutes.

Reactions: Future ex-limp-dick

Nowadays

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
My research says 10 minutes is ideal and 15 minutes is the max one could do safely because at 20 minutes of strangulation, tissue death occurs. That is no joke.
If it's so loose that you can lose erection and can kegel fresh blood, you probably could safely raise time under tension. But I don't know how time efficient that would be.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
Clamping and a constriction band are not even close to being the same.
seems you have no experience with an Osbon high tension tension band, which I find significantly tighter than a clamp.

PhallicPhun

Member of the Month June 2022
Well Done !
Reaction score
I only clamp 5 to 10 minutes. A full 10 minutes is actually pretty rare for me. I tighten the clamp until I can't get it to click any more without significant discomfort.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
seems you have no experience with an Osbon high tension tension band, which I find significantly tighter than a clamp.
Clamping should never ever be done for 30 minutes.

To suggest otherwise is wreckless

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I only clamp 5 to 10 minutes. A full 10 minutes is actually pretty rare for me. I tighten the clamp until I can't get it to click any more without significant discomfort.
This is a very good answer

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
The justification for adding time should be if you're making gains AND whatever negative effects you might get being manageable.

If you're clamping very tight with a high degree of erection, it would be good for you to take a short break every 15 minutes or so.

Future ex-limp-dick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Never exceed 15 minutes in my opinion. Clamping and a constriction band are not even close to being the same.
My research says 10 minutes is ideal and 15 minutes is the max one could do safely because at 20 minutes of strangulation, tissue death occurs. That is no joke.
If it's so loose that you can lose erection and can kegel fresh blood, you probably could safely raise time under tension. But I don't know how time efficient that would be.
Based on my use of a tight constriction band I use with my vacuum erection device, I would say 30 minutes. But it depends on how tight your clamp. If not too tight, you can exceed 30 minutes.
The justification for adding time should be if you're making gains AND whatever negative effects you might get being manageable.

If you're clamping very tight with a high degree of erection, it would be good for you to take a short break every 15 minutes or so.

The thing is my penis indeed gets too dark after 10-15 minutes but if I pump it for a few seconds it gets back to a normal color (meaning good bloodflow I guess).

If this pumping gives this results... can I use this method instead of always releasing the clamp after 10-15 minutes and putting it on again and again?

Reactions: BigO

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
No

Do not exceed 15 minutes ever

If you want more time, do more than 1 set but take the clamp after 10 to 15 minutes.

I personally don't go over 10 minutes per set.

Future ex-limp-dick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
No

Do not exceed 15 minutes ever

If you want more time, do more than 1 set but take the clamp after 10 to 15 minutes.

I personally don't go over 10 minutes per set.
Got it. I'm so glad I found this forum with experienced men. God knows how I would have ruined my penis experimenting.

Thank you!

Reactions: BigO

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
15 to 20 minutes is a good way to start. Once conditioned, you could go longer. After 10 minutes, sensitivity starts to wane and after 20 minutes, your dick turns numb. Do not let your dick turn dark.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of interest in clamping as of late..... especially on a couple other PE forums. Sadly too many guys engage in exercises they aren't ready for, being convinced it's the Holy Grail to easy gains.

I've said this countless times ad nauseam.... Clamping is an ADVANCED PE exercise. It shouldn't be done by rookies (newbies). Let me define a rookie for you..... anyone who doesn't have a minimum of 6 months of dedicated PE training (Hand stretching - JP90, jelqing, and traditional weight hanging (quality vacuum based device).

It takes a significant amount of time to develop the tissue maturity and conditioning that will enable you to reap the benefits of clamping.
I can think of numerous examples of other physical disciplines that require time to develop the ability to engage in and perform at certain levels. Nobody skydives from 15000' ft altitudes starting off. Nobody starts off deep sea diving at 200' ft.

Engaging in clamping before you're adequately conditioned / prepared leads to ruptured blood vessels and potentially a hematoma.

My personal clamping routine was typically 3 sets of no more than 10 minutes. Between sets I would do moderately aggressive jelqs.
My ultimate goal was to gain uniform thickness / girth throughout my entire shaft length. Which I'm happy to say I was fairly successful at accomplishing. I would often include pumping with my clamp work, and follow up with 5-10 minutes with my LGH Jelq Roller.

Double clamping and using a wider clamp that provided more surface contact allowed me to use less clamp pressures.

A section of silicon sleeve or Girth Band under the clamp provides an extra measure of comfort and prevents the potential skin pinch.

Attachments

• IMG_4169.jpg
    IMG_4169.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 10

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
I've seen a lot of interest in clamping as of late..... especially on a couple other PE forums. Sadly too many guys engage in exercises they aren't ready for, being convinced it's the Holy Grail to easy gains.
Agreed. Clamping is a very advanced technique, and even under the best case scenarios there's often negative effects (usu. discoloration).

IMO, other methods should be attempted first before thinking of clamping.

EQ should also be taken into consideration, as inadequate EQ is often the reason most have issues gaining girth. For as long as enlargement is the goal, it should also be the goal to get the EQ to as high a level as possible- even beyond what might be considered optimal for sexual function.

not2big

Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I always used a 1” wide neoprene ball stretcher under my clamp.

Future ex-limp-dick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

I've said this countless times ad nauseam.... Clamping is an ADVANCED PE exercise. It shouldn't be done by rookies (newbies). Let me define a rookie for you..... anyone who doesn't have a minimum of 6 months of dedicated PE training (Hand stretching - JP90, jelqing, and traditional weight hanging (quality vacuum based device).

It takes a significant amount of time to develop the tissue maturity and conditioning that will enable you to reap the benefits of clamping.
I can think of numerous examples of other physical disciplines that require time to develop the ability to engage in and perform at certain levels. Nobody skydives from 15000' ft altitudes starting off. Nobody starts off deep sea diving at 200' ft.

Engaging in clamping before you're adequately conditioned / prepared leads to ruptured blood vessels and potentially a hematoma.

My personal clamping routine was typically 3 sets of no more than 10 minutes. Between sets I would do moderately aggressive jelqs.
My ultimate goal was to gain uniform thickness / girth throughout my entire shaft length. Which I'm happy to say I was fairly successful at accomplishing. I would often include pumping with my clamp work, and follow up with 5-10 minutes with my LGH Jelq Roller.

Double clamping and using a wider clamp that provided more surface contact allowed me to use less clamp pressures.

A section of silicon sleeve or Girth Band under the clamp provides an extra measure of comfort and prevents the potential skin pinch.
Agreed. Clamping is a very advanced technique, and even under the best case scenarios there's often negative effects (usu. discoloration).

IMO, other methods should be attempted first before thinking of clamping.

EQ should also be taken into consideration, as inadequate EQ is often the reason most have issues gaining girth. For as long as enlargement is the goal, it should also be the goal to get the EQ to as high a level as possible- even beyond what might be considered optimal for sexual function.

I had read clamping could also be added to the newbie's routine once it was a max of 3 sets of 10 minutes.
Tbh, my dick is now working after 9 months out of order and I've seen nothing but improvements since I started clamping.

Btw, you guys seem to think clamping doesn't help with length but only with girth, is that right? I need to recover more length than girth but jelqing actually gets my fingers sore.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
Clamping should have some effect on length as well, though perhaps not as dramatic as exercises which stretch the basal ligaments.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
I had read clamping could also be added to the newbie's routine once it was a max of 3 sets of 10 minutes.
Tbh, my dick is now working after 9 months out of order and I've seen nothing but improvements since I started clamping.

Btw, you guys seem to think clamping doesn't help with length but only with girth, is that right? I need to recover more length than girth but jelqing actually gets my fingers sore.
If hand strength and endurance is an issue, you may want to consider our Jelq Roller. I know it's not cheap, but considering how it's engineered and manufactured, it's a great device that won't break and is guaranteed to deliver results! The only other jelq rollers available are either a Walmart jar opener or a weak plastic device with foam rollers made in Mexico that couldn't pull the hat off your head.
Length can be produced with a quality vacuum hanger.