I have healed my HF 7 times in a year- Here is what I have learned

theisland

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
After countless hours of research I’ve been able to pin down the cause of my initial injury. I took a 300 mg thc gummy with 7 grams of mushrooms which caused my body to uncontrollably spasm for 3 hours and ultimately injure during sex. It was an IC injury and I had all the classic HF symptoms.

Most of my info on the injury came from RomeroMD. This is an IC injury and although there are many causes, the strategies I’ve used apply to all. Marijuana causes contracture of the smooth penile muscle, and my continued use after my acute injury did not allow me to heal. He talks about this in his long thread. You can find all my info on previous threads but will try to summarize.

the major healer for me has been fasting. When you fast (nothing but water), your igf-1 levels decrease dramatically.
The power of fasting is immense and giving your body a break from Digesting food (4-10 days) allows the body to focus on healing. When igf levels decrease, stem cell production ramps up. Upon refeeding ( high protein), the stem cells get directed to the site of injury.
after some of My IC injuries, the perineum is sore and swollen. This always disappears upon refeeding of a 5-10 day fast.

two other things are crucial during the fast and refeed: do
not touch your penis… no masturbating or sex or erections if you can hold them off (fasting helps). You can’t heal a strained glute if you keep squatting, the pelvic floor muscles are no different. Next is the PNS. This means no caffeine, tea, alcohol, weed, coffee, drugs, etc… anything that activates the SNS will keep that muscle contracting and will keep aggravating it. We need to eliminate CNS stimulants and breath/meditate to activate the PNS. You can’t heal if your PNS is not active and we need it turned on as much as possible.

you can do these things and you will likely heal this injury. Other things I’ve done that have correlated with times I have healed this are (remember correlation does not equal causation but these might have an impact):
-stretching
-foam rolling
-5 g’s for blood flow after the fast
-mct oil (this ones very odd, this might be cause I have bacterial prostatis which is maybe one reason I always reinjure)
-reverse kegel
-IC training and Angion method(for EQ after you heal, wait until pain, swelling and symptoms disappear for 1-2 weeks)
-eating healthy. What is healthy is individual but I’d recommend whole foods only (meat, veggies and fruit).
-heat therapy
-cold therapy in acute phase
-massage to remodel scar tissue
-posture work
-weightlifting
-red light therapy
-diaphragmatic breathing

my issue happens to be me reinjuring it constantly. I say 7 times but 3 of those were minor reinjuries which did not take much time to heal, so saying I healed it 4 times may be more accurate. Romero gives a timeline of not touching his penis or ejaculating for 6 weeks but my strategy to heal is more intensive and the fast allows this healing process to speed up. Be careful after the fast to start working out very lightly and avoid any involuntary kegels.

reasons I might be reinjuring my IC:

-two of the major injuries after the first one might be from overworking my IC muscle. I notice a massive increase in EQ from the IC holds and Erect RK’s. Girth, hardness and angle… but overworking any muscle is bad and I have learned the hard way.

-I surprisingly have been in a bad phase where I have been abusing magic mushrooms. I have been on them during all 4 of my major injuries and it could be my overactive SNS causing too many kegels leading to injury. I am ceasing my use of these.

-posture and muscular imbalance. I am a workout freak but ignored my core muscles. This led to my pelvic floor overcompensating for the weak core. I also fixed a slight anterior pelvic tilt and posture issue.

-possible prostatis infection. I have been curing a bout of Candida and might have sibo and/or a prostatis infection which could be creating pressure in my pelvic floor and leaving me susceptible to reinjury.

-I am an anxious person and put too much pressure on myself during sex. This one is odd since I’ve had the same partner for the past 16 months, but I have injured it during sex every time.

-this last part might explain everything. I healed my HF from January to May of this year. This was my longest period I had healed. My girth had never been better and I was PEing almost every day. EQ was a 10 daily and I was giving my lady the best orgasms ever. In May she was riding me (she has vertigo and gets dizzy), I slipped out and she bent my dick downwards very badly. There was a bend downwards and I had all the Hf symptoms again but this time I think it was another muscle I had injured (BC and/or PC). Once healed, PE in a minor form does not cause a problem (straight out stretching is best). I healed this after a fast and all was back to normal until I used a cock ring which was too tight and caused me to reinjure it again. This caused nerve damage which has healed since. This has been the hardest injury to recover from and feel like I am finally close to 100%.

so healing this is the easy part for me and I have healed this for long enough periods to know I had truly healed it. For some reason, people who get this are more susceptible to reinjury. This is what I need to discover and I think I am getting close. Any input on people who haven’t reinjured after healing is appreciated, but I will figure this out eventually.

sorry for the long post. I know how this has impacted my mental health and it legit takes a 180 once healed. I just want to help anyone I can, feel free to PM and if you can add anything please do.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmbitiousGrower

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Hey man. How are you doing? I believe SIBO caused bacterial chronic prostatitis in my case. I have extremely bad HF at the moment and have noticed the best results when I fast, eat only meat, and smoke marijuana. Marijuana allows me to relax to a much higher degree which "untenses" my tense body.

watersnake

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thats probably all from penile fracture.