Chatbox?

Bjorn89

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yo people.

A simple chatbox/intergrated like IRC might be beneficial to the site? What do you guys think.

closed149

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
That'd be sweet, like what they have on Facebook so we could chat with our friends lol

deleteduser

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm for it!

WhiteCloudz

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
sounds like a great idea

aidan784

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm with Sidewinder. But then I'm probably the last person alive, or at least my age, who isn't on bloody facebook!
It's hardly as if private messages are too much of an effort as it stands.
I think it could detract from the forums themselves aswell.

closed149

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm with Sidewinder. But then I'm probably the last person alive, or at least my age, who isn't on bloody facebook!

I respectfully disagree;

PMs are an effort! But simply chatting could make back-and-forth conversations much less complicated. I also feel that being able to chat instantly with other online members would improve friendships in our community.

But I do see how it could possibly take the focus away from the actual forums if everyone is simply communicating through chat. (And not using the forums.)

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, Bjorn. I think it's a great idea as the Gym grows by leaps and bounds. It's in the "suggestion box." They tried it at M*****s of S*ze (when I was a mod/member there). I'm not sure how successful it became. But that does not mean it can't work here.

Last edited:

Bjorn89

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
That'd be sweet, like what they have on Facebook so we could chat with our friends lol

No not like on facebook, it would just be a moderated chatbox.

@aIDAN these forums are here for informational purposes, the chatbox would be just a chatbox :)

I like it the way it is.

You dont have to enter the chatbox. Nothing will change for you then.

I respectfully disagree;

PMs are an effort! But simply chatting could make back-and-forth conversations much less complicated. I also feel that being able to chat instantly with other online members would improve friendships in our community.

But I do see how it could possibly take the focus away from the actual forums if everyone is simply communicating through chat. (And not using the forums.)

Like I said, you could easily post a link about your topic and people can respond to it. It's just more personal and easy to ask quick advice. Also talk about daily stuff etc. It will enhance the closeness of the community in a non-gay way :p :D

Thanks for the suggestion, Bjorn. I think it's a great idea as the Gym grows by leaps and bounds. It's in the "suggestion box." They tried it at M*****s of S*ze (when I was a mod/member there). I'm not sure how successful it became. But that does not mean it can't work here.

Rhaegar-mirc3.JPG

It would look kinda like this.

On the right side you can see the member who are connected to the server and that specific chatroom. IRC even offers hidden rooms(easy for mods) and passworded channels.

JFPowertop

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
GREAT IDEA! I am all for a chat box or IM so we can chat back and forth instantly.

aidan784

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think it also encourages lurkers/lurking more. It might be less communal because people are only interested in those they chat with, thus avoiding posting in the forums. Of course these are 'maybes'.

Plus if you are actually interested in more social discussions with friends I still fail to see how PM's are an effort.

Flanker6

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've thought about something like this and I think the site is good how it is. Its a great idea its just that it will take away from the forum aspect. However, I know plenty of people have some sort of instant messenger so if you want to talk to them you could easily get their screen name. Just my input.

NP97

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Runnin' Down a Dream, Goin' Wherever it Leads.
I like the idea, but enough people forget about all the info on the site, and ignore looking around the forum. I can see a chatbox being quite anoying and spam-filled.