Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Some are complaining about involuntary kegels when stimulated when the issue might actually be a natural response known as the Bulbocavernosus reflex. This is a very important distinction as one is a sign of potential strain/overwork while the other is a completely natural phenomenon.

Reactions: GizemliGüzel

spammer

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Some are complaining about involuntary kegels when stimulated when the issue might actually be a natural response known as the Bulbocavernosus reflex. This is a very important distinction as one is a sign of potential strain/overwork while the other is a completely natural phenomenon.

Involuntary kegels are not necessarily caused by strain/overwork. They could be due to over excitement, anxiety, lack of general fitness or probably other reasons. An important question is how does one distinct involuntary kegels from BC reflex.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
Involuntary kegels are not necessarily caused by strain/overwork. They could be due to over excitement, anxiety, lack of general fitness or probably other reasons. An important question is how does one distinct involuntary kegels from BC reflex.

You're correct- there are a number of reasons why IKs may be caused. There's a lot of confusion on this issue and it's easy to think one might have one type of issue when it's something else altogether- or even not an issue at all.

Jay1983

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2014, Sept
Well Done !
Reaction score
This BC reflex information needs to be mentioned in the premature ejaculation forum stickies, if it's not already. And I'm speaking on behalf of what I have suffered. It needs to spread like wild fire.

Thank you.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand what does this even mean.?

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Measurement of the bulbocavernosus reflex is used widely to diagnose underlying neurogenic disorders in erectile dysfunction. A prolonged bulbocavernosus reflex latency (that is more than 45 msec.) or the absence of a reflex response of the bulbocavernosus muscles during electrical stimulation of the glans penis is considered a sign of neurological disease. Since only a few experimental studies have been performed in man related to the neurophysiological mechanism of erection, and since the results of these studies were contradictory the diagnostic validity of bulbocavernosus reflex measurement was reassessed. We determine whether men with abnormal bulbocavernosus reflex latencies have concomitant organic erectile dysfunction as confirmed by nocturnal plethysmographic and rigidity recordings. The bulbocavernosus reflex was recorded in 90 subjects and 19 had abnormal bulbocavernosus reflex latencies. Of these 19 subjects 8 had normal nocturnal erections, thus, confirming a diagnosis of psychogenic impotence. These results cast some doubts on the validity of bulbocavernosus reflex measurement for the diagnosis of organic erectile dysfunction due to a neurological disease.

PMID: 2913351
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
If the glans is pressed, then automatic contractions should occur. An absence of reaction is not a good sign.

Note where it discusses a "hyperexcitable" BC reflex in reference to premature ejaculation. I think it's likely this is what's being referenced with genuine cases of IKs.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
genuine cases of IKs.Well you may be right . On the other hand they seem to have some doubt themselves this "should" occur .

Just because something commonly occurs in a western population does not mean it is desirable . For instance obesity .

It strikes me this doesn't happen with me but then I had DE . I actually added kegel contractions to reach orgasm I suppose I still do ,I can actually increase the tension in the pelvic floor to cause "involuntary contractions" to get a wet orgasm . Funny enough this is more difficult than dry orgasms .
Hmm I would like to know more perhaps the experience of a wider group of guys would help . The mainstream medical seems to not be sure.

Last edited:

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Since only a few experimental studies have been performed in man related to the neurophysiological mechanism of erection, and since the results of these studies were contradictory the diagnostic validity of bulbocavernosus reflex measurement was reassessed
Unquote
Then later
These results cast some doubts on the validity of bulbocavernosus reflex measurement

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
My view has been this in a "normal" guy kegel will develop at a "normal" rate and intensity taking him to orgasm at a" normal " rate .
Now in a guy with pre e the contractions develop quick and intense . Result quick orgam.

In a guy with De there in interference and the kegel do not develop properly which is at least part of the problem.

Now back to the "normal" guy the "normal" time to ejaculation is circa 5min . Which is fine but many members are not satisfied with this . To that end they do not want kegels to develop in the normal time period and intensity . To that end much of the info in the pre e forum is applicable to them since I deal less with if a guy has pre e or not and more with trying to get him where he wants to go.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
The BC reflex is a measure of healthy functioning. A lack of said reflex indicates a problem. When the issue becomes one of hypersensitivity then that could result in the excess spasming and lack of control some are complaining about.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
The BC reflex is a measure of healthy functioning. A lack of said reflex indicates a problem. When the issue becomes one of hypersensitivity then that could result in the excess spasming and lack of control some are complaining about.

Well the mainstream itself is questioning the validity of the measure .

I am unsure of the use of this and am looking to the wider membership for some guidance.

Polyorchid

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This is a great example of how little we truly understand about the workings going on down there.

The BC reflex, seem very likely a natural way for a man to unconsciously squeeze out and clear the urethra. Makes sense.
They even stimulated the prostatic prostate area in their experiment.

When the researchers talk about the guys who have hyper excitable BC reflex. Are those guys with PreE born with a more sensitive reflex, or have they trained up that reflex due to poor habits? Which you can train up a reflex, to make it faster or better. In this case the better this reflex becomes through bad habits that most guys have, at least from what the many guys have stated in Logs here seems to be a standard for men first starting out exploring themselves.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The relationship between the hyper BC reflex and IK seem to fit well together.

Why would a hyper BC reflex or IK trigger ejaculation in the first place? What's triggering it.

This reflex can be held back, I've always thought it was a light IK until Soft brought it up, I maybe mistaken whom, and I've spent along time trying to keep it from happening. Training myself to not do it. Which I feel has/did help a lot with my awareness and PF control generally.
It also hasn't felt to me that the BC reflexes were doing harm to my stamina ethier.

Anyways sorry for the walls of text. I just never felt happy not understanding something, it vexes me.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
The issue here is control comparisons. Where does one draw the line at normal BC reflex and IKs? Some of this is subjective, though runaway spasming and premature ejaculation would be two symptoms of irregularity.

mauro00

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
I've just read this thread and found out this is exactly what I am struggling with right now. I've been kind of a PE threads lurker since 2017, but I already have read a tons of threads about PE. And, because of the tremendous amounts of links leading to another links, I never came at this part of the stickies.
So, does anyone has a method/technique to solve hyperexcitable BCR, just as IKs issues? Or do I need to simply continue edging and working on the methods of relaxing the PF (meditative RK, hindi squats etc)?
anyways, sorry for the long post and the bad english
Tnks!

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
A hyperexcitable bcr is runaway ik. Al and I are basicly arguing at what point one should call it that and not normal response.
Though I admit to some doubt on the bcr response thing .

So for a more controlled response continue as before.

Tanzanas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So for example if one compress glans the bc slightly contracts the penile inside pubic area its considered normal response? If yes then another question does these responses can cause pre e?