Difficult rk from pf tightness

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
There seems a lot of suggestion out there that pelvic floor*(pf) tightness itself makes reverse kegel (rk) hard to do .

The idea seems to be that the stiffness in the pf makes this style of stretch difficult . The suggestion seems to be to do hindi etc to lossen the pf enough to enable rk.

Looking for comments.

HansTwilight

Retired Moderator, PE Gym Editor, Member of the M
Reaction score
It does, belly breath combos are the better solution. Hindis are also a good idea however.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Many guys talk of having to relax the pf with hindi before being able ot do rk.

Mohamad_Farrage

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
I believe that the best way to relax your PC muscle during intercourse is to practice what I call the Continuous Reverse Kegels Technique.[h=2]Now to practice it effectively you have to empty your bladder before sexual intercourse, then relax your PC muscle as if you’re urinating and make a slow full penetration with your erect penis into your partner's vagina, then start thrusting while maintaining this relaxed state of your PC muscle during sex, I call this the Continuous Reverse Kegels (CRK) technique; You need to imagine as if you’re peeing (urinating) into your partner’s vagina continuously and hold this thought in your mind during intercourse. This mind play method was very effective with lots of my patients.[/h]

WillGetBetter

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
Here is some information Pegasus asked me to share from a PM. I learn a lot of what is below from him nudging me in the right direction in my progress log. Basically, the conclusion is that a tight pelvic floor can impede one’s ability to do a RK.

I have direct experience with a tight pelvic floor keeping me from RK.

In the first two weeks of my training, I did a series of stretches for my pelvic floor (Hindi squats, happy baby pose, etc), and I was learning at the same time to RK. I didn’t understand what a tight pelvic floor felt like - because I couldn’t reference it to a loose pelvic floor. I only guessed that I had a tight pelvic floor because I had the symptoms: PreE, IKs, etc.

After stretching for two weeks for 10-30 mins each day, I started to feel my pelvic floor loosen and expand when I did a RK. Then, I started having success with my RKs during real sex.

Because everything was so new, I didn’t see the connection between stretching and me having the ability to do an actual RK. I just thought that RKs were a big part of my stamina getting better. So, I stopped doing the stretches. Well, the next time I tried to have real sex, I went back to lasting only 30 seconds. I could not do a RK. I felt like my pelvic floor was hard as a rock. I could not get it to expand.

It took me a few days to realize that if I tried to RK right at after doing the happy baby pose - it was super easy. My pelvic floor would expand with very little effort. It felt very natural.

Then, after a few hours, my ability to RK would fail again. That’s what made me realize that stretching was was what allowed me to do RKs. And, RKs are what lower my arousal and help increase my stamina. It’s all interconnected.

I’ve been playing around with a theory that RK effectiveness can be measured by how easily you can make your erection go away when doing RKs. For me, that was a good test, because at first when I tried to RK I could not make my erection go down. Now, I can make my full erection go down (maybe to a 2-3) in about 10-15 seconds. I have not gotten enough feedback to know if that really is a good test or if there are other confounding factors involved.

With other range of motion issues, a PT moves a body part around and can determine what the range of motion is. For the pelvic floor, I’m not sure how to do that. I suppose that some PT’s who specialize in pelvic floors have some diagnostic routines (maybe depth of a squat or how much you can butterfly the legs open, or something).

After loosening my pelvic floor with lots of stretching and doing a 100%RK routine for a few weeks, I then understood what a loose pelvic floor felt like. Even now after another month, I have to say that I have a constant awareness of how loose my pelvic floor is because it feels so different than it did for my whole adult life. It is hard to describe, it just feels loose. It doesn’t feel all bound up. This is an exaggeration, but it just feels like it hangs. I know it doesn’t literally hang, but it feels like it. Also, when I RK, my pelvic floor feels like it is expanding a lot. There is little resistance. It freely gets pushed down and out.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution.

WillGetBetter

Well Done !
Reaction score
One more thought on the inability to do RKs. In addition to a tight pelvic floor impeding RKs, I had another failed real sex experience that was also solved by a hint from Pegasus. I was going along doing RKs just fine, and then the locked up again. Pegasus recommended I look into anterior pelvic tilt. That was another giant leap in my understanding of what kept me from RKing. When my hips are rotated back such that my butts sticks out and my lower back has an arch inwards, I cannot RK. My guess is that the pelvic floor muscles are tightened by the pelvis pulling back. When I rotate my hips forward and flatten my lower back, I can do a RK with ease ( as long as my pelvic floor is loose from stretching). I’m now doing APT stretches and exercises to address this issue and to get to the point I don’t have to rotate my hips consciously.

eazy8228

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help everyone but I recently cut back on edging to only once a week and since doing so I am finding reverse kegels easier to perform. I also had a dramatic increase in lasting time with my wife recently. Too early to tell but this was just my recent experience

eazy8228

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Just to put in in perspective before I couldn't last more than 30 seconds with a BJ and 5 seconds during intercourse. Last time I was able to last a few minutes during a BJ without ejaculation and then a few minutes of intercourse. It was amazing to actually be able to enjoy myself for once.

TheR

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm missing something but surely a tight PF cannot fully remove the ability to do an RK when it is the same muscle group for urinating?

I found it was easier to RK and identify the muscle involved initially if I needed to urinate. If I needed to urinate I would do a gentle RK asif I was about to urinate and I'd get to sensation that I could start the flow (but didn't) and this helped identify the muscle and due to needing to urinate increased the feeling in the PF to confirm what was happening.

Does that make sense?

WillGetBetter

Well Done !
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm missing something but surely a tight PF cannot fully remove the ability to do an RK when it is the same muscle group for urinating?

I found it was easier to RK and identify the muscle involved initially if I needed to urinate. If I needed to urinate I would do a gentle RK asif I was about to urinate and I'd get to sensation that I could start the flow (but didn't) and this helped identify the muscle and due to needing to urinate increased the feeling in the PF to confirm what was happening.

Does that make sense?

That exact idea has been in my mind recently, and I don’t have an adequate answer to it. It might mean that urinating just need a little expansion of the pelvic floor, but regulating the arousal (or stiffness of an erection) needs more. Or, it means that there is something else that we don’t understand about how this is all connected.

I know that when I reverse kegel, my EQ goes down. I know that to urinate, I need to reduce my EQ to a certain level to be able to urinate and that RKs can help get me there.

I’m not sure how that is all related exactly.

Lucian

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks to WGB, I believe ATP is an issue for me. I've noticed to RK, I must thrust my hips forward a little, almost like a penetrating motion. Hold them forward, then I can RK much easier. My method is to actually do this thrust or rocking in rhythm to RK.

Come to find out, it's because every time I thrust, im properly aligning my hips and pf! My oh my. Time to begin looking into ATP focused exercises and get be more religious about my butterfly / hindi.

WillGetBetter

Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks to WGB, I believe ATP is an issue for me. I've noticed to RK, I must thrust my hips forward a little, almost like a penetrating motion. Hold them forward, then I can RK much easier. My method is to actually do this thrust or rocking in rhythm to RK.

Come to find out, it's because every time I thrust, im properly aligning my hips and pf! My oh my. Time to begin looking into ATP focused exercises and get be more religious about my butterfly / hindi.

That’s the exact same thing that happened to me. I feel that just how you described.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score

Does that make sense?

So i could never understand how a lot of guys found rk difficult after all you do one each time oou piss.

Well i think we are on the trail of the answer .. Pre e often co exists with toilet issues by the way.

TheR

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So i could never understand how a lot of guys found rk difficult after all you do one each time oou piss.

Well i think we are on the trail of the answer .. Pre e often co exists with toilet issues by the way.

Yeah its confused me too. My advice to anyone out there struggling to RK would be. Urinate like normal and pay attention to what your doing. Then next time you need to piss gently try and start the flow without doing so and because you will need to pee this will really give you the 'feeling' of the RK. From there you can move to trying to do it when you don't need to pee.

This has given me more questions about me though. I've never ever had any difficulty when taking a piss. I can start the flow easily, I can increase the flow easily (to pretty rapid too!) so maybe the front of my PF isn't that tight? I do always have to kegal several times though to get the last few bits out. I have always had some issue in going to the toilet though and struggling when taking a sh*t. Maybe its the rear of my PF thats tight? But not sure if that would affect my PreE?

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
My view is that tightness anywhere in the pf is not good for stamina .

Well it does seem the front of your pelvic floor is not that tight R .
Like me you must keep an open mind to the experience of others and try to move forward to more complete understanding . Already this has increased your understanding of your own situation a win win.

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I continue to watch this .
It occurs to me many who have difficulty with rk should start with stretches like Hindi etc . Now in some cases this has quick effect and sometimes it will take some time to relax the area enough for rk to become easier.

Sancezz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I can not find the reverse kegel and how to do it. This is somehow very strange for me - because I remember that some time ago I could easily increase the flow of urine and never gave it any thought. And now I am actually shocked that I can not. I do not know or understand what has happened or changed.