Iron supplements, have they worked for anyone?

BikeBeak

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I eat a mainly vegetarian diet and I wondered if I might be deficient in iron. Has anyone used Iron supplements to conquer ED or PE? Im wary of it because you can get too much iron. I could only find one mention of it here on Pegym:

I have started taking an iron supplement which contains 250mg Ferrous gluconate (iron) and 100mg B6, Magnesium 100mg, Zinc 15mg, and calcium 250mg. I am taking it twice daily, in addition to a regular multivitamin tablet. Feeling better just after 5 days starting these supplements.

- I am using IRON supplement due to restless legs syndrome and insomnia which is better now. (RLS happens due to iron or magnesium deficiency). Anxiety is also better and now there are no racing thoughts.

- IK's are almost gone. Now arousal builds gradually and it is controllable even with strong imagination. Prior to that it was not possible to edge using fantasy or imagination. I can edge for more than 20 minutes by using imagination and without reaching PONR. Seems like it is working. EQ is also very high.

Seems like the supplements are working to increase serotonin and other critical hormones.

I think these supplements are worth trying if you have anxiety, OCD, anaemia, insomnia, and you have severe premature ejaculation (cum within seconds of penetration).

https://www.pegym.com/forums/premat...-pe-3-weeks-using-vitamins-supplements-3.html

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Get a blood test.

Lack of iron is not a common cause of ed so far as i am aware.

BikeBeak

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Lack of iron is mentioned in numerous articles as a probable cause of ED:
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Iron deficiency:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ‘Low iron levels are thought to reduce the quality of blood flow and so sap energy,’ explains Radha Modgil, a physician in West London with a special interest in sexual health. [/FONT]

http://www.thehealthsite.com/sexual-health/eight-sex-life-ruiners-you-didnt-know-about/

Iron overload can also be an issue.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
A blood test for iron is easy and cheap . As a vegetarian it is worth doing . If you don't come from Irish stock and have no family history excess iron storage is unlikely .
Some general vit supplements are not a bad idea zinc and vit d are other that can be short and cause sex issues .

Vit d is another that can be taken in excess but you are low risk for that unless you are a sun worshiper who lives in the tropics.

BikeBeak

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I didn't realize iron tests were so easy. Thought you had to get the full spectrum. I have Vit D and Zinc here, so am probably OK with those.

Vitamin E will be the next one I try.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Oysters are a great source of zinc and a steak of iron, sunshine for D though there are some diet sources like fish oil.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
If you want a free iron test go donate blood they will automatically test your iron levels on the spot and tell you what it was if you ask (this is in aussie anyway).

BikeBeak

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I can't digest fish. Iron I'll figure out. Thanks for the blood donation tip, good idea.

I had amazing sexual performance a couple years back. Still trying to put together the pieces of the supplements I was taking. Vit E I remember clearly.

majorbig

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Once blood tested: Too much Iron: Reduce if you are eating any of the stuff below: If low Iron: Eat more of these.

Some of the best
plant sources of iron include: Legumes: lentils, soybeans, tofu, tempeh, lima beans. Grains: quinoa, fortified cereals, brown rice, oatmeal. Nuts and seeds: pumpkin, squash, pine, pistacio, sunflower, cashews, unhulled sesame.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Once blood tested: Too much Iron: Reduce if you are eating any of the stuff below: If low Iron: Eat more of these.

Some of the best
plant sources of iron include: Legumes: lentils, soybeans, tofu, tempeh, lima beans. Grains: quinoa, fortified cereals, brown rice, oatmeal. Nuts and seeds: pumpkin, squash, pine, pistacio, sunflower, cashews, unhulled sesame.
Uhhuh of course you could eat all this and the odd steak and be low iron . Nothing unusual about that . Too much iron in excess is unusal even in guys that live on steak.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that as many as 30 million Americans suffer from a vitamin D deficiency, making it the most common nutrient deficiency in the country. There is no absolute consensus among medical professionals as to the exact amount of daily vitamin D required, but the Mayo Clinic uses the benchmark of 600 international units (IU).
But how do we get all of this vitamin D, and why is it so important to our overall health?
The body derives most of the vitamin D it needs from sunlight (good old ultraviolet B rays), but food and supplements are also common sources. Regardless of how you get your vitamin D — whether from an afternoon on the beach, a bowl of mushrooms, or a pill — the body needs to convert it into a useable substance called 25(OH)D.
After vitamin D is processed, the chemical is dispersed throughout the body, where it is “activated,” and able to perform its two main functions: managing calcium in the blood, bones, and gut; and assisting with intercellular communication. Within these two broad categories, vitamin D serves many other functions. It helps the body absorb calcium, promotes bone growth, helps fight depression, encourages weight loss, and reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis, heart disease, and the flu.

majorbig

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I understand what you say now; I simply thought that he might have over-looked his diet: So what your saying is that condition is one of metabolism?

majorbig

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I understand what you say; I simply thought that he might have over-looked his diet: So what your saying is that his condition could be one of metabolism? I sometimes have an Iron deficiency but thankfully this does not effect in any way my PE gains although I have had times where no gains were noticeable; this could be the same with him.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Excess iron is fairly rare amongst meat eaters and extreamly rare amongst vegetarians . Lack of iron is common in vegetarians.

majorbig

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The lad is a vegetarian; steak is something he loathes.

BikeBeak

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Haha. I like steaks sometimes. I just go long periods eating no meat.

Bought some iron tablets today. No noticeable effects either way. Will be continuing updates this on my other thread.