• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

Experience with sitting on tennis ball?

Enaswan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Saw a thread on here recently about reverse kegels not triggering the front muscles - I can isolate fairly well front and back muscles with kegels, but don't feel at all on front when RKing.

Does anyone have any experience with sitting on a tennis ball (perineum) for muscle relaxation?

Hoping to release as much tension as possible, I already do hindi squats, happy baby and other PF yoga exercises and have been for a while now but still can't isolate front end on RK's

WillGetBetter

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have been doing pelvic floor massage by sitting on various balls an foam rollers for the past few months. I started with a practice tennis ball, which is a little more flexible than a normal one. I more it around to different positions. If I have it directly along the length of the shaft in the perineum, it feels like too much pressure. I usually try to run the ball down each side of the shaft. I use my legs to take some weight off if it feels like too much pressure.

I have moved up to a regular tennis ball and then a lacrosse ball, which is very stiff. I also sit on a foam roller sometimes.

I also struggled to do reverse kegels for a while. Have you looked into anterior pelvic tilt (APT)? By doing those stretches and exercises (you can find on YouTube), it helped. I also rotate my hips forward to flatten my lower back and that really helps to do RKs better.

caliboy415

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I sat on a handball (similar to stiffness of a tennis ball) for the first time yesterday as I was playing video games and I saw results that night when I edged. Granted I might've sat on it for a little too long (5 hours of on/off massage) but I didn't realize how tight my PF was until I sat on it.