If girl talks little while chatting, will she be the same while talking in person?

Dardoch

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
The girl i'm currently chatting with basically every other day, always responds with very short 1-3 word short replies. At first i thought that she's not interested at all cause girls usually act like that when they don't care and want you to stop contacting them right? I asked her if she's like this with everyone and she told me yes... So i'm not even sure anymore if she's just shy or.. The thing is, she always responds to my questions, doesn't matter how frequently i text her. We haven't met yet so I asked her today: "on a scale 1 to 10, what are the chances that we are getting a coffe together anytime soon?" and she replied with 6-7 :)) So i can assume she's somewhat interested in me. I just wonder why are her replies so short even to open-ended questions? I just hope she won't act the same during our first date if that happens...

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Are you talking or texting?

closed251

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2016
Well Done !
Reaction score
Is it during when she is at work or school?

hm42

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Maybe she is just a boring girl and has nothing to say

Dardoch

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Is it during when she is at work or school?

She's like that anytime i messaged her. Well maybe she's a little bit more talkative late in the evening.

Dardoch

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Allright, i forgot to mention the most important thing here. She actually DOES currently have a boyfriend. The thing is, i found her on a dating app and ended up messaging her. The next day i added her on facebook and found out that she's actually in a relationship. When i asked her about that, she replied with "what boyfriend?". She seems to be hiding the fact that she currently has one so there's definitely something wrong between them. Either she's bored of him or is about to break-up. This is the main reason why i've been playing this thing slow with the first date thing. Opinions?

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Oh she has a boyfriend? So you wanna get beat up? You mean you can't find a single one? Hit me up with a call; I know lots of them.

hm42

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yeah you need to slow down! Finding her on facebook and adding her before even meeting her could be taken as being creepy.. Just my humble opinion......

proactive

Senior Member, Member of the Month ? 2017
Well Done !
Reaction score
Clear up the boyfriend thing with her first. It's possible she's just weighing out her options. Will leave you on the hook until she can make a decision on which "boyfriend" to go with.

KMWylie

TheBiohacker Hero
Reaction score
There could be a variety of reasons why her replies are so short:

1. She's just not into texting. I have a friend like this. If I call her or we're face-to-face, you can't get her to shut up. :-D But, if I text her, her answers are always super-short because she doesn't like texting.

2. This is just how she communicates via text and doesn't see it as short answers. You have to remember there's an increasing number of people who grew up communicating via abbreviations and emojis. Typing full sentences is uncommon for them.

3. She's busy when she texts back. She wants to respond in a timely manner, but she has other things going on in her life on the other side of her cell phone that means she can't give really long responses.

4. She's only slightly interested in you. Honestly, a 6 or 7... that's not that great. So, she's putting in the amount of effort that she feels (either consciously or subconsciously) that is equal to her interest level. If you're always the one asking her questions and engaging her in conversation (AKA she never texts you first or asks you about things), then this is the most likely situation.

My suggestion - stop wasting time with texts. ask her to meet you for coffee. Ask her what days/times work best for her. If she can't give you any definitely dates - then there's your answer. If she says she's really busy right now, so doesn't know her schedule, simply tell her, "I completely understand. I'd like to meet up. When you have some free time in your schedule, let me know."

Then don't text her again, unless she texts you first.

Norwaydude

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct. 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think you should blast her with dickpics! A lot of them! Send some to her boyfriend while youre at it! I cant see how this could turn out wrong.

Ultimate Burrito

Moderator, Member of the Month Oct 2017, PEGym He
Reaction score
I agree with Kim. I don't think "No risk, no reward" applies to this situation. If you enjoy a life filled with drama though, she's gonna be perfect! :thumb:

TheGreatDivider

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
If you have to ask then she's just not that into you. You can't force her to like you if she does not want to invest in the conversation.

Ultimate Burrito

Moderator, Member of the Month Oct 2017, PEGym He
Reaction score
Hehehe... when you and her hang out get her phone and text her boyfriend saying "It's over between us. I met this guy who's got a nicer burrito courtesy of PEGYM. #upgrade" :thumb::becky: