Jelqing Injury Symptoms from Vaginal Intercourse - Please help...

CuriousCase

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a new user. I'm posting my story on this forum because something has gone wrong with me since becoming sexually active and the symptoms I'm experiencing are similar to jelqing injuries I've read about here. I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to read this and share some insight with me. I'm 31 years old.

Short summary of my story:
Having sex made my penis go numb 9 months ago and over the course of 7 months of additional sex it has become increasingly numb, particularly at the base and inside the caverns, excluding the head. The numbness has persisted for 7 weeks now with limited improvement.

Full story:
The first time I had sex with my girlfriend 9 months ago everything was fine. She was well lubricated and aroused and I felt great afterwards. The second time, not so much. She was really tight and about 10 minutes into it I noticed my penis was going numb. I went soft and was freaking out in my head while trying to get hard again. The numbness persisted. About 15 minutes later, even though still numb, I achieved erection and she finished me with a hand job which I couldn't really feel, but it was probably pretty forceful considering how much more numb I felt afterwards. The numbness was there the next day and the days that followed. It showed very gradual improvement with each passing day but full feeling has not returned.

The third time we had sex was 2 weeks after the second, I had regained very little feeling. It was rough and managed to bend the middle of my penis with a momentarily painful buckling motion but we carried on. The next day my entire penis was reddish and swollen and this lasted for 3 days. I don't believe that incident is relevant to the numbness I'm feeling today but I figured it is worth mentioning. I've read about penile fractures and what happened to me didn't seem nearly as severe.

The times we had sex after that were spaced at about one week intervals. They would aggravate the numbness. I would take off the condom and feel pretty close to totally numb. The days that followed each session would show gradual improvement of feeling that would then be lost again in the next session. As the months wore on my general level of feeling was getting less and less.

Over the course of the relationship which is now over I maintained hope that trying larger condoms, lube, and different things would fix the problem and it would go away. It didn't, it only got worse. I worried that I would soon lose so much feeling that I wouldn't be able to get aroused anymore. I was probably right. Last time I had sex I was still able to perform but I had 4 weeks of recovery time prior. My fear is that something is permanently wrong with me, that sex will make the numbness worse to the point where I can't do it anymore, that I will not be able to have a healthy relationship, and that I may wind up alone or worse.

I am on the above average size both in length and in girth, but nothing freakish. My girlfriend was on antidepressants and apparently not over her previous lover, as I heartbeakingly found out a couple months ago. When having sex with her it sometimes felt like at the entrance to her vagina was a tight membrane that I was penetrating, perhaps it was pelvic floor muscles or something. Whatever it was, it hurt. She would ask me if I was okay and I would say "yes, keep going." Perhaps I should have said "no, get off me, this is hurting me." There may be something wrong with her vagina or perhaps her lack of arousal was tied to underlying problems with our relationship. A couple times I recall pulling out of her and my penis appearing white as a ghost. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but it scared me. Those small blood vessels near the surface of the skin don't seem to get a good blood supply under pressure. Just pressing them with a finger evacuates the blood and it doesn't return very quickly. It amazes me that sex is even possible for anyone without causing penile cell damage due to constant pressure on these vessels.

It has now been 7 weeks since the last time I had sex. Sometimes I feel like there is slight improvement, other times like this morning, I don't. My penis feels rubbery particularly when flacid. The head somehow has reasonably good feeling still, so I feel blessed for that, but the shaft feels terrible. The entirety of the corpus cavernosa feels somewhere between 70% and 95% numb on the inside. It's a really wierd and unsettling feeling to move an erection and feel no inertia. The sheath underneath the skin near the head feels like it has experienced the most improvement in feeling over the past 7 weeks but near the base on the underside it feels pretty close to dead. The dorsal nerves and surrounding area also seem to have experienced improvement, but this is the main type of improvement I experienced in the days that followed each sex session, only to be lost again in the next. On the left underside of the base there is a tendon-like piece of tissue underneath the skin and I'm not sure what it is, but trying to trace it to where it comes from and goes to aggravated it and made it hurt. On the top side of the base, just offset from the center is a small bump that looks like a veinous protrusion or something that didn't used to be there. The veins on the sides appear aged. They are less smooth and jut out more. The skin is discolored as in darkened in the area that was sheathed by condoms. This area is also where most of the numbness is noticed. Usually I feel like the first inch of the base is fine when erect and the discolored area is where the numbness is but I believe this could be because touching hairs is more stimulative than touching skin. The corpus does feel less affected if not unaffected for this first inch.

I have passed the following medical analyses:

Urological examination three times, one guy said he didn't feel any scar tissue

Basic neuro exam
Nerve conduction study in foot (they didn't have comparative data for zapping penises)

Bloodwork:
ANA
ESR
Diabetes

I am currently planning to have a pelvic MRI and trying to talk my Urologist into ordering it for my brain and spine as well to cover the entire nervous pathway. Also, the brain imaging can find MS.

I am not on any medications.
I did suffer a back injury a month before the onset of the numbness. X-rays didn't show any spinal damage but they weren't very thorough.
I am tall and thin.
I am uncircumsized.

I am a generally anxious person. I hope that this isn't some sort of psychosomatic problem because that would basically mean I'm F'd in the head but I haven't ruled out the possibility.

I was abstinent and masturbated via sliding the skin on my shaft throughout my 20's (what a waste, I know). There was a time when I was around 25 that I was regularly masturbating and it gradually started feeling numb in a similar way to what I'm experiencing now, but the base was unaffected. I layed off my shaft by masturbating the head with lotion instead for somewhere around a year before the feeling approached normalcy. Years later it felt fine. I'm hoping that this is a similar situation. I'm concerned that even if it is, I have reaggravated it many times and as a result it may take much longer to heal, may not heal, or may not heal as much as it did last time.

At times I feel like the nerves for the corpus cavernosa have been compressed near the base of my penis and any nerves downstream of them have lost feeling as a result. It feels like a rubber band has been placed around the base of my penis right where the rubber band-like ends of condoms used to squeeze. I have felt slight nagging pain and discomfort in this area in recent weeks and am hoping that it the result of repairs taking place.

I will be glad to answer any questions anyone may have.
Please let me know your thoughts and please be courteous. I am really in a bad place.

Thanks

Last edited:

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
You jelqed 11 years ago with no apparent injuries till now and you think it has suddenly become apparent?

Anxiety seems to be implicated .

CuriousCase

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I think the numbness has nothing to do with my jelqing 11 years ago. It manifested itself during vaginal intercourse. I just edited the part about jelqing out of the first paragraph to avoid further confusion. Anxiety is probably involved but there are also observable physical symptoms that aren't explained by anxiety. Can you please update your analysis now that I've clarified my situation?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
Dear curious thanks for reaching out. Anxiety is very likely a cause here. Part of the problem with anxiety is the physical changes it causes. One of the main ones is tremendous amount to so of tension in the pelvic floor. Please read Hans Twilight's signature and follow the protocol excersizes. Very likely this will help. Be relaxed and gentle with yourself.

CuriousCase

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I had a feeling someone would mention pelvic floor exercises based on reading other threads. So you're suggesting that pelvic floor problems can cause chronic penile numbness that is aggravated by sex and improves gradually with time? What about the discoloration? What about the inflamed ligament? I hope you're onto something because it sounds like a simple solution, but I'm worried because it sounds too good to be true.

CuriousCase

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I read most of the Hans Protocol. The signs of pelvic floor disfunction that he has listed don't include numbness.

HansTwilight

Retired Moderator, PE Gym Editor, Member of the M
Reaction score
I read most of the Hans Protocol. The signs of pelvic floor disfunction that he has listed don't include numbness.

Numbness can occur due to pudental nerve entrapment.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
What is your penis girth?

CuriousCase

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Numbness can occur due to pudental nerve entrapment.
I have taken note of the possibility that pelvic floor problems are causing my numbness and greatly appreciate your insight. Let's see what others think.