Heat/Massage Post Injury :: Personal Recovery Story

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was reading through some injury posts around the web and one person asked for my advice, so I figured I would post my injury story here and how I was able to make an effective recovery.

About 12 years ago I was doing PE and felt "A Pop" with some sharp pain the first time I ever did cable clamping. My dick suddenly got rock hard, but after my erection subsided, my EQ was horrible and my dick was very sore.

I just remember being scared and full recovery didn't seem to be happening on its own. I remember browsing the forums looking for some way to fix my problem. All I was told was to rest, but I felt like I had to do something, so I started researching sports injuries and came across an article about massage healing scar tissues.

I decided to try massage and I found this seems to work on your penis as well. I've taken a lot of things from sports science and applied the concepts to PE.

FYI the penis essentially has 5 main types of tissues. Massage should work well on Smooth Muscle and Spongy Tissue injuries based on personal experience. Not sure I would recommend this for ligament or blood vessel injuries. It might work for nerve injuries, but I can't say from experience.

1.) Tunica/Ligaments
2.) Smooth Muscle Tissue
3.) Spongy Tissue
4.) Blood Vessels
5.) Nerves

If you've incurred an injury from a girth exercise such as clamping, jelqing, ulis, etc. without any discoloration, you probably have an injury to your smooth muscle tissue or spongy tissue. There may also be some slight affect on the nervous system as well.

What worked best for my recovery was heat and massage. I followed a regimen similar to this:

Stage 1:
Heat & Rest for one week. 10-15 minutes heat with a rice sock once or twice daily. Don't touch your dick until things seem to calm down and you seem to be on the road to recovery.

Stage 2:
10-15 minutes heat with a rice sock, followed by 5-10 minutes light massage. Use your fingertips to gently massage the areas that were tender. If you feel any tingling or sharp pains stop immediately and return to stage 1. Slight tenderness or dull ache is okay, but tingling is almost always bad. Heat should be applied daily. Massage should be done based on your physiological indicators or PIs. If you are sore the day after massage, do not massage that day, if you are sore two days after massage, rest until you've recovered and then massage with less intensity. You should be recovering in 1-2 days from your massage.

Stage 3:
10-15 minutes heat with rice sock, 5-10 minute light massage, edge for 15-30 minutes. Edging should be done based on your physiological indicators.

If you are sore the day after edging, heat only the next day.
The second day, heat + plus massage if not sore.
Third day you can edge again if not sore.

Post Stage 3:
When you can edge daily and your EQ is back to normal you are considered recovered.

If you choose to continue PE, the only two exercises I would consider adding at this point is light static stretches and fully flaccid jelqs (which aren't a whole lot different than half a massage half a stretch when done correctly)

Unfortunately most of the people who end up here got overzealous because PE was working, or were not taught how to do the exercises correctly and safely. Tingling/a twinge/numbness are all really bad PIs. Every major injury I've had began with tingling/numbness that I ignored during my workout.

I'd love to hear if this works for anyone else. Injuring your member doing PE is really scary. Hope this helps someone else.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was reading through some injury posts around the web and one person asked for my advice, so I figured I would post my injury story here and how I was able to make an effective recovery.

About 12 years ago I was doing PE and felt "A Pop" with some sharp pain the first time I ever did cable clamping. My dick suddenly got rock hard, but after my erection subsided, my EQ was horrible and my dick was very sore.

I just remember being scared and full recovery didn't seem to be happening on its own. I remember browsing the forums looking for some way to fix my problem. All I was told was to rest, but I felt like I had to do something, so I started researching sports injuries and came across an article about massage healing scar tissues.

I decided to try massage and I found this seems to work on your penis as well. I've taken a lot of things from sports science and applied the concepts to PE.

FYI the penis essentially has 5 main types of tissues. Massage should work well on Smooth Muscle and Spongy Tissue injuries based on personal experience. Not sure I would recommend this for ligament or blood vessel injuries. It might work for nerve injuries, but I can't say from experience.

1.) Tunica/Ligaments
2.) Smooth Muscle Tissue
3.) Spongy Tissue
4.) Blood Vessels
5.) Nerves

If you've incurred an injury from a girth exercise such as clamping, jelqing, ulis, etc. without any discoloration, you probably have an injury to your smooth muscle tissue or spongy tissue. There may also be some slight affect on the nervous system as well.

What worked best for my recovery was heat and massage. I followed a regimen similar to this:

Stage 1:
Heat & Rest for one week. 10-15 minutes heat with a rice sock once or twice daily. Don't touch your dick until things seem to calm down and you seem to be on the road to recovery.

Stage 2:
10-15 minutes heat with a rice sock, followed by 5-10 minutes light massage. Use your fingertips to gently massage the areas that were tender. If you feel any tingling or sharp pains stop immediately and return to stage 1. Slight tenderness or dull ache is okay, but tingling is almost always bad. Heat should be applied daily. Massage should be done based on your physiological indicators or PIs. If you are sore the day after massage, do not massage that day, if you are sore two days after massage, rest until you've recovered and then massage with less intensity. You should be recovering in 1-2 days from your massage.

Stage 3:
10-15 minutes heat with rice sock, 5-10 minute light massage, edge for 15-30 minutes. Edging should be done based on your physiological indicators.

Post Stage 3:
When you can edge daily and your EQ is back to normal you are considered recovered.

If you choose to continue PE, the only two exercises I would consider adding at this point is light static stretches and fully flaccid jelqs (which aren't a whole lot different than half a massage half a stretch when done correctly)

Unfortunately most of the people who end up here got overzealous because PE was working, or were not taught how to do the exercises correctly and safely. Tingling/a twinge/numbness are all really bad PIs. Every major injury I've had began with tingling/numbness that I ignored during my workout.

I'd love to hear if this works for anyone else. Injuring your member doing PE is really scary. Hope this helps someone else.
This is pretty much the way I would advise someone with an injury

Great post!

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks Big O. Lately it seems like more and more people are finding out about PE from the wrong places. The Reddit forums just aren't organized enough for anyone to really learn anything properly. So many people have stories like I didn't use hardly any force, but they were doing something crazy for a beginner like erect jelqing or cable clamping, water pumping.

The sad thing is that people now think jelqing is dangerous. But when done properly is the safest way to get conditioned for all the best girth exercises.

FNF Man

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So what is the exact correct way to do JP’s 90 day conditioning? I only see in his post “don’t go at these with any force”. So after the warm up when I start to do the stretch portion, when I pull out in any direction when should the pull stop? I’ve been staring the pull very slow and stopping when it feels like it stops on its own, I try not to pull any past that but I’m turtling like crazy after 2-3 directions. I’m assuming that’s not a desired effect. Also I’ve been jelqing and my pressure is about half the mass of my shaft? Hard to explain but I’m not crimping down to awful hard. Post jelq I only have a nice full hang for 10 mins or so then I get kinda stiff internal feeling and return back to my normal flaccid. I’m 2 weeks into it doing 1 on 1 off and I stopped to just heat and massage for a few days until I learn the correct force needed

MrMaxim

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

1.) Tunica/Ligaments
2.) Smooth Muscle Tissue
3.) Spongy Tissue
4.) Blood Vessels
5.) Nerves

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Post Stage 3:

Please read my post, what do you think about this?
I am having trouble getting an erection after manual penile stretching exercises..

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting an erection after manual penile stretching exercises..

So after reading your thread amongst other things. I think what happened is you did an aggressive stretching routine just starting out. Your mistake was continuing to do stretching exercises.

Your problem is that your smooth muscle tissue didn't grow with your tunica or you sprained your smooth muscle tissue and it hasn't healed. What could have also happened is you were doing all your jelqing with one hand instead of alternating. Lastly there could have been some traumatic event that occurred during a workout or during rough sex shortly after a very intense workout.

Part of the issue here is that you never mention any traumatic events, so I'm leaning towards an overly aggressive length training as a beginner without any girth to compliment it. This eventually led to worse and worse erection quality.

I would recommend the same thing I tell everyone else, to start with just massage every other day for 5 minutes. If there is additional pain or soreness rest an extra day until there is no additional pain or soreness. If there is no additional pain or soreness the next day for 2 or 3 massage sessions you can go to every day.

Again if there is no additional pain or soreness for 2-3 massage sessions you can go up to 10 minutes of massage every day. 2-3 more successful sessions you can go to 15 minutes.

After a full week of successful 15 minute massage sessions with no pain or soreness, take a couple of days off. Then do a massage session with 5-10 minutes of edging. Take the next day off. If there is additional soreness the following day take another day off until soreness is gone.

What you need to do is continue building up an edging routine going slowly paying close attention to soreness. If you are sore, you need rest to heal. If you are still sore you aren't healing. The purpose of the massage is to breakup scar tissue after you heal. Massage isn't meant to be rough, these aren't your back muscles. Be gentle. If there is scar tissue that you can feel and you think is stubborn and isn't going away from your massage sessions you can use a little more force, but take the next day off if you do.

The edging sessions are most likely going to make your weak side sore. Patience is going to be important here. The edging sessions could be very intense because your tunica has outgrown your smooth muscle tissue and it's going to stretch it intensely. Your first sessions shouldn't be to shoot for a rock hard erection. It should just be to get it relatively full and maintain that for a few minutes. No squeezes, stretches or jelqing for now. Just doing edging should be a significant girth workout for your condition.

After a while you should see slow improvements in erection quality. Ideally your length will shrink slightly, but you will regain your erection quality. This is your initial goal to healing. Slight loss of gains, but improved erection quality is your goal.

When your erection quality is consistently good for two weeks, then you can consider doing a very light workout consisting of very light stretches, edging, and potentially some very light girth exercises. Every workout should always end with a 10-20 minutes of edging. If I cannot achieve an erection immediately following a workout, then I know my workout was too aggressive.

Reactions: MrMaxim

MrMaxim

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So after reading your thread amongst other things. I think what happened is you did an aggressive stretching routine just starting out. Your mistake was continuing to do stretching exercises.

Your problem is that your smooth muscle tissue didn't grow with your tunica or you sprained your smooth muscle tissue and it hasn't healed. What could have also happened is you were doing all your jelqing with one hand instead of alternating. Lastly there could have been some traumatic event that occurred during a workout or during rough sex shortly after a very intense workout.

Part of the issue here is that you never mention any traumatic events, so I'm leaning towards an overly aggressive length training as a beginner without any girth to compliment it. This eventually led to worse and worse erection quality.

I would recommend the same thing I tell everyone else, to start with just massage every other day for 5 minutes. If there is additional pain or soreness rest an extra day until there is no additional pain or soreness. If there is no additional pain or soreness the next day for 2 or 3 massage sessions you can go to every day.

Again if there is no additional pain or soreness for 2-3 massage sessions you can go up to 10 minutes of massage every day. 2-3 more successful sessions you can go to 15 minutes.

After a full week of successful 15 minute massage sessions with no pain or soreness, take a couple of days off. Then do a massage session with 5-10 minutes of edging. Take the next day off. If there is additional soreness the following day take another day off until soreness is gone.

What you need to do is continue building up an edging routine going slowly paying close attention to soreness. If you are sore, you need rest to heal. If you are still sore you aren't healing. The purpose of the massage is to breakup scar tissue after you heal. Massage isn't meant to be rough, these aren't your back muscles. Be gentle. If there is scar tissue that you can feel and you think is stubborn and isn't going away from your massage sessions you can use a little more force, but take the next day off if you do.

The edging sessions are most likely going to make your weak side sore. Patience is going to be important here. The edging sessions could be very intense because your tunica has outgrown your smooth muscle tissue and it's going to stretch it intensely. Your first sessions shouldn't be to shoot for a rock hard erection. It should just be to get it relatively full and maintain that for a few minutes. No squeezes, stretches or jelqing for now. Just doing edging should be a significant girth workout for your condition.

After a while you should see slow improvements in erection quality. Ideally your length will shrink slightly, but you will regain your erection quality. This is your initial goal to healing. Slight loss of gains, but improved erection quality is your goal.

When your erection quality is consistently good for two weeks, then you can consider doing a very light workout consisting of very light stretches, edging, and potentially some very light girth exercises. Every workout should always end with a 10-20 minutes of edging. If I cannot achieve an erection immediately following a workout, then I know my workout was too aggressive.
Thank you so much for such a detailed message! Thank you for not trying to make me feel like I'm making something up or that I have a problem with my head. I really appreciate that!

Now about what you wrote.
I took total abstinence from sex and masturbation for 3 months, it has been 1 month and 10 days.

All this time I have been doing warm compresses from a hot water bag. Next comes massage and then in the malasana pose reverse kegel.

I want to emphasize that I do not and have not experienced any pain. My mistake was doing the stretching exercises, I didn't check my erection, and then a few months later when I noticed it (when I switched to jelking) I realized I had a problem.

So, I massage the base of the penis and crotch, I try to massage the IC and BC muscles, but all to no avail so far.

I also want to point out and note that as a result of this stretching, my penis has started to twist clockwise, and in erection it looks to the right and slightly down. I think the problem has a lot to do with that. Do you know of any way to correct this twisting and sideways deflection of the penis? If I'm not allowed to manual stretch.

Also what else has been noticed. Doing malasana pose with reverse kegels, my dick first extends in a relaxed state and then. starts to retract inward. And it retracts inward more on the side where the twisting and rolling is going, which is the right side.

Also what is noticed. Near my base, and also most pronounced on the sides I have bumps/bumps.
I am assuming that this was not the result of stretching the tunic, but from damage to the base. Perhaps a severe contracture of the IC/BC.

Any comments you have, I appreciate it!

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by IC/BC.

Also you said that you think your erection goes to the right and down and that you also have bumps near the base of your penis. Are these only on the right side or left side? Are there more bumps on one side?

When I perform stretch, I can feel my suspensory ligaments become taut around the base near my pubic bone. If I do a directional stretch to one extreme angle (i.e right, left, down, down/right, down/left, etc, only one particular section of ligaments is taut. If I haven't done a stretching routine within the past day (nor a hanging session in the past few days), they feel about even in terms of tension on both sides.

Not for exercise purposes, but for diagnostic purposes, could you do a very light stretch in all directions and feel your suspensory ligaments? Do you feel an even amount of tension on both sides? Do you feel that there is considerably more slack on the left side ligaments when stretching right and right/down? (than there is on the right side ligaments when stretching left and left/down?)

mistergeorge

Super Moderator, Member of the Month June 2021
Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score

mistergeorge

Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score

Hi MrMaxim, you also got a lot of good advice over on the thread you link to here. That thread has been reopened.

Thank you so much for such a detailed message! Thank you for not trying to make me feel like I'm making something up or that I have a problem with my head. I really appreciate that!

I think if you read my last reply on that other thread you will find that nobody intended to make you feel as if you were making something up. We understand that you are describing real symptoms. This is not surprising. You described a situation in which you injured yourself with stretching exercises and some sort of unidentified device, and then you continued to do the same things that caused the injury for another 1.5 months!

We were also concerned with the level of anxiety and worry about this problem and how it might be complicating matters. You are welcome to post the photograph again in your Profile Posts so that others can assess some of the things you describe. What I saw looked like a normal erection.

In your OP on the other thread you list many things you've tried to do to fix this problem to no avail. Nobody here wants to advise you to do things that could cause additional problems. Please use extra caution because you have already apparently done harm to yourself and didn't know when to stop. Okay?

My line of advice stands: Please continue to pursue evaluation from professional medical specialists. If that is not possible in your location, you might have to learn to live with this permanently because it's been going on for 2 years.

I also want to note again that you did not learn PE from PE Gym or the Biohacker site. Nothing you found on this site is responsible for the situation you are now in. Not all PE information resources are equal. If you had learned PE from this site, members of this forum would have cautioned you on proper technique. And members of these forums would have warned you to stop just as soon as your problems began.

I've been around this scene for about 15 years. I've seen a lot. All we can do at this point is be honest with you and do our best to talk about what worked for us. Usually with minor injuries or overwork a few weeks or months of rest is all that's required. If you've done mostly rest for the past 2 years, then you have much more complicated issues than we will probably be able to help you resolve.

We do hope for your full recovery.

Last edited:

mistergeorge

Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score

1.) Tunica/Ligaments
2.) Smooth Muscle Tissue
3.) Spongy Tissue
4.) Blood Vessels
5.) Nerves

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Post Stage 3:

Many years ago, pre-Internet era, there was a guy who acquired Peyronie's disease after an injury in an automobile accident. He got the diagnosis from his physician. He lost penis size and had painful erections and other complications. Finally he started inventing ways to massage the penis. He didn't know what else to do. After about 10 weeks of daily massage, the scar tissue in his tunica albuginea started to soften. Eventually his erections became normal again. He even reported that his penis enlarged. He went back to his physician who even wrote a letter confirming that he had recovered from Peyronie's disease!

For a while he was selling his massage program as a remedy for Peyronies and also as a method of penis enlargement. I'll give 5 likes to the person who can name the method he invented. I'll give 5 bonus likes if you can name the inventor. :)

MrMaxim

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by IC/BC.

Also you said that you think your erection goes to the right and down and that you also have bumps near the base of your penis. Are these only on the right side or left side? Are there more bumps on one side?

When I perform stretch, I can feel my suspensory ligaments become taut around the base near my pubic bone. If I do a directional stretch to one extreme angle (i.e right, left, down, down/right, down/left, etc, only one particular section of ligaments is taut. If I haven't done a stretching routine within the past day (nor a hanging session in the past few days), they feel about even in terms of tension on both sides.

Not for exercise purposes, but for diagnostic purposes, could you do a very light stretch in all directions and feel your suspensory ligaments? Do you feel an even amount of tension on both sides? Do you feel that there is considerably more slack on the left side ligaments when stretching right and right/down? (than there is on the right side ligaments when stretching left and left/down?)
The left side also has them, but they are much smaller than the right. In general there is a ring around the entire base, if you can call it that, but it is much more pronounced on the right side.

I'm afraid to do any stretching. I've given myself complete peace for 3 months and I don't want to break it, don't get me wrong. But I have tried deflecting the flaccid cock to the left side and yes it is harder to do than the right side.

mistergeorge

Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm afraid to do any stretching. I've given myself complete peace for 3 months and I don't want to break it, don't get me wrong. But I have tried deflecting the flaccid cock to the left side and yes it is harder to do than the right side.

That's a really good idea to give yourself a longer term of rest and peace.

With your description you could have some kind of plaque formation in the corpora cavernosa under the pubic bone in the perineum. Or perhaps there is a tear in the suspensory ligament after all. Who knows?

It would be very helpful to get a more detailed medical examination to rule some of these possibilities out. It's been more than 2 years of this so if you have a serious injury it's really important to know what's specifically going on.

Last edited: