Thought this was interesting ,

83568948_2788740537886727_1098121256667971584_n.jpg

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Stress and lifestyle changes

Stress and fatigue can quickly sap your sex drive. Stress can hit from any direction — challenging children, financial worries, aging parents, health concerns, career woes, and more. An overload of competing demands may keep you and your partner from nurturing many aspects of your relationship, sexual and otherwise.

mWttrs2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cool post. Sports and healthy eating helped me the most to relieve stress;)

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Sports is hard during covid

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score

Dangler

Sr. Admin, ΦWizardΦ, White Tiger Award 2015
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
grabbed a copy of it:

brain.jpg

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Try rum!

Jay1983

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2014, Sept
Well Done !
Reaction score
Go fish :fishing:

reenaict

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Dealing with Stress

Stress management is extremely important and helps deal with stress-related anxiety, depression, and other related mental health issues.

Here is a list of a few of the most effective techniques to deal with stress.

Go for Regular Workout Sessions

Mental health is directly connected to physical health. Regular workout ensures muscle and body relaxation, which is an excellent method to relieve stress. It activates your muscles and nerves, making you fit to face any stressful situations.

Eat Healthily

Physical health is also determined by the amount of nutritious diet you consume. Healthy, nutritious food must fill out any type of nutritional deficiencies and make you healthy within.

Drink Water

Water is the best body and minds soothing solution. Even if it seems irrelevant, you can never ignore how water helps you calm down during stressed-out situations. It is even better if you have a habit of drinking ample water throughout the day. Dehydration leads to higher cortisol levels, a stress hormone, making it harder to deal with everyday issues. Hence with water, you can reduce the intensity of stress.

Laugh Out Loud

Laughter is the best remedy to improve oxygen intake, which activates muscles, lungs, and heartbeats. It thus increases endorphin levels. It first increases and then decreases the heartbeat rate and blood pressure levels to relieve stress. It is considered one of the most remarkable cures for almost all mental health issues.

Take Adequate Sleep

Taking adequate sleep on time is important to keep the mind and body relaxed. Training yourself to set up this simple routine is not as simple as it sounds. You need to be consistent and disciplined for a long time to make your body understand how to adapt to this habit.

Play With Kids

Kids find a way for happiness under any circumstances, and their innocence is the best thing we need to learn as adults. If you observe keenly, kids unknowingly resolve our biggest issues, which we find hard to cope with as adults. Playing even for a while with kids will help you relieve stress.

Take Time for a Hobby

Hobbies are something we all adore since our childhood, but we forget to put them into practice with age and heaping responsibilities. Take out some time for them and go back to that happy place, where you can relax a bit.

Listen to Good Music

Good soothing and calming music are an excellent remedy to relieve stress. It is effective in stimulating your emotions and your body. Music makes you feel more activated and concentrate better while calming down your mind and help you relax.

Get Rid of Addictions

Addictions may seem to help and relax you initially, but addictions like alcohol or smoking actually worsen your conditions in the long run. Hence try getting rid of them immediately.

Write Down Your Worries

Writing down your thoughts is the best remedy to express your heart. If something is troubling you, or some worries are making chaos within you, write down all of it. You will feel better. Maintaining a daily diary also helps.

Go for Meditation

Meditation helps with calming down your mental focus and body. It controls your breath and thus your concentration. It is the best remedy to relax the chaos going on within your mind.

Spend Some Family Time

The best place to come back and relax is your home. Your loved ones, your family, your friends will always stand by you. Hold their hand, cuddle them, you will feel better. It supports you mentally and strengthens you to fight back any issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pegasus

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution reenaict have some green repuation markers .

bbbonbon

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
I often had stress that I didn`t know how to deal with. Sometimes sports or fishing with friends helped me. But recently my friend was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and he was really very stressed. He was undergoing therapy which really helped him but he continued to worry. We started spending more time together and not talking about the disease. We spent a lot of time outdoors, in entertainment centers, in camping, etc. Now he is much better, he feels good and less stressed

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I often had stress that I didn`t know how to deal with. Sometimes sports or fishing with friends helped me. But recently my friend was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and he was really very stressed. He was undergoing therapy which really helped him but he continued to worry. We started spending more time together and not talking about the disease. We spent a lot of time outdoors, in entertainment centers, in camping, etc. Now he is much better, he feels good and less stressed
Power to you for helping your friend ,from memory you also had a family member stressed out ?

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Common symptoms of anxietyBehaviour• withdrawing from, avoiding or fearingobjects or situations which cause anxiety• urges to perform certain rituals in a bidto relieve anxiety• not being assertive(e.g. avoiding eye contact)• difficulty making decisions• safety cautious(e.g. frightened to be alone)Feelings• overwhelmed• fear (particularly when having to facecertain objects, situations or events)• excessive worry about physicalsymptoms/medical problems• dread that something bad will happen• constantly tense, nervous or on edge• uncontrollable or overwhelming panicThoughts• “I’m going crazy.”• “I can’t control myself.”• “I’m about to die.”• “People are judging me.”• finding it hard to stop worrying• unwanted or intrusive thoughts• having upsetting dreams or flashbacks• feeling detached from your physical selfPhysical• increased heart rate/racing heart• shortness of breath• vomiting, nausea or pain in the stomach• dizzy, lightheaded or faint• muscle tension and pain (e.g. sore back)• having trouble sleeping• sweating, shaking, numbness or tingling• hot or cold flushes5Types of anxietyThe six most common types of anxiety are:Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)A person feels anxious on most days, worryingabout lots of different things, for a period of sixmonths or more.Social phobiaA person has an intense fear of being criticisedor embarrased even in everyday situations suchas speaking publicly, eating in public, beingassertive at work or making small talk.Specific phobiasA person feels very fearful about a particular objector situation (e.g. having an injection or travellingon a plane) and may go to great lengths to avoid it.There are many different types of phobias.Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)A person has ongoing unwanted and/or intrusivethoughts and fears that cause anxiety. Althoughthe person may acknowledge these thoughtsas silly, they often try to relieve their anxiety bycarrying out certain behaviours or rituals. Forexample, a fear of germs and contamination canlead to constant washing of hands and clothes.Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)This can happen any time from one month aftera traumatic event (e.g. war, assault, accident,disaster). Symptoms can include difficultyrelaxing, upsetting dreams or flashbacks,avoidance of anything related to the event,and sometimes feeling emotionally numb.Panic disorderA person has panic attacks, which are intenseand often uncontrollable feelings of anxietycombined with a range of physical symptoms.Someone having a panic attack may experienceshortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness,excessive perspiration and can sometimes thinkthey’re having a heart attack or are about to die.For more information on the different types ofanxiety visit beyondblue.org.au/types-of-anxiet

southernprince

Senior Member, Member of the Month March 2021
Well Done !
Reaction score
Great thread, Pegasus. In my opinion, this should be a sticky in either "Body & Mind Improvement" or "Exercise and Health".

Mimp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I deal with stress almost every day. It's stress at work, at home, health problems, family problems... all together. The best remedy, of course, is time. When you have enough time and don't rush, you experience less stress. To deal with stress, I try to start my day in no hurry. I wake up earlier to calmly have a cup of coffee, take my daily vitamins from the <REMOVED > and have a walk before a long work day. Then, I'm trying to walk after work and have some exercises in the evening. Additionally, our diet influences very much our mental health. So I try to eliminate all sugary drinks and junk, fatty food, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pegasus

Pegasus

Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
I deal with stress almost every day. It's stress at work, at home, health problems, family problems... all together. The best remedy, of course, is time. When you have enough time and don't rush, you experience less stress. To deal with stress, I try to start my day in no hurry. I wake up earlier to calmly have a cup of coffee, take my daily vitamins, and have a walk before a long work day. Then, I'm trying to walk after work and have some exercises in the evening. Additionally, our diet influences very much our mental health. So I try to eliminate all sugary drinks and junk, fatty food, etc.

Thanks for your input which i liked .
Of course most people are under time stress in the modern workplace .

Reactions: Mimp

Mimp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for your input which i liked .
Of course most people are under time stress in the modern workplace .

Agree, I think the lack of time is the main trigger for me.