• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

jelq question

ineedgirth1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have read a lot on jelqing, but I do have one question I would like to try and clear up. In all the information I have read it says to alternate your hands fairly quickly when jelqing. What I mean by this is when the leading hand is reaching near the glands, your other hand should start. Would the jelqs be not as efficient if you were to wait to long before you started second stroke. Is the goal to keep pushing the same amount of blood through the penis with each stroke and let the pressure drop back to normal and build it back up with each stroke? Or is the goal to build the overall pressure a little more with each stroke by starting the other hand while the leading hand is near it's end stroke? I watched the video, but that didn't really answer this question.

I don't know? Maybe I am overthinking it!
Thanks

Cernunnos

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have read a lot on jelqing, but I do have one question I would like to try and clear up. In all the information I have read it says to alternate your hands fairly quickly when jelqing. What I mean by this is when the leading hand is reaching near the glands, your other hand should start. Would the jelqs be not as efficient if you were to wait to long before you started second stroke. Is the goal to keep pushing the same amount of blood through the penis with each stroke and let the pressure drop back to normal and build it back up with each stroke? Or is the goal to build the overall pressure a little more with each stroke by starting the other hand while the leading hand is near it's end stroke? I watched the video, but that didn't really answer this question.

I don't know? Maybe I am overthinking it!
Thanks

Good question. And welcome to the Gym, ineedgirth1! :)

The idea is a constant jelqing motion, so as your leading hand reaches about 1/2 inch below the glans you should apply your other hand at the base. Just make sure to take it easy. I often wait a little between jelqs, everyone gets sloppy sometimes, so don't worry about it too much. The important thing is to have fun.

About your last question: I think it is a bit of both, probably. And there's nothing wrong with overthinking things, as long as you don't give yourself a migraine.

Last edited:

ineedgirth1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
thanks for the reply Cernunnos.

TallMan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think (and if I'm wrong I'll be corrected) the most important thing about using both hands while jelqing is to make sure BOTH hands are on your penis (simultaneously) as much as possible. The lower of the two hands (closest to the base) helps keep blood for draining out during the exercise.

Focus on maximizing your two-hand simultaneous contact, take it slow, and use a light grip. The other stuff will work out over time.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Cernunnos

Cernunnos

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think (and if I'm wrong I'll be corrected) the most important thing about using both hands while jelqing is to make sure BOTH hands are on your penis (simultaneously) as much as possible. The lower of the two hands (closest to the base) helps keep blood for draining out during the exercise.

Focus on maximizing your two-hand simultaneous contact, take it slow, and use a light grip. The other stuff will work out over time.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for sharing. I would agree that it is important to keep both hands on the penis at once. It would probably speed up results.

Good advice, TallMan. :)

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I don't know about keeping both hands on the penis during Jelqing. The basic Jelq is;

Start at the base of the shaft, as close to the pubic bone as you can grip. I found the O.K. grip with the fingers toward the floor to be the best, to get right against the pubic bone.
Jelq with a firm grip, up the shaft to the glans. Hold this trapped blood for a couple of seconds. Grip with the other hand at the base and start up the shaft. As you reach your first hand, release the first hand and continue with the Jelq until you reach the glans. Hold for a couple of seconds and repeat the process.