• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

Depression, anxiety and stress, help?

lifeexplicit

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Hey guys for 2 weeks now ive been feeling like sh*t and have become lazy as hell. I have had lack of motivation lately to complete anything that i usually do in normal daily life such as gym, studying, PE and much more. I dont know how to clear my mind and start take on theese things like i usually do.

How do you guys keep your calm and motivation up?

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
Maybe take a break and just sit back an relax, sometimes your mind/body wants to rest. :)

Do you have any hobbies, friends, someone close. :)

It helps to talk about what is bothering you to someone you trust. :)

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
A holiday can be good.

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Step one.
look deep within, find what triggered this.

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above. I also know from experience that talking about what is bothering me here on the Gym is very helpful. Sometimes anonymity is very beneficial. Do you want to talk about anything?

Redtony

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
your mind is everything...

lifeexplicit

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
your mind is everything...
^This is what i think aswell, my mind is full of sh*t and i cant think straight.

Thank you guys so much for the replies, very much appreciated peeps!
There is so many things on my mind that could possibly trigger all this. Ill sleep on it and see how i feel next week :)

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good luck brother. Be gentle on yourself.

GirthGainzPlz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Where do you live??? Winter months have an effect on mood. The world we live in these days is a weird one man. Our bodies and minds are not meant for the society we try to "live" in. Is anyone alive? Last real conversation with someone that wasn't too busy lost in life? We need less congestion of people, less technology, less of a system telling us we need big dicks and lots of money. Tribes...yes that's what we need these days.....small tribes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVr3qTQUyBw

Reactions: burtybasset

Redtony

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
^This is what i think aswell, my mind is full of sh*t and i cant think straight.

Thank you guys so much for the replies, very much appreciated peeps!
There is so many things on my mind that could possibly trigger all this. Ill sleep on it and see how i feel next week :)

you need to control your thoughts , when you have thoughts that make you feel bad or negative, try to catch yourself and say, hey, you again, and then focus on thoughts that make you feel good or positive, repetition turns into habit... Hope this helps you out buddy, good luck

Dontrike

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey guys for 2 weeks now ive been feeling like sh*t and have become lazy as hell. I have had lack of motivation lately to complete anything that i usually do in normal daily life such as gym, studying, PE and much more. I dont know how to clear my mind and start take on theese things like i usually do.

How do you guys keep your calm and motivation up?

I tend to deal with issues like this, and by deal I mean I don't, by trying my best to completely ignore them and hope that the problems go away in their own time.

Not the best advice, so I will give something better where it is probably better if you analyze exactly why you are having these feelings, or lack of them. See if anything specific may have caused these.

Last edited:

daddy man

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I live in a cold climate and have similar issues every year. When I get down I like to travel ,if possible even if it is only a day . This winter I got into daily exercise which helped. PE Gym has been an excellent distraction as well as a chance to improve myself. I hope these comments are of some use to you. Try to keep in mind that many other guys have similar experiences and challenges to overcome. You are not alone in this. Stay strong!

Kane82

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Honestly, the winter gets to me at times. It doesn't seem to interfere with my PE though. I stay motivated in PE by making it habitual, and not these elaborate sessions. 15-20 min in the morning and at night around showering. I might throw in some stealth ADS. It's like a hobby, and I don't obsess over the gains. I just trust the science and logic that it takes time, and must adapt the routines to what seems to be feeling like it is working the best. Remove the stress and anxiety over PE, by not focusing on the gains, making it a habit, treating it like a hobby, and don't make sessions so long that you think you need to commit hour blocks to it.

Overall, I like to research and study all sorts of different information...it's my nature. If you want motivation, you need to understand the basic principle of it - negative feedback. As conscious animals, we have the ability to form simulations in our minds. We can, in essence, visualize our goals and desires, and assess our current state. Both of those things are very important. The larger the gap between the desire and current state, the larger the motivation to achieve. However, without a strategic, incremental plan to achieve that goal, you may get overwhelmed, stressed out, and anxious. Break goals into small chunks, visualize them, write them down. Keep a daily planner and set daily and weekly goals.

One of the biggest reasons people get "stuck in a rut" is because they have no clue what they desire. Be specific when imagining your desires.

Hope this helps.

master-gauge

Senior Member, Member of the Month May 2016
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm "North of the Wall" too and Winter sucks, :nod: lol.. Especially this one, with all the ice over everything and that last dumping of snow :snow:.. I find it very hard getting motivated to exercise and always gain a few pounds which makes it even worse.. PE has been keeping me motivated really well this year and last, but I still lag in the exercise dept.. Nothing else really to do in the Winter here but PE to keep me goin' til spring!! Outside is so damn depressing.. I need to get some sort of set up that sees me in the Southern US in the winters of the future, lol..

Redtony

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Winter makes your penis smaller too :(

lifeexplicit

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Then that might be it, when winter hits Sweden you're not going to see a sliver of the sun. Anyways i am feeling much better, the only thing that is bothering me is studying. Im having a really hard time focusing and getting things done.

TPW

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey lifeexplicit,

There is no denying that we live in a world where “don’t worry, be happy” is the order of the day and so we are quick to suppress, medicate and even berate ourselves when we feel bad for any length of time. But as irrational as our negative emotions may seem to us and others at times, they do have intrinsic value otherwise humans wouldn’t continue to experience them.

Rather than avoid our negative emotions, we should recognize them for the important tools to our happy existence that they are. Negative emotions actually do us a great favour; not only can they alert us to a physical issue, they are indicators advising us to change how or what we are currently doing.

In your case, for example, perhaps you are physically or emotionally or mentally burnt out and your depression/lack of motivation is a sign indicating that you are in dire need of a change in pace or environment.

Regarding your stress and anxiety…oftentimes, these two emotions can result when we are not being true to ourselves. They can signal ways in which our actions or circumstances are not in alignment with our deepest values. These “negative” emotions can signal us that it is time to take stock and make changes to eliminate that which no longer serves our greatest good.

So rather than waste energy suppressing or avoiding these emotions, wouldn’t it be much more beneficial to determine what triggered them in the first place and then set about making the necessary changes? I bet you would feel much better in far less time.

Just something to think about. :)

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Balance

Here is how. You become aware you have in your thinking, a negative thought.
YOU then create an opposing POSITIVE thought.
example
I will never get over having a bad complexion, I'll always have acne.
I am going to look better, I can deal with this and start taking better care.

You head will usually create a negative mindset, usually as a form of self protection, albeit not very helpful.

You, the owner of the body you live in and the mind trapped between your ears, gets to manage all things.
Either Master to it, or slave of it; your choice.

Reactions: BigO

Redtony

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey lifeexplicit,

There is no denying that we live in a world where “don’t worry, be happy” is the order of the day and so we are quick to suppress, medicate and even berate ourselves when we feel bad for any length of time. But as irrational as our negative emotions may seem to us and others at times, they do have intrinsic value otherwise humans wouldn’t continue to experience them.

Rather than avoid our negative emotions, we should recognize them for the important tools to our happy existence that they are. Negative emotions actually do us a great favour; not only can they alert us to a physical issue, they are indicators advising us to change how or what we are currently doing.

In your case, for example, perhaps you are physically or emotionally or mentally burnt out and your depression/lack of motivation is a sign indicating that you are in dire need of a change in pace or environment.

Regarding your stress and anxiety…oftentimes, these two emotions can result when we are not being true to ourselves. They can signal ways in which our actions or circumstances are not in alignment with our deepest values. These “negative” emotions can signal us that it is time to take stock and make changes to eliminate that which no longer serves our greatest good.

So rather than waste energy suppressing or avoiding these emotions, wouldn’t it be much more beneficial to determine what triggered them in the first place and then set about making the necessary changes? I bet you would feel much better in far less time.

Just something to think about. :)

I agree with a lot with your saying but sometimes in SOME CASES there is NO sense to negative thoughts and unfortunately if you keep trying to figure out whats going on , it will only make things worse & potentially make you a lot worse that you were originally were. Focus on good things - avoid negative thoughts like your on a highway passing them one by one.

Dagger speaks wise words that i know to be true , "You, the owner of the body you live in and the mind trapped between your ears, gets to manage all things.
Either Master to it, or slave of it; your choice."

Last edited: