is a pump a good replacement for jelqing?

xxtempacctxx

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the title says it.

do you have experience with one?

is it a complement or a replacement?

how are resuts comparing only pumping, only jelqing, and both?

GTO

Retired Moderator, PEGym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Replacement? No.
Do I have experience with a pump? Yeh, I'd say so.
Complement or replacement? Complement.
Results? Since pumping is a supplement to a good manual routine, the results may vary (depending on the type of pump and how you pump). Jelqing is the foundation for building girth - pumps only aide in that process. But your cock needs to be well conditioned.

Take a look at some articles and read up on some routines. If you haven't started JP's routine, that's a good place to start.
Oh - Welcome to the Gym! :)

xxtempacctxx

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.

I realized what i wanted to ask is not weather it's a replacement, but if you can still make sustaineble gains only with a pump. Maybe less, but still. is it possible? and if so, mow much comparing with a full exercise program?

GTO

Reaction score
You can make gains with a pump only but it will limited mostly to girth and could (potentially, depending on your responsiveness) take a bit longer. Substantial? I'm sure you could - there are many guys out there that have made some pretty good gains via pumping only but again, primarily girth.

SumGuy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm not expert but I was using a pump a couple of months back without any manual PE and my EQ was dropping to the point thatI got worried and stopped pumping. Then I found this site and started doing mainly manual PE with the pump thrown in once a week. Too early to post results about it though.

GTO

Reaction score
Good stuff SumGuy! And you're right - overpumping or pumping without being properly conditioned will absolutely kill your EQ. Once a week is good until you are thoroughly conditioned, then GRADUALLY increase the reps.

SumGuy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that within a week and a half of some good manual PE my EQ was back above what it was before I started pumping so at least I don't need to worry about that. For a while there I thought I trashed my dick!

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
If you use the right technique, you can use a pump to improve EQ. Alternating the vacuum up and down (pulsating) is one. Read through some of the articles on pumping. Avocet8's routine for pumping with ED is another EQ improving technique.

Several members will disagree, but I feel pumping on its own will not generate cemented gains. Some great short term temporary (hours) gains and possibly some mid term (weeks) gains, but in my opinion if you stop, they will all dissipate.

Pumping is a great complement to other exercises. I personally combine pumping with extending (before and after), hanging (after), and clamping, (before and after). I'm not a big jelqer, but I can see where it would help before and after.