Does anybody on here subscribe to the MGTOW philosophy?

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I've always been happier single, makes more time for other endeavors in my life to focus on but that may just be a personal preference in values. I definitely agree on the philosophy of happiness coming from within, when men go out seeking for partners in the mindset that it will make them happy, it will more times then not make them appear needy and undesirable to the opposite sex.

This is not to say I'm totally against the thought of relationships; people are wired for them to build civilization,families, etc. but they have always detracted from my life personally due to my more 'nomadic' and eccentric way of life.
You bring up an interesting point here a guy who is actually looking for a long term relationship can eaisly give off the wrong vibe. Women may say they want a long term relationship but you have to be careful how you present yourself when that is what you want too.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Haven't really read up on either terms, but based on my life thus far, I pretty much fall in the category of trying to find things I enjoy/make me happy outside of a relationship or dating. If I am being honest, I'm in my late 30s, and although I've gone on a number of dates, most really went nowhere/didn't last, and it took many many failed attempts (and women saying they don't find you attractive physically) to even get that far with any of them.

Not really anything I can change or work on either, given I'm in decent shape, but I'm not that tall, nor do I have what can be considered classical good looks that everyone wants these days (eg. chiseled jaw/strong jawline, deep-set eyes, strong cheeks, etc). As for the things I can control, I've worked on a number in past, have a good job, own my own home, car, motorcycle, money in investments for future, set of hobbies, people always tell me I'm funny/have a great sense of humor, etc, but those don't really matter when you can't even get a foot in the door, so to speak, 9 times out of 10.

I'm also someone who takes time to really grow attracted to someone (personality can matter a lot more than looks, so long as there is some physical attraction), but it also seems if you even spend a little time getting to know someone, they'll typically only ever see you as just a friend, unless they wanted to jump you from the start.

That said, I still do hope to find someone at some point, but it isn't the focus of my life, nor is it in my current long term plans (as I can't bank on finding someone). Fingers still crossed I'll come across someone one day that I do really connect with, who will give me the chance to do so.
Most successful guy i ever saw with women was a short chubby guy who didn't have classic good looks . He was outgoing and had the money /status thing as you describe . I would look at how you are presenting yourself .
Similar with the friend zone thing it used to happen to me and it's a bitch . You really have to let women know that is not what you are after early on.