• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

FAR Heating Pad | Hanging Use Question

aztempe123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm currently hanging between 2.5 and 4.0 hours per day. To date I have not used a heating pad or any other heat source. I've been able to warm up just fine with a brief manual routine, and I simply hang with really light weight as my warm-up. (a solid 15min warm-up).

I've had zero issues on the warm-up front, and if adding a heating source simply gets you warmed up faster then I'd rather skip. If a heating source increased the effectiveness of a hang by 10%, I'd probably still skip it for simplicity. BUT, if adding heating source were to significantly increase the effectiveness of a hang session, then I would go ahead and add it. (like, 25% better or more for your time hanging). My gauge of effectiveness is based on the "feel" of the hang.

For example, there are many people that have posted about the importance of an ADS after a hang session. One guy even went as far as to say that if you can't put on an ADS after a hang session, then you are wasting a good hang session. After I started using an ADS after my hang sessions, I've come to the conclusion that the effectiveness of a hang session is night and day if you add an ADS (like many posters have reported).

So, is adding a heat source to a hang session at a similar level of importance as adding an ADS after a hang session? Or, is a heat source really for a better warm up and helps optimize the hang for those that don't have as much time. (I ain't got no job so I can hang pretty much whenever). :)

Cavalier

Retired Super Moderator, Member of the Month Feb
Reaction score
One theory on using heat as a warm up is that it helps soften the collagen connective tissue of the tunica making it a bit more pliable. I don't think that anyone could put a number on how much it helps, it's likely to be a little different for each individual.

Stealthpeman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've added an infrared heat lamp to my hanging sessions and would recommend it.

Although I am doing fulcrum hangs aswell with it the rate at which I hit fatigue and comfort of the hang is a lot better.

I want to go for an expensive FAR heat pad but the lamp is def a good start and the heat is way more then needed. (I've seen reviews of some heat pads that don't get very hot)